šŸ“ā€ā˜  [Mar 2020] Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event ā€“ Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

How? Tornado doesnā€™t replace board with another one. If board lacks your color Tornados wonā€™t help. They can only charge your heroes.

Off color diamonds or heavier combos caused by nadoes also will replace half of the board immediately and your heroes are almost charged after 2 nadoes.

Best Iā€™ve ever done in Legendary. I would have liked to get top 5K in Epic, but Red and Yellow are my weakest colors.

Notes:
I am f2p. I have been fairly lucky though. My Legendary team as Kiril+16, Friday+9, Grimm+18, Isarnia, Vela.
I did not use any world energy flasks.
At most I replayed stages two more times (other than farming Rare stage 3).
I used a lot of battle items, but definitely not as many as I could have. For Legendary I mostly relied on Tornados. I actually learned the specials barely damaged enemies compared to tiles. Those mana pots were essentially wasted.

2 Likes

This is only true for specials that cause direct damage, like that caused by Lianna, Thorne and alike.
Specials that change enemyā€™s defense and your heroesā€™ attack are extremely important.

The mana pots are for two things:

1. Charging up wilbur/falcon/wukong/frida etc, for their abilities.

2. Charging up snipers for mob waves so you donā€™t waste a good board on mobs and save it for the boss, or you donā€™t waste a bunch of time tiling when the mob only has a tiny bit of hp left and you donā€™t want to waste an entire dragon or bomb.

2 Likes

Hi @zephyr1,

congratulations!

This time i managed to be in top 1000 in rare (882) . In epic and legendary i placed 8208 and 9752.

For me it was not easy at allā€¦ i used several flasks (8 - 10) for rerunsā€¦ and lots and lots of items so it was quite expensiveā€¦ since i ran out of mana in the end iā€™m not sure if i can rebuild it fast enough for next event to compete againā€¦

for rare i used costumed gunnar and 4 reds (2x namahage, 1 x wabbit, 1 x rudolph / or 1 x costumed hawkmoon)

so still struggeling with item usage and now have addtitional item ressource problemsā€¦ but at least i managed once to be in top 1000ā€¦

is it possible to describe more how you manage to have such high stocks of items and how you use them in the events? i have to get better with this and iā€™m not sure how i can do itā€¦

Thanks in advance,

Hermann

1 Like

My first time completing Epic + Legendary this time for PoC.

Rare
Score: 674,311 / Ranking: 14,377th
Epic
Score: 784,716 / Ranking: 45,219th
Legendary
Score: 1,054,815 / Ranking: 1,717th

Very very happy with my Legendary one and I didnā€™t try hard at all to get very high, I only tried (and knew I could) beat my initial runs. I think the most I used were health and mana pots for them.

But I think for my first ever Legendary finish for PoC, 1717th ranking is fantastic.

Congrats, thatā€™s a big step up from last time! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think there are three things I do that help that:

1. Iā€™ve gotten better over time at deciding when and what Items to use on each run during Challenge Events. You just get more of a feel for it with practice, to decide whether itā€™s worth using your Items in a given run, and if so, which ones to use. I also ordered my Battle Items this time to reduce my Axe usage when firing quickly, as I knew that was something Iā€™d be more likely to be short on replenishing, due to Hardwood Lumber restraints.

2. I plan all of my Battle Item usage for the rest of the month around Challenge Events. I donā€™t use any Mana on Titans ever, and I stick to light and easy-to-replenish items: Arrows, Turtle and Bear Banners, Antidotes, Minor Health Potions, and Harpoons. Restricting my daily usage to those Items makes a big difference.

3. I farm AR like crazy, which helps restock Crafting Materials. The Flasks from Challenge Events go toward that, as do any Flasks I get from loot or offers. I basically farm as much as possible in the time allotted, usually a least a couple dozen Flasks worth, often more. I donā€™t farm for Crafting Materials in particular in terms of which Stages I pick, itā€™s just the sheer volume of farming that means I end up with a lot of them.

I also work on Crafting throughout the month, building supplies for Challenge Events.

That helps me ensure Iā€™m investing sufficient Food and Iron into them along the way, and donā€™t bump into a resource wall when trying to prep for Events.

I aim to have far more than Iā€™ll need by the time each Challenge Event rolls around ā€” which is why my stock after the Events is pretty substantial.

My goal is actually to get to a point where I have the same or more Items after each Event ā€” which I did decently on for most Items this time vs. last.

And Iā€™ve already started working on replenishing ā€” I even crafted some during the Challenge Event itself.

4 Likes

I definitely wonā€™t have resources to craft this kind of number of items, I am always in need of my Food and Iron for other things such as leveling my heroes. I still have way too many 3* and 4* to finish, and donā€™t even get me started on the 12x5* I need to start on :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m at a point where Iā€™m not working on leveling Heroes a ton.

I have 20 maxed 5*, 63 maxed 4*, and 60 maxed 3* ā€” so itā€™s just not super urgent to add more Heroes to my Roster, unless they can meaningfully contribute in a specific way.

Summoning on Season 3 will give me some new projects, but Iā€™m not even collecting from my TCs right now, Iā€™m just banking feeders, and plowing some Food into TC20 every day to use for power leveling later.

Iā€™m just slowly feeding Sonyaā€™s Costume and Melendor number 4ā€™s Costume with feeders from farming right now.

I think itā€™s definitely easier to compete in Challenge Events as a late-game stage player ā€” I donā€™t have as many other things to work on, and my WE amount means Flasks get me a good amount of mileage for AR farming.

4 Likes

Definitely. I just had 1.3 million food and 1.6 iron but spent a lot right now on Emblems on a few heroes (Mist + BT), so that is also eating my resources, but I will get there. I understand yourself and others have had to go through all of this too, so itā€™s a very very very very long marathon, not a sprint - just a frustrating one.

But I think 1,717th rank for Legendary was good considering :smiley: I am super happy with it

2 Likes

Thatā€™s excellent, congrats!

1 Like

Thanks and it was my first ever time completing Epic + Legendary so that makes it even better. In october I struggled with Rare, so I have progressed a lot since then

1 Like

Thatā€™s huge, and exciting progress. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @zephyr1, thank you very muchā€¦ maybe i can adapt to thatā€¦ Kind regards, Hermann

1 Like

I did 24 pulls and i got Finley.Any good for him?

Good?!?! Everybody wants Finley! Congrats on your pull šŸ–’šŸ–’

1 Like

Thatā€™s great stuff. :+1:

Iā€™ve been playing 3 years and have still never completed a Legendary Event. In fairness I struggle but complete Epic.

Either my heroes are crap or I am (most likely the latter) :wink:

Edit: Actually 2 and a half years with a 4 month breakā€¦so nearer 2 really :upside_down_face:

Now that I think about it I feel lucky!I wiss you got it too!

I may have been lucky with some summons, I pretty much use Miki + Proteus + Wilbur + Rigard for everything I can.I always try for Proteus and Miki, but definitely always Miki. He is a Godsend