Mental health is more than a word! (remembering sft1965)

Our collective Mental health resources are here, for anyone who needs them or is interested in learning more

10 Likes

Hawkmoon is not just someone I ‘like’… she is my bae.

:laughing:

Been a while since I looked anywhere close to that good… nowadays, picture that with a lot more beard and belly fat. :laughing:

3 Likes

You should see my posts about cracking 210 pounds and crying…

Edit: Sorry, US centric site; 93.x Kg

1 Like

Your initial post… you posted 5’11" as your height (in U.S. measurement)? That is about my height (I just call myself 6’ with shoes on to keep it simple).

When I was in high school? I was 135 lbs.
After high school? 150 lbs.
5 years after that? 165 lbs.
10 years after high school? 185 lbs.

Fast forward to now… 2??
Don’t know the exact number as I don’t own a scale. I’m fairly certain it is more than 225 lbs. but probably still less than 300 lbs. :laughing:

1 Like

That is the tragic truth of getting older,

Yep. And probably doesn’t help that I stopped going to the gym years ago and I eat anything that tastes good.

1 Like

Nothing beats a good Pizza imo. Those greasy New York things are abomination!

2 Likes

and even the fittest people aren’t always THAT fit. Lots of models/actors reveal that they let themselves go a bit, then work hard to get back into shape before a photo-shoot/video taping/whatever.

I’ve gone up and down myself. I’m in a down now due to lack of gym access and recently moving in with my boyfriend, and we’re both lazy and like our wine :wink: should probably trim down a bit too though, my belly fat has come back…

2 Likes

Pizza, burgers, tacos, burritos, steaks, sausage, deli meats, fried chicken, pasta, donuts, breads, potatoes, cheese… :musical_note: these are a few of my favorite things :musical_note: Essentially some of the worst things a human being can put into their body tend to be the things I enjoy the most. Luckily I’m not a complete glutton… I actually get full after eating a plateful of the aforementioned goodies, otherwise it would probably take a forklift to be able to lift me off the couch.

5 Likes

But as have girls have said to me: " I have my man, it doesn’t matter now". It does matter imo!
EDIT: that being said, an awesome smile destroys me!!

1 Like

yeah, exactly. it matters to me, because I like to take care of myself; and even though my man never brings it up, of course I want to keep in decent shape to keep his attention too :wink: but mostly am doing it for me.

2 Likes

I used to go to a gym 3-4 times a week. It was an awesome gym, open 24 hours a day, and it had everything. Free weights, machines, treadmills, bikes, multiple big screen TVs playing different channels, regular pool, lap pool, 2 hot tubs, showers, a sauna, a juice bar / café, personal trainers, masseuses, even a haircut / beauty salon… it was about a 15 minute drive away (without traffic), so I went there pretty regularly. I was in the best shape of my life.

But I was also in an unhappy relationship. So I left, and moved to a more affordable area that was closer to my work. Unfortunately it was much further away from my gym. Checked out the gyms in my area, and none of them had anything close to the amenities I was used to.

Soooo yeah. I let myself go. But then I met my girlfriend, and she didn’t seem to care that I wasn’t in great shape anymore. I feel bad that she never got to see me at my “best”, physically. But? She still thinks I’m sexy. And she loves to cook for me… and she’s an excellent cook… lifting weights is hard work. Eating tasty food is easy. You see my dilemma here. :laughing:

6 Likes

Let me add one more person to the list of those who are glad to see you back, and willing to lend a sympathetic ear if you need to vent.

I cannot pretend that my struggles are the same as yours, as mine are mostly with a chronic physical illness. I can offer to be there to listen and support you, so you don’t have to face them alone.

The forum is a better place with you here.

5 Likes

@sft1965 - I know we have never interacted before… but I just want to share my thoughts with you.

First of all, I truly cannot imagine what you must be going through on a regular basis. But stay strong and try to stay positive. Life has a funny way of connecting the dots together when you stay positive… and I mean it in a good way. (I have my own experiences with that)

And posting about yourself like that out on a public forum takes courage. I respect you.

Although I didn’t deal with bipolar disorder, I did deal with crippling levels of anxiety during my childhood, teenage - in fact, now that I think about it, I have been more ‘normal’ only for the past 4-5 years, I think.

My anxiety disorder has its roots at both nature and nurture levels - genetic issues and upbringing issues (was a victim of a lot of narcissistic abuse for most part of my formative years)

So, it took me quite sometime in wrapping my head around what’s actually happening and to systematically work on myself. (And it definitely didn’t help that I am an introvert, and I usually prefer working alone on my problems.)

So, if ever you want to talk at least about the anxiety with anyone, you can always talk to me. (Line: captainjakcsparrow). In fact, you can talk to me about anything. I don’t mind. :slight_smile:

I know from experience that it can be difficult to open up about anything when one is suffering from anxiety. That’s what made your post all the more impressive to me.

Stay safe! Stay strong! and most importantly, Stay positive!! :hugs:

P.S.: A regular exercise regimen can help you stay positive (in more ways than most realize). I can help you with charting out a plan for that just in case you need that anytime.

7 Likes

You should consider rewarding yourself with the food for the effort you put in with the weights. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note, there’s a term for that (‘Reward bundling’ or something to that order). It’s a proven way to systematically force oneself into developing good habits. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m happy to brighten up anyone’s day i can. :hugging:

4 Likes

I can see we are going to have to take this into the car park (Parking lot??). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ooh! how you gonna settle this? drag-race? epic meme-off? showering Hawkmoon with gifts and asking her to choose one of you after?

1 Like

Hawk and I already took it to the car park…

Oh you meant something else… :blush:

2 Likes

It’s going to be some getting back up tp speed, some things can be a bit brutal and it takes weeks. I’m sorry; unless @TGW does something offensive to my girl i have to collect my thoughts!