New Heros of Color and Representation of Women and Men

That’s also an option!

I guess, by your suggestion that the thread be closed, that you don’t care either way about this topic? Because if you had an opinion, one way or other, you would have stated it, right?

So I’ve got some good news: you don’t have to read this thread! You can leave it to the people who think that having a plurality of white heroes and over sexualised women is a good thing, and to those who think it is a bad thing.

don’t forget over sexualizing men.

I count 20 human 4* heroes. 14 seem to be white and 6 seem to be every other human ethnicity except white.

Only 5*? You are discriminating against the 2*! :grin:

(I’m only partly kidding here. If we’re going to number all groups, we should include everyone…and agree on the rules beforehand…otherwise it’s just opinion.)

For those late to the thread, please read the original post.

I’m counting accurately, I believe, but I’m really just making a point. We know that white heroes are dominant, because we see them whenever we play. We can count if we want, but the count is unlikely to tell us anything new.

(That’s what I thought when I started, anyway. I’m a little shocked that 75% of human 4* and 5* heroes are white. I would have guessed maybe 60%, and would have thought that ridiculously high.)

Shocked why? What is the source for fantasy characters of another color? Hansel and Gretel are white, as is King Arthur, Guinevere, Merlin, etc. Look forbtge source of most of these characters.

Ogres/orcs are usually depicted as green. Here they are as well. It’s following an existing trope.

Asking for a change to the status quo is fine. I don’t demand it though.

1 Like

if u want to be catergorist of things not white then count the heroes. not white should be categorized beastmen, undead, demon, magic, monster, elves, dwarves, orc, orges , goblins ,Druid , elemental beings, angel, asian including pale heroes with non european clothes, and of course any skin color darker than WHITE. then do ur counting

Here’s my tally. I’ve counted undead as the race of their corpse.

Non-white:

Alasie, Joon, Drake Fong, Misandra, Musashi, Delilah, Khiona, Li Xiu, Kelile, Gafar, Sumitomo, Chao

White:

Hel, Lianna, Zeline, Athena, Marjana, Red hood, Natalya, Isarnia, Vivica, Gretel, Elena, Morgan le Fay, Sonya, Sabina, Guinevere, Lady Locke, Domitia, Scarlett, Kadilen, Justice, Valeria, Alberich, Wilbur, King Arthur, Gregorion, Kiril, Aegir, Victor, Peters, Hansel, Merlin, Khagan, Elkanen, Leonidas, Aeron, Lancelot, Caedmon, Melendor, Tiburtus, Rigard, Perseus, Kestrel, Richard, Colen, Little John, Quintus, Boril, Cyprian, Boomer, Thorne, Sargasso, Falcon

Racially ambiguous:

Ares, Tarlak, G. Panther, Grimm, G. Jackal, Gravemaker, Magni, Sartana, Obakan, Thoth-Amun

Non-human:

Rana, Ameonna, Skittleskull, Horghall, Proteus, Wu Kong, Boldtusk, Azlar, Master Lepus, Gormek, Triton, Hu Tao, Danzaburo, G. Kong, Kashhrek, Rumpelstiltskin, Boss Wolf, Jack O’Hare, Gobbler, Guardian Owl, Gadeirus, Mok-Arr, Agwe

Is it nice to talk against white people? I bet it is coz you are allowed to do that. Why is that? Could imagine me talking against people of color in here? Shouting: “this game has too many colored heroes, i want more white heroes!”

Me writing that seriously would surely end in ban.

This whole topic is stupid as fu…

3 Likes

There are rich sources of mythology available from all around the world - SG has already touched on China a tiny bit, though they haven’t considered other Asian countries, they haven’t looked to Africa at all, they haven’t looked to Polynesian myths and traditions at all (unless the new apparently Polynesian characters come from stories I have not heard, which is possible), and they seem not to have gone anywhere near the subcontinent (which is surprising, because picking characters from Indian myth and legend should be both easy and fun).

This just the stuff I’m vaguely familiar with, and I’m not heavily into any of this, I just read things sometimes. If I was looking for new characters to introduce into a game like E&P, I certainly wouldn’t be starting in Europe, given the ethnicity of the existing hero base. (I almost choked on my Camembert back when the Athurian event first came along - an ill fitting white crossover into an already chalky LoTR type fantasy world.)

elves are not white they are from mana or ether they are colored white because they are made pure by the ether creator and when corrupted by evil they can turn into dark elves

exactly
20 characters

so the sakura family is CHINESE . u blind

Does yellow skin also count as white? Vivica definitely is Asian.

Just to be clear, you are suggesting in your post that we should count

as non white. You are comfortable writing this and posting it in the forum. You seem to be serious.

Tell me, why should we not count them all as white?

Point of order: Hu Tao is a panda. I haven’t checked the rest of your list, but that one’s an oops.

1 Like

and it seem u are very comfortable calling everyone lighter than light brown white.

So by my tally – and one may take issue with it, there are 52 human heroes modeled on Caucasian subjects and 14 modeled on non-Caucasian. The OP’s point, I believe, was that (+/- a few points), that is not representative of global populations. I do think it’s notable that over half of the non-white heroes have been added as HotM or special event heroes. Clearly moving in a direction.

2 Likes

I could definitely imagine you shouting that, yes. And yes, I hope you would be banned for that, because coloured heroes are rare in the game, while there are white heroes everywhere. So presumably you would be shouting this stuff for some insincere reason, who knows what.