[Master] In Game Translation Errors for Foreign Languages - Please add your suggestions

“Healing” and “regeneration” are synonyms.
I’m from poland and it wasn’t make problem for me.
Healing - restore hp
Regeneration - restore hp

Odczytalam healing jako zdrowie… Tym bardziej, że nie zauważyłam, żebym miała po ataku bossa mniejszą regenerację many, zdrowia nie zdążyłam sprawdzić

@Radar1 , look at Sargasso. There is -80% increase for any healing… and here “healing” is
a synonim of “regeneration”… but in Sand Empire (e.g. Yunan) there is “-50% healing”… so, it’s not “any healing”, it’s “zdrowie”

Yeah polish translation of sand heroes as well as Triton’s should be corrected, it causes confusion and many people claim that “każdej regeneracji” (every regeneration) also means mana regeneration. Chenge it to “każdej regeneracji zdrowia\życia” albo “każdego leczenia”. Healing and regeneration (without specifying what of) are not synonyms.

Assuming Gill-Ra is female, I’d like to report her description translated to Portuguese has an error.

It should be Caçadora instead of Caçador

1 Like

At least her translation in portuguese is mostly fine. In spanish tho:

“Cazador frívolo” is just wrong. Gill Ra is not male and she definitely isn’t frivolous. Correct translation would be “Cazadora de los bajíos” or “Cazadora de las bajas profundidades”, or even “Cazadora de aguas poco profundas”. SG got the wrong word when they translated shallow.

1 Like

@SirGorash

If you scroll up a bit, you’ll see the mess of a translation that is Falcon in Portuguese. It makes no sense.

1 Like

I just saw :smile: Guardian Creation makes him sound super OP, lol.

I found another one. Poor Tibs.

Apenado could be translated as embarrassed in spanish, so Tibs is the Embarrassed Duke. He needs pink cheeks to go with his title, lol.

Correct translation would be “Duque Lúgubre”.

1 Like

I think you’re seeing a regional difference in translation here, because I don’t believe it universally means embarrassed. But it’s still the wrong word, because I don’t think that means “mournful” anywhere in the Spanish-speaking world.

Yes, some of the Translation to Portuguese sounds terrible to me but I can see them working for other Portuguese speaking countries, so it’s not an error, like Gill-Ra’s gender or that abomination that is “Creation Guardian”

It doesn’t @Garanwyn but a good thing about spanish in my country is that it’s very neutral. Spanish here is almost the same as spanish from Spain.

In most sentences apenado means either embarrassed or sad. “Me siento apenado” means “I feel sad/embarrassed”. As the title of a hero, Duque apenado could be translated as “Sorry Duke”, “Sad Duke” or “Embarrassed Duke” :joy:

I think there are only 2 correct translations that could be made for Tibs’ title: “Duque lúgubre” or “Duque en pena”. I like the first translation more than the second cuz lúgubre sounds more badass in spanish.

@FabulaSumus For some reason game creators tend to mess up when they translate the gender of game characters, don’t they? It’s pretty common in spanish and portuguese translations :thinking:

2 Likes

Lugubrious would work fine in English too :slight_smile:

1 Like

And in Portuguese! I just checked Tibs description today, it felt strange but it’s not totally wrong.

Lúgubre would work fine in Portuguese as well.

2 Likes

I like that word. Tibs’ purple green clothes and that white strand of hair doesn’t make him look very lugubrious tho :smile:

1 Like

Guys, I’m supposedly liking everything you posted here but I’m out of :heart: at the moment

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve never ran out of likes tbh. How do you do it? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Liking is fundamental for me.

If I don’t have more likes, I usually leave the Forum ‘til I can get more likes.

It’s how I connect to a person who posted something I liked/agreed/understood the vibe/laughed/learned from, etc.

5 Likes

Wow, I missed this post yesterday!

Spanish Gill-Ra is completely wrong!

Ok, now we need 2 Gill-Ra fixes: Portuguese and Spanish.

There’s nothing frivolous about Gill-Ra :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Screenshot_2019-07-06-20-39-25
In 2nd screen it is said in polish that enemy gets -100% of every regeneration which is obvious bug, just compare too 1st screen. Same bug is in descripton of skills in summer event heroes like Gafar, Rana, Jabbar and Yunan.