May 2022 Calendar is out, how does this impact your plans / gameplay?

Here’s the full schedule of Empires & Puzzles Events for May 2022!

• Tomorrow 9:00 AM → May 2, 2022 9:00 AM : Season IV
  • May 2, 2022 9:00 AM → May 4, 2022 9:00 AM : Atlantis Rises
  • May 4, 2022 9:00 AM → May 9, 2022 9:00 AM : Ninja Tower
  • May 9, 2022 9:00 AM → May 11, 2022 9:00 PM : Valhalla Forever
  • May 12, 2022 9:00 AM → May 16, 2022 9:00 AM : Challenge Event - Sanctuary of Gargoyles
  • May 16, 2022 9:00 AM → June 13, 2022 9:00 AM Summer Event - The Sand Empire
  • May 16, 2022 9:00 AM → May 19, 2022 9:00 AM : Costume Chamber
  • May 19, 2022 9:00 AM → May 23, 2022 9:00 AM : Season V
  • May 23, 2022 2:00 PM → May 28, 2022 2:00 PM : War of Three Kingdoms
  • May 26, 2022 9:00 AM → May 30, 2022 9:00 AM : Season IV
  • May 30, 2022 9:00 AM → June 1, 2022 9:00 AM : Soul Exchange
  • May 30, 2022 9:00 AM → June 1, 2022 9:00 AM : Atlantis Rises

How does it impact your plans / game play ?

• Summons
  • Event participation plans
  • Final ascension mats to be held back in anticipation for possible - certain heroes.
  • With 4 week calendar, is seems possible to squeeze in an EXTRA Atlantis Rising - 2 days, in a calendar year :smile:

I held back higher number of Season-5 summons due to the Gargoyles Event anticipation, which has some better crazy good heroes that can help manage 2022 gameplay competitively, without pulling anything from Season-5 (from what I know till now) & aim for Season-6 directly…
bcoz
3* & 4* heroes are done :smile:

8 Likes

Not only AR, calendar year has 13 full 4-week cycles and a liitle more (but not enough for a full event).

For me only thing that could affect my plans is Sand Empire starting in May. I planned to save EHTs for Morlovia, but maybe I’ll use some of them on Sand Empire in hope to get Kara.

4 Likes

True… agree.
but

• The BIG grievance of the community was, less farming time being available with shortened duration of Atlantis, hence, I chose to point that one out.
  • More benefits can be pointed out by others.

With a 13 x 28 day cycle, we will have an extra of most things… Seasons, Events, Tower, Rare-Qs, etc !

Personally, I am happy about Sand empire (May-June), where I can use the saved EHTs for Kara and if I get 2 copies of her = not use the other tokens, coins, Keys… in May & keep for later !

2 Likes

Think that’s the intention. To give greater player base an opportunity to get a taunt hero.

Which then raises the possibility of Kara being nerfed post release.

4 Likes

Well, how much or in what way can Kara be nerfed?!..

• Is she that OP in your opinion…?!

The game is giving more dispel / cleanse option with non-healer heroes which is already ensuring the many heroes don’t turn OP…

2 Likes

I count 46 pulls for me for this month.

2 Likes

Since Roc’s costume is the obly hero I’m missing from that event, and i have a yellow defense down in the form of Vivica-C, that event i will pass this year. Atlantis, Ninjas, Gargoyles, and W3K is what I’m nore interested in

3 Likes

That’s only 45,22% of Kara :wink:

5 Likes

This calendar really screws some things up for me. I’m holding 24 S4 pulls, but I don’t really want to do them in May. Kara looks great, but I already have Krampus, and I’m already pretty loaded in yellow, while I’m horribly deficient in purple. The June HotM only looks decent, but would still be an upgrade on my purple roster. So, looking at this calendar, S4 won’t occur until late in June, since it happens twice in May.

Further, I’m almost out of yellow projects. Just a bit to finish up on Sally, then Gan Ju’s costume, and both of those are pretty much just delaying the big decision of who to give darts to. I’ve pretty much decided on Norns over Hanitra and Ranvir, but if Kara had come to me via a lucky costume chamber pull, she’d have to get serious consideration. Problem is, I don’t think I have enough yellow projects to hold out until mid-May for the Masquerade. May have to feed off-color for a couple of weeks.

Soul Exchange would be another place where a can’t miss yellow shows up, but it’s at the very end of the month, and unless the roster of possible exchanges comes out early, I can’t see myself waiting all month before I ascend Norns. Heck, if I’m going to do that, I might as well wait until after my S4 pulls in June as well. Who knows? Maybe Lidenbrock would drop for me.

Will probably skip Sand Empire this year. Already have Hisan and Gafar, neither of whom are getting costumes. Jabbar is a hero I would use, at least on monk trials, I think, but not worth pulling for. Reviews on Rana and Yunan seem pretty underwhelming, even with costumes, and although the new, improved Roc looks good, the odds are long. I probably have a better chance of landing C. Viv. for def down in yellow from either costume chamber or HA10. Besides, I burned my EHTs in Springvale - with only Chick, Jr. and Squire Wabbit to show for it - so I wouldn’t have more than a handful of pulls, anyway.

That just leaves what to do about Gargoyles. The fours and fives in that event are crazy good, but the threes are very underwhelming, and if I got anything, that’s what I’d likely get. My current realistic target for an event hero is Candy - for a three-star yellow healer - but I’ve missed on her in two consecutive circus events, and that one won’t roll around again for a while, so maybe I should just throw my few challenge coins into the hopper and see if a miracle happens.

Gems are saved for Black Friday exclusively, unless a game-changer HotM comes along. BF is my best chance to land new projects, and gems are the only currency accepted.

Nice topic, @dansing . Had all this bouncing around in my head. Feels good to get it all out somewhere in a semi-coherent fashion. Might even get some advice I hadn’t considered now.

7 Likes

I don’t think Kara is that OP. I don’t think she should be nerfed.

She is in demand for sure. Enough will try to get her. And use her in defence.

As for the new dispel/cleanse heroes, how many are non 5*, with higher summon odds?

I just checked the guide by @VeryQuietly .

The number of dispelled for 4* is shockingly Low compared to 5*, most of whom are paywalled.

Hence my concern.

1 Like

If in need of yellow 3* healer better target Rekhetre from season 5. More chances to get her and she is a better healer than Candy.

4 Likes

I like it. I’ll be on vacation for 12 days in May with little reception. If I have time I’ll crank out the gargoyle event when I have wifi, but the Soul exchange won’t be during that time.

3 Likes

Sonia, Sabina/c.Sabina, Caedmon, Melendor. Everybody has them.
Not enough?
Recently were 2 HOTMs with dispel: Devana and Iris.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I haven’t looked at the S5 heroes in much detail yet - except Khonshu, who looks amazing! I plan to save my S5 pulls for a good HotM, or possibly until the end of the season so all the heroes are released, but considering how long it is until Starfall comes around again, it’s conceivable that I would have Rekhetre by then.

4 Likes

Thanks.

The holy 3* healer - Rekhetre of Season 5 is good + give boosted HoT
&
going forward, when I level up, will replace Candy in my play.

You have shared good points & is always good to get it out…which can benefit others & also can comeback with some thoughts for the self to.

Good luck with you hunting !

2 Likes

LoL :rofl: l just saw your reply… and I wrote the same…

1 Like

If this spread of heroes looks balanced to you, then we agree to disagree.

3 Likes

It’s amazing that the only red that I see on that dispel chart is the markings that were edited on. Not a single Fire hero is able to dispel (according to the diagram)…amazing.

3 Likes

Costume Guardian Kong! Not in that list yet.

Paywalled

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Never really cared about looking at the Challenge Event portal. Still very much terrible, as you put it “paywalled”, that there are no 3* or 4* “affordable” fire dispellers.

2 Likes