Nemesis's special is OP and I can't figure out why

So, this is something that I’ve noticed for Nemesis, and I was wondering if others have noticed it too who have her.

Her special appears to be more powerful than the text damage % for each charge level. Let me explain. I have other heroes whose specials deal the same or even more damage % than Nemesis, with similar attack stats and against the same enemies, yet Nemesis consistently deals more damage and I can’t figure out why. And I’m not talking about 100-200 points. I’m seeing it where one of my heroes at 500%+ special damage deals 600 damage to an enemy and Nemesis will deal over a 1000 at Lvl 1 charge. There are no status effects that alter defense, and it’s gotten to the point where I will check the enemy’s stats before I fire off Nemesis after I’ve hit said enemy with another special just to make sure I’m seeing it right.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and is this a bug or feature of Nemesis? Does she have some hidden ability or passive, or special mechanic where her power alters on the special attack? Just wondering.

Will post updates to this with specific examples.

Suggest you post screen shot examples. Might help.

2 Likes

Here are a couple screenshots. Nemesis attack is 1316 while Sylvaria is 1282. Sylvaria does 525% damage with defense down while Nemesis at lvl 1 does 500%.

Both enemies defense are the exact same.

Nemesis’ attack stat is higher than Sylvaria (over 80 points at 4.80). Not sure if/how you have emblemed or LB them, but if the end result is 1312 vs 1282, then the significant difference in attack stat would be greater than the small 25% difference in skill damage.

Can you please check the stats for the 2?

The powercreep in the game is not only the new skills and all the passive and family bonuses, but newer heroes also have much better stats. Charon for example in the same family can have over 1k HP!

1 Like

I’m not following your logic. The two enemies defense stats were exactly the same.

1269 vs 950 in damage equals to a 33% increase in damage for Nemesis vs Sylvaria. And that’s at 500% damage power vs Sylvaria’s 525% damage power (factoring in defense). The 1312 attack stat vs 1282 is only a 3% increase in attack strength over Sylvaria, so the difference should not be a 33% increase in special damage.

1 Like

My apologies, I thought you meant the damage was 1312 v 1282. So you mean Sylvaria’s attack is 1282 and Nemesis is 1312?

The 525% damage. She does 350% with a defense down of 34%. How did you calculate 525%?

1 those not attack, they are both damage dealt to the target.
2 Silvaria deal 350% damage, not 525%
3 Silvaria reduces target defense by 34% before deal damage

1 Like

I calculated 525% as a rough mulitplier of 350% x (100/66) factoring in Sylvaria’s 34% defense down, since she lowers the target’s defense before inflicting the 350%. So she’s dealing roughly 525% of special skill percent damage factoring in that defense down.

And I need to apologize. Nemesis’s attack was 1197 while Sylvaria’s was 1179 when those specials were fired.

I definitely don’t know the mechanics well so others will have better insights but I do know that for defense down, it’s going to be tied to a target’s defense stats. So you can’t calculate the effect from just the attacker’s damage percentage with a multiplier, you have to incorporate the reduction to the target’s defense.

Also, did Nemesis hit after Sylvaria? In which case, the defense down also applied to Nemesis’s hit?

That’s not the way of calculating damage, as you have ignored the enemies defense.

The calculation can be found in earlier threads.

I have found it in critical charge calculation

I think I know where my confusion is. It’s in the defense down application. I just did Domitia’s special vs Nemesis, and they came out more or less proportional against the same enemy.

Domitia’s Attack was 975 and she deals 440% damage against the target.
Nemesis’s Attack was 1197 and she deals 500% damage against the target at Lvl 1.

When both used their special against an enemy with 680 defense, Domitia dealt 875 damage while Nemesis dealt 1230 damage. In other words, Domitia dealt 71.1% of the damage Nemesis did.

When using this equation of Domitia’s stats and skill damage vs Nemesis: 975/1197 x 440/550 it generates a value of 71.7%, which is eerily close to the damage ratio of Domitia vs Nemesis.

I think why I was so confused was Sylvaria wasn’t dealing near the damage Nemesis was despite Sylvaria inflicting defense down before firing off her special. I know that she only deals 350% vs Nemesis 500%, but I would’ve thought the defense down infliction would’ve more than made up the difference in skill power.

2 Likes

Earlier players has introduced this equation. Where θ is damage deal.

Anyway, same hero with same attack stat will cause same enemy with same defense losing different blood each time

Sure, I’ve used that equation, but let’s apply to my screenshots earlier, and you’ll see my confusion.

Nemesis attack was 1197. The enemy defense was about 640. If we use the calculation (1197/640)^1.35 x 500, it equals 1164 damage, which I’m sure there is a RNG to vary the damage up or down. Nemesis’s real damage was 1269.

Now let’s do Sylvaria. Her attack was 1179. If we use the calculation (1179/640)^1.35 x 350, it equals 798, well below the 950 damage. If you apply the defense down to the defense stat before the exponential multiplier in the equation, Sylvaria is supposed to deal 1399 (1179/422)^1.35 x 350. If you apply the defense down after the exponential multiplier, than it’s (1179/640)^1.35 x 100/66 x 350, which is 1209.

So, I could be wrong in my calculation for Sylvaria, but that’s where I’m mixed up on. How to apply the defense down stat.

1 Like

Glad you figured it out!

You are not wrong but still wanting a precise or accurate figure.

however, if you go to map, same hero couldn’t make same enemy with same defense losing same anount of blood.
2ndly, this formulae derived from a graph that there are deviations and the graph is taken woth the average point. From the graph, there’s not any fixed figure for the losing blood.
3rdly, you may also found sometimes the enemy at others side are dying with nowhere hit.

So, the conclusion is just play for fun.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.