May 2020 Finalised & Live Balance Changes Discussion

Good job by the beta players. They obviously provided quality testing and feedback in order for SG to see where changes were most needed.

34 Likes

This is a debacle , why on the middle of a RAID tournament been changed ???

6 Likes

Iā€™m expecting a raid flask as small gift :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I hope we are now close to end of this ā€˜crisisā€™.

Looking forward to doing some raiding later today.

Happy for Margaret, Kong, Atomos who out of sudden became solid heroes worth maxing. Gobbler and Mokarr also benefit a lot.

Unhappy for Guardian Owl who is still nonsense - I hoped they would keep the attack stat buff, but nope. A hero may have 500% aoe damage but if they are very slow and their attack stat is around 600 said hero will remain a joke. If thatā€™s the end of balancing for Owl, thatā€™s also the end of hope for his ownersā€¦

The rest are just cosmetic changes it seems. Too bad no classic 5s buff in the end. but fingers crossed this is not the last balance patch we see this year.

I really wonder how about the ongoing tournament defenses. Are they locked with the old stats or are they going to change? Thatā€™s going to be weird. Also:

the changes will be released already today, Today 1:00 PM , so everyone has time to adjust their teams before the next War begins.

Someone totally forgot about the emblems. :wink:

8 Likes

Iā€™m spewing as did my hits just a before seeing the aanouncement and lost one battle , under new stats may have won it. How many others disadvantaged @Petri

Will my tournament defense with Telluria tank also be affected? Usually tournament defenses are ā€œfrozenā€ at the start of the tournament. I could see this nerf being applied mid-tournament tho. Not sure :man_shrugging: @Petri

4 Likes

Iā€™m quite pleased with the outcome, wherein Telluria wouldnā€™t lose her place as a good tank despite the outrage and incessant cries by so many.

The only misfortune is that Vela had to be dragged into this as well (not my fault) but overall the changes do not discredit both heroā€™s status as good heroes, nor do they heavily hamper the synergy of the beloved GTV.

Eithet way, things look slightly hopeful, and hereā€™s hoping SG team listens to BETA more and rides on with their advice to ensure a more balanced approach to the upcoming hero releases.

Kudos to moderator @Guvnor for the up-to-date changes and statement discussion releases.

Hereā€™s hoping I donā€™t have to start writing essays again :sweat_smile:

29 Likes

Sheā€™s still the only minion hero I have, so
I guess thatā€™s okay. (No, Rudolph, you donā€™t count.)

3 Likes

Happy with all the adjustments EXCEPT that to Vela. With the Telluria Nerf, I think Vela shouldā€™ve gotten just an attack debuff Nerf OR a damage Nerf but not both. Oh well, life goes on.

7 Likes

Iā€™m glad they just did it. We donā€™t need another 3000+ rant thread on the changes to just have it again after.

So get it all outā€¦and then carry on.

Iā€™ve had my behind served to me twice by Telluria in a no healing tournament and I used Grazul to stop the down mana both timeā€™sā€¦

So these versions are still strong!

8 Likes

Telluria is not a healer anymore. So disappointed
And C. Magni will definitely get a scopes first.

10 Likes

You seem confused. Telluria still heals and thus is still a healer. So saying Telluria is still a healer but heals a little less is actually technically correct.

And we all know that technically correct is the best kind of correctā€¦

24 Likes

Arrgghh but I fed my Mok-Orr to Muggy, a little late on that change. Great change with G Kong and QoH and thanks for not super-nerfing Telly/Vela. I believe player feedback and the Beta program work, nicely done, cheers!

3 Likes

You would definitely not have won it, and it definitely would not have made any significant change and your weekend loot

1 Like

Iā€™ll try attacking with her for a while. If sheā€™s crummy, guess that means F2P.

2 Likes

We will neverknow, that two turn less would have allowed me to fire my special 2 turn earlier (one for mana slow reduction and one for turn reduction) and I believe would have made a difference , plus the sturdier minions means less HP loss, so yes would have made a difference .

And 1 loss could be the difference between for some playing the whole week or not using that 75 gem reset loss token

Might as well quote myselfā€¦

4 Likes

Looks ok with me. The way she sat was just way too big of a burden to deal with. I still doubt anyone is going to move emblems or switch color tanks again anytime soon but green tanks are going to be a little bit more manageable now. Maybe Iā€™ll start spending again. maybeā€¦

2 Likes

I am not happy with Telluria Changes it is far to little the healing even went up and the change in mana decrease is a joke. We keep seeing Telluria tank in at least 80% of the top teams.

3 Likes

One incompetent move after another, great time to rolled out while in the middle of a tournament. Thank you SG for the advance notification, as usual, the bar was set really low but you still manage to slither through.

8 Likes