šŸ—æ [May 2021] Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event ā€“ Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

I had a lot of trouble with last level of Legendary this time. After failing 4 times, I just decided to continue using gems to finish off Guardian Owl on the 5th try.

Team was Costume RIgard - Vela - G. Kong - (varied) - Proteus. Used Leonidas on my last go, but has Sartana & Clarissa in there at times. Decided a sniper that cut mana was more needed, if Proteus died too often.

Summons gave me nothing of note, as usual.

Yup, 2nd time miss by a littleā€¦ Maybe 3rd time will be different. And I hope I can manage the level of frustration next time. If not, better not to try it ever again. Mentally, this was the worst experience in the game, ever. Tone of waisted resources and my time. Letā€™s see if I learned something from it next month.

6 Likes

I know how it feels, but you should look at it as a building experience for the future runs.
I went for legendary for the first time, ended up 200ish, those dragon attacks, bombs and super mana wasted hurt a bit, but I built some knowledge base for the challenge events to come. Well, I had two consolation prizes - I got Gazelle and second Owl out of coin pulls, and managed to squeeze in rare 1000 in the last moment.
So, keep hoarding those items, keep working on event heroes, and on skill to recognize those right boards, and the results will come.
BTW, congratz on the score! You have managed to place in top 700 out of millions of players. That means that you definitely know what you are doing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So sorry to hear that my friend, I know that feeling all too well as Iā€™ve missed the tier above by <100 places multiple times, and wasted god knows how many expensive items (tornadoes, dragon attacks, super mana pots etc). And so for this reason, I refuse to use anything more expensive than a bomb these days, and to just focus on the completion rewards and then farming rare stage 3. Much less frustration and resources wasted that way, plus I donā€™t have to feel like Iā€™m wasting my whole weekend trying to chase something unobtainable.

3 Likes

My prize was Khagan. :joy:

I know, thereā€™s a learning curve. Obviously the hardest part is to recognize the right boards, and that it could easily happen that you have to burn a flask (or more) to find 1 right board. Especially when youā€™re looking for those marginal improvements. I get the idea that this become easier, but still itā€™s hard to believe it will ever be - easy. So yeah. Whoever wants to try this should know it is a very frustrating process, which may take month before it yields any results. Iā€™m willing to try couple of times moreā€¦ If thereā€™s no visible improvement (by that I mean mostly my personal feelings while Iā€™m playing events this way - I donā€™t want to do anything if I canā€™t find joy in it - then results), Iā€™m joining @rho 's club. :metal:

3 Likes

First time ever top500 in epic :slight_smile:

Wasted materials for epic:
About 50 axes (all together 130)
70 bombs (all together 130)
50 Small mana pots (all together 100)
40 mana pots (all together 70)

Some dragon attacks, some windwhirls and some arrows for rare/legendary

Most expensive I guess are my flasks, used around 10 to 12 WE flasks, but in change for a telescope I take it every day!

@Slobix

Starting board is the most important tool tbh, after 15-20 seconds I know if the board is playable or not

So you really need to save WE flasks and just waste em lol

10 Likes

Final scores and rankings

Finished Legendary early this event, so had time and resources left for Rare and Epic. Didnā€™t quite reach the 4* mats, but best results yet. Think I have the right teams now, just need some emblem and troops, and of course more axes :joy:

5 Likes

There is a continue crazy thing. After about 3 days, I get another tabard from Mystic Vision

They are my unused 32nd and 33rd tabard since I donā€™t have any good dark 5*.

Moreover, I actually get crazy good score in Epic stage 13 at about 94k score even I use rainbow (I just want to finish). Sadly, I didnā€™t capture it because I finish epic 5 minute before the event end (because I donā€™t have enough time). It have 2 chest and finish in 2 minute with crazy good board. If I use mono, I think will get 100k+ score.

4 Likes

I understand you completely. :handshake:

I used a lot of axes and bombs because I trusted that I could reach the top 500, but yesterday I realized that improving the result would be a tough challenge.

Letā€™s forget the frustration and focus on the future challenges. :muscle:t4::wink:

9 Likes

Pretty obvious I put in next to 0 effort this event isnā€™t it? :joy: Well ok to be fair I did replay a few levels in legendary to make sure I wouldnā€™t slide out of 10k, but once I saw I made it above top 3k on Sunday night I just stopped caring and went back to farming rare stage 3.

Didnā€™t count total items used, but basically a bunch of arrows and axes (20-30), a bunch of minor mana pots (10-20), and some bombs (<10). Maybe a bear banner or two in legendary but I canā€™t remember. Either way pretty happy with my rankings for basically 0 effort and minimal items used.

4 Likes

Here is mine final placement in all 3 tiers:
zzzzz
zzzzz2
zzzzz3

I am happy with the results, generally speaking. I wanted that Kong avatar bad, but after comparing my scores with @Uclapack (thank You for sharing Your runs on yt! :slight_smile: ) I have realized I would have to improve each level, and that would take many many precious items, and I simply gave up and went for 1k in rare using minimum items.
EDIT: This was my first run for legendary ever. Not bad, I think.

9 Likes

Hahahaā€¦ I feel better now - Iā€™m slightly better than you! Small victories every day! :joy::man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks for sinking me more!!!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I did not loose my time on Rare and decided to focus my efforts on Epic. Actually, I just wanted the last scope to fully ascend my bunny. Not sure to do it again as I have plenty of other 4* mats and no new heroes to work on now.

SUMMONS : Tyrum/G.Bat/Hu Tao/Baneā€¦

9 Likes

As usual, one from bottom on all levels. Finished easily enough but I canā€™t seem to do these things fast and Iā€™m also pretty mean on item usage. I replayed a few levels this morning in hopes of a couple of chests for a last single pull, but only got one more, so there are 9 in the sock for next month. Total summons something like 45, no good stuff unless you count two bats (eaten, because I had a maxed one already and one is enough IMO). Not a thrilling event for me, but when you only want two particular event heroes youā€™re almost guaranteed to be out of luck. Anyway, if Iā€™d got a second Owl or a third Chameleon I would have been sad.

Next time I reckon youā€™ll have a better shot.

Itā€™s frustrating to miss so closely but your very near. Just a little tweak here and there and you had it.

2 Likes

My account has 47 WE when full, I played only Teltoc, the class quest and the minimum S2 and S3 stages for PoV. Using additional 8 We Flasks I found 20 chests. But only 4 or 5 times this lead to a new highscore, more often it slowed me down. Four times I had a chest on the boss level and I had to struggle to win the stage - no chance for new high score if this happened.
In the end I could do three summons, hoping for Gazelle but got Kailani, Darwa and Li Xiu and then bonus draw with Yang Mei !

P.S. finished epic in the top 5000 and got two EHTs . Two more shots at Sand Empire! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If Iā€™m running epic or legendary and I get a chest but no start board on later levels I flee.

Itā€™s abhorrent to my F2P friends but event teams when pushing arenā€™t set up for a long battle. So itā€™s just a waste of items to continue it.

Itā€™s painful but experience tells me Iā€™m just going to get annoyed by it

4 Likes

Holy ascension materials, Batman! Iā€™d buy Tabards from you if I could

1 Like

:smile: I really need almost any non S1 5*. It will be great if SG allow players to trade.

1 Like