May 2020 Finalised & Live Balance Changes Discussion

It’s hard to judge on paper alone, but the final changes to Tell and Vela seem reasonable to me. I don’t have or use most of the other heroes affected, but the changes there seem mostly positive, though I would’ve liked to see Khagan’s buff survive.

The criticism that SG could’ve made a better decision and/or listen more to beta testers before the initial release is a valid one, I think. But it’s unreasonable to expect things like this will never, ever happen - we are all human and so are the people that make up SG. What matters more, in my opinion, is how things like this are handled, and I think they’ve done a good job on correcting it - the next days will make more clear the real world impact of the final changes. I was a little bit worried about an overreaction which I think wouldn’t have been good either, but that hasn’t happened at all (again, in my opinion). And full disclosure, I have neither Tell nor Vela (but still would love to have both, as they are now).

The gift of 200 emblems is seriously more than I expected, thanks for that SG.

What I am less impressed with to say the least, is the extreme, toxic, and largely unreasoned negativity that is coming from some players on the forum, this seems to be getting worse and worse over time. Or maybe I’ve just been reading the wrong threads lately. To call either of these heroes “garbage”, “useless” etc. etc. after the change is simply absurd. Like I said, I have neither and would still absolutely love to have both of them if I had the chance. Same with calling the emblem gift things like “a joke”, which is equivalent to the amount of emblems you might expect for a top 1% finish in a raid tournament, about TEN times over.

But going so far as to call it “fraud” (the possibility of balance changes is laid out in the terms and conditions, has happened in the past and no doubt will again in the future, it should not be a surprise to anyone that this happens on occasion), and then making casual reference that murder might not be entirely inappropriate in response, is absolutely, utterly, insanely beyond the pale. Over a relatively minor change to a hero, which by any objective observation was warranted. I don’t think we’ll reach a new low from here.

I think and hope that it’s only a small minority that’s stooped to this level of negativity, but unfortunately their voices seem to be disproportionately loud sometimes. I’ve enjoyed this game a for quite a while now, and I plan to enjoy it for a good while longer, but for my own sanity I think I need to step away from the forum some, or at least selectively leave some threads entirely alone.

15 Likes

Atomos is pretty OP now tbh.

hits like an Ursena, but harder if you have more mana, and is immortal!!!

Also, there is no red debuffers to direct counter Atomos.

Now, you owe me a beer.

4 Likes

I very much sympathize and empathize with each player who wasted their money on ascending mats and resources on useless heroes. Now for six months you will collect new telescopes, while free players triumph due to the destruction of your heroes.
Do not spend money on new telescopes and tonics.
They will see that their outdated and obviously losing strategies cannot defeat your other strong heroes, and will demand that they be nerfed too.

4 Likes

I don’t see why they couldn’t have provided a bigger heal over a longer time…akin to C. Melendor or C Rigard. As a tank she would be dead in 4 turns and this still would have allowed her to be a useable character as something other than a tank.

I just did a test of autofarming on S2 normal with a 4300 team and she couldn’t keep everyone alive… What metric are SG looking for to see that this character is now broken?

1 Like

I want my money back!

7 Likes

all the complaints were not served, apparently here we are in dictatorship and not democracy. In this game you really struggle to grow and when you finally find a decent hero you nerfing him.

10 Likes

Owl change is a net buff. Owl gains damage in all cases but all 4 allies dead, where the change is insignificant (560% down from 564%).

3 Likes

INDEED
TOTALLY AGREED
IS TO MUCH DAMAGE for us
constructive is up other character not kill 1 character

3 Likes

I think we’ll start seeing a 4 way of the Atlantis family on defence now…

Poseidon, Ursena, Ariel and Atomos now make for a nasty set of heroes.

3 Likes

Yeah, but this was handled better than I expected. Let’s see how much of a difference if makes.

Yea, they have really good family bonus too.

Should I write an essay now?

3 Likes

Please don’t :stuck_out_tongue: I think you’ve done enough for the next couple months :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone tried out margrette in raids haven’t had time to check her out

We are all small alliance of F2P and C2P. a few of us got extremely lucky and pulled either Telluria, Vela or both.
We save tokens and gems. It’s a struggle for us compete against larger temas. Although half of us have been playing for 2 years, we don’t have 5* heros that can compete against most teams out there.
For the first time we had heros that helped us to be more competitive, and now they are nerfed. For us it’s a big blow. The gift does nothing to us, as we spent all of our resources in 2 heros that we believed were going to help our alliance and our progress.
Think about that when you complaint about unfair advantages, we don’t have other sturdy tanks to use in our defenses. For us f2p and c2p in small alliances, this is very damaging .

14 Likes

This is a game not a Country! You own no part of it. They can turn the server off at any time and shut this down. That is their right as the owner of it. It’s an important distinction that you haven’t been buying shares in them with gems.

So what have you ever actually voted for in this game? Did I miss the part where we voted for the new Company CEO?

I mean be reasonable with the complaining at least.

5 Likes

hope everybody is happy lol. for the first time i see in a game bad players won. just kidding no need to get serious. anyway i hoped at least few 4* mats as compensation but they threw out few emblems which i believe wasn’t fair. hero reset idea was good too but it is what it is in the end. oh and that was a bad timing while many ppl use Telluria tanks in the tournament. this nerf will effect tournament results harshly.

well congrats on users who wanted nerf. hope you guys start to complain about finley as well :slight_smile: he is definitely way more op than Vela.

5 Likes

Not that I disagree with your post , but of course your happy with the gift , you don’t have any of those heroes .

1 Like

Hahaha what?!? This game is not a government?! You are playing a game that someone else created, they can do what they please with the game since it’s their game. This is such an overexaggeration just to make a flawed point. If you dislike the changes this much, you are more than welcome to stop playing and find a new game. Bye! See ya again tomorrow :wink:

IT :clap:t3: IS :clap:t3: NORMAL :clap:t3: FOR :clap:t3: GAMES :clap:t3: TO :clap:t3: REBALANCE :clap:t3:THEIR :clap:t3: METAGAME :clap:t3:

6 Likes

I feel like it’s too early to judge the nerf, let’s wait a few days and see what happens.

3 Likes

I bet you have better roster like me. With better talents.
I didnt strugle with Telluria team. I strugled same with kunchen team. So i didnt mind to fight with telluria.
GM-Telluria-Vela is a different story.

You just mentioned the poor starting board. With that kind of board even againts a full 4* team you can strugle. So with good boards you couls defeat the originaly telluria as well. So no diference.

My defense team was defeted like 60-70% of times in the recent week when i was offline. Now it will be worse. I dont have fancy sniper and flanks like others so this nerf hit me harder like the top players.
So the original intention was not realy fulfilled as GM-Telluria-Vela trio will probably stay and playes like me probaly will strugle with this trio.
But Telluria alone is a different story. And now this part was screwed up.

1 Like