Nerf Rochefort

Lately we have seen lots of strong heroes who deal a lot of damage. But there is a problem with this hero, or with whatever hero who does a ton of FLAT damage. When a hero does a % of damage, my alfa heroes with high defense receive less damage. On the contrary, with this kind of hero, no matter how many aethers and alfas I have used on my heroes, he does always that amount of damage.
This kind of heroes shouldn’t do such a ton of damage to all. It’s not possible that when Rochefort and any other damage-to-all heroes charge in turn 4 (and taunt has ended) all my team is annihilated. This is and will be a balance issue because it means that even when my heroes will be level 100 with aethers alfa, omega and ypsilon or whatever they will receive however huge damage.

1 Like

But the problem is the flat damage, because even if the defense stat of my hero is 1000 or 2500, Rochefort will deal the same amount of damage, which is insane. The other strong heroes do more or less damage according to the defense stat, but not him, that’s why he should do less damage.

Yes it is, but more and more heroes are released that way and it wouldn’t make sense to nerf a hero when similar if not more powerful specials are on the way.

At least he doesn’t auto-proc easily or exploits field effects as Erlang Shen or Tremor does.

1 Like

Dont have him, dont particularly want him, but for suggesting a nerf on any hero you get this…

13 Likes

Since they nerfed Jove to utter crap, I’ve been finding some comfort in having at least Rochefort for dealing damage. He’s not nearly as good as pre-nerf Jove, but at least he’s one of the few heroes that really can hit.

3 Likes

It can still be countered quite easily, heck even Reuben can block part of that flat damage. Just goes to show not everything can be solved with taunt nowadays. In fact rochefort might be one of those indirect anti taunt heroes, like Barkley

1 Like

I thought this said Nerf Roquefort and thought noooooo, not the cheese!

So many heroes I don’t recognize now.

8 Likes

We’ll always have cheddar.

1 Like

For crying out loud. I reckon they should remove damage from the game. Only way to keep some of you happy

6 Likes

I would like my heroes to gift out massages and hand job’s on the battlefield.

There is enough war in the world already.

Cant we all just spread a little love?

4 Likes

They aren’t doing nerfs anymore.

Dry your eyes

I don’t have him and I’m not calling for him to be nerfed but I’ve been struggling against him

Any hints about how to cope with him would be appreciated

nerf requests were valid in the very early days of the game because of the lack of counters to a hero…

nowadays, pretty much everything has many counters from different rarities.

Rochefort has plenty of ways to deal with before and after her fires

1 Like

I’m genuinely surprised that there is a call to nerf this hero. Not only have I crushed him every time I’ve come across him, but I also have him 4/80’d and only use him 2x in a War attack. Haven’t seen what’s so great about him.

Can someone fill me in?

1 Like

There really is nothing great about him on defence.

On attack you can combine Rochefort with another sniper and really hurt the defending team by killing Rochefort’s target, but in a perfect world you wouldn’t need to synergize, especially with average speed.

His main asset on defence is the cover bonus, so you want to combine him with another musketeer. I have him and Constance on my regular defence and it’s just about enough for 2900 cups or something.

1 Like

At this rate, there will be so many heroes needing a nerf it’s insane and I seriously can’t understand their logic, probably because they don’t have any, what they are doing is going to significantly affect them and I hope it does, I really do - they’re all just signing their resignations each day they pull stupid crap, this game’s time is limited.

Nerf every hero players can’t defeat.
Nerf every hero players can’t receive.
UNTIL
Nerf is no longer needed when players receive the hero.

1 Like

There must be something about him on defense because people don’t complain about offense unless they believe a hero needs a buff.

It’s not like they can watch their defense perform in real time. There’s gotta be something Rochefort is doing on defense that’s killing whole lineups with ease as the OP is insinuating.

EDIT: If I pop Rockefort and then another sniper in the same turn, would the flat damage to all then pop as well?

Well yes, that’s the whole point. If you kill an enemy with Rochefort’s debuff, then the whole team will get the flat damage.

And that’s valid if I use him in one turn and follow with someone like Aramis in the same turn?

Maybe, I didn’t see the benefit because I used them in the inverse order.