Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

We all know what happened here. SGG wanted alliances to consider green tanks. Instead of releasing a hard to get hero of the same quality as Yunan, they chose to rip the bandaid off and release the best tank as a readily available HOTM. I’ve never been a fan of raids, but I’m very keen on war. Unfortunately, while I can hang in low diamond and reroll, I can’t really do anything about war. So from my view this hurt the game. My alliance will switch to green soon. I suppose we’ll get a few easy war wins, then start getting paired against green alliances.

I don’t like to see heroes nerfed after release so I voted against it. But considering there’s a real possibility of a change, I believe I should get my say in on what revamp to make. I think those who spent to acquire and used their mats need to be kept happy. Telluria should still be a hero that players go gaga over. Telluria would still remain top tank if the -managen were replaced with +attack, but would be more enjoyable to face. I’d say even to make the effect +attack for all green allies. She’ll buff her second hit on defense, and be a top notch hero for raiding and titans. Some jokers will run extra green on defense to gamble (take a look at her minions). About +20% should keep her highly coveted.

3 Likes

Only if you spend and only for one month. She is still not readily available for the majority of players. Some will luckily get her still but against the odds.

I feel like SG needs a do over on the first 3 hotm this year, Jean needs adjusted to 3 turn burn, something that was heavily suggested, vela either needs a reduction to red damage percent to be in line with other “extra damage” heroes or just remove extra damage to reds and increase dot a bit, Tell probably a reduction to -24 mana. They’re in a tough spot to keep folks happy here and interested in the game, and they should make any expected changes sooner, rather then later. They have the numbers available to them on what percent these new powerful defenses are winning, they know better then everyone else if game balance has been thrown off, and I assume they see it has been. Good luck SG, and if you make changes, you should really consider allowing players that have maxed said heroes, to change their minds if changes are any more substantial then what I’ve listed.

2 Likes

This is all going to be so irrelevant when they introduce the 6* heroes in Season 5 #expansion

4 Likes

I’m against a JF buff while Tell is in her current form. An upgraded defensive GM doesn’t counter Tell, it breaks broken some more. In a world where Tell doesn’t exist, this thread is likely Heimdall/Vela/JF. Maybe Vela needs looked at, but today isn’t the day. Personally I think she should have more damage and probably less crippling effects on reds.

Tell is essentially a jack-of-all-trades master of 1-2 hero. That’s as close to the equivalent of a sandbox mode hero as you get.

1 Like

I might be in the minority here, but first thing I would do is get rid of her special damage. 150-200 isn’t a lot but trying to bring 4* with 1200hp…2 hits from her and then GM firing can destroy 4* quick. Getting rid of the attack in the special would at least allow you to dump tiles into her to charge your healers up, even at a slower pace.

1 Like

No love for this suggestion?

/cries myself to sleep
//not really, it’s late morning

Fair enough, opinions are just that, opinions. Jean to me isn’t nearly the threat of gm on defense and there are counters to make him completely useless, it was mostly a suggestion to create a better Tell counter with a stronger jean. But, as you stated, this is a thread about tell so I’ll leave it at that.

acoording to pool that " Does Telluria Need a Nerf?" so far(its been a while as you can see) %62 of people says NO %38 of people says YES…and the look at the number of woters; 1013 PEOPLE!

Now the results will be obvious for me! it will be end of this pool time(when ever it is…) it will still be NO users still will be above the %51 ! Numbers seems like that…

İdk SG will go nerf or not but if you guys believe that; the vote system is fare and conculisive; then it wont be need a nerf nessesrly!
Becouse POOL and VOTES says that not me… :wink:

I use to get the meeeh Hotm but not the good ones, so I’m running with Neith, Grimble, 5x Margret… but no Kingston, Grave, Telluria…

Still I voted no on a nerf initially, because I could see the problem to explain it to those who invested in her.

Personally, she broke my interest in raids completely. being around 2700 cups you face over 75% Tell tanks and yes, I found a team with a win rate >80% against her, but that is not what made the game fun; using the same team in all raids of the day…

Still, this was something I could have lived with, because we had fun in our casual gaming alliance.
Which stopped today… It seems like it was sufficient time for the normal players to bring their Tell to 4/80 and throw them into war. Usually scoring around 5300 points we will be done below 3.500 for not being able to flip the board more than once with 5 Tell tanks.
the feedback in the group was quite clear: devastation and for the F2P in the group the question how to ever compete against her, when not being able to cast a single special attack during war hits.

That changed my mind and I think something has to be done.
Still not sure if a nerf is the right way, maybe there are other options, but for the F2P it seems not game changing, but game ending.

And seeing 55 of the current top 60 players running Tell Tanks with 2 Kunchen,1 Yunnan, 1 Boss Wolf and 1 Frida as the exception it tells me, the balance got lost…

6 Likes

Guin got lost, balance got broken.
:wink:

Kingston got nerfed after going live, they reduced the cap on his attack down debuff

This is a load of horse crap. I’m betting everyone that voted to nerf her has been playing for a while and is now mad because noobies actually have a chance. I pulled her after about 4 months of playing. Prior to that I couldn’t progress at all. Now she’s ascended ×2@20lv and I still get whipped on a regular basis. Leave it alone…

1 Like

@Olmor Sure, there were plenty Guin tanks out when we both started playing the game, but I can’t remember seeing such an mono tank issue in the last 20 months…

And before swinging too much into Guin-topic: those who have her (I don’t…) said she is a pure defensive hero and mostly useless on offenes, which seems not to be the case for Telluria

still, this may be biased from recent experience and the Guin-time being so long ago

1 Like

I have one suggestion, every one whu have Telluria just feed your Aife with her to be calm every one who dont like it.

I’m trying to understand what you are saying.

Did you say you’ve been playing 4 months and have 2 4/80 Tellurias at +20?

Have a chance at what? Most of her counters that are out now came out before you started playing 4 months ago. Her in her current state actually hurts chance at forming teams that can beat her.

I have Heimdall at 16 emblems. Doing testing yesterday he performed on par with a 3-70 Telluria. Telluria’s mana reduction wins the fights. She makes it all about the luck of the opening board.

4 Likes

No wonder he can’t compare, Telluria’s minion alone catch up for the majority of Heimdall’s extra hp and the HoT, mana reduction and better speed puch her far above him.

At least he is useful on his dying moment as he could boost allies’ mana, letting them fire a round earlier.

1 Like

He would have been the progression tank in the game and Tell would have been a close to as good as Heimdall, maybe still as good, if she were slow, wasn’t all enemies and allies, or even was statted in such a manner that didn’t make her an Uber tank before emblems.