Malosi – 5* Holy/ Yellow - April 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

Did I ever say it wasn’t? But I never said that the artwork is good. I said that I think the artwork is good. Notice the difference there? I don’t state it as fact, but as my opinion.

Malosi blocks any heal overtime but not bulk healers, however does he block resurrection on Alberich?

6 Likes

I take it timing was a factor? I only have my experience with Grazul to go on with heroes in the very fast department. If you don’t time releasing her special right especially against slow and sometimes average heroes she’ll be a waste of your 5th slot.
Malosi would most likely result in the same, especially God forbid you attack with autoplay. He requires some special attention but I wouldn’t doubt he would reward you if you gave it to him.

3 Likes

Absolutely, timing is a factor…found myself needing to hold a charged special a couple times, which is ridiculous, and a few times, he died before being able to fire it. And even if timed it perfect, hero (Vela for example) still hit the team hard with her damage, just no dot…but thats what cleansers are for.

2 Likes

Shouldnt block rez

But should block mana gen and heal over time

As far as i know

4 Likes

Didn’t think of that aspect. Being only able to hinder one, GM fires doing damage and nothing else but next turn Vela sends a tsunami at your team. If we were able to hinder 3 and aim at Telly in the center, then the excess damage from Vela and GM wouldn’t have to be dealt with. Makes me remember Chao and having to decide which one of the 3 charged opponents is most vital for me to reduce.
Thinking of it that way he’s lost a lot of glitter in my eye.

2 Likes

Was discussing that with another experienced player…he really needs to be hit 3 not 1.

2 Likes

why they gave a toy, hotm toy for rigard and melandor :smile:

Premature question… yes, most definitely, without a doubt, doesn’t prevent resurrection. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m actually enjoying him a lot. While I wish the cast hits nearby foes, he’s been good at shortening chain reactions, like a flank about to cast as I deal with a troublesome tank and lack of tiles to adequately take it down. (Aegir/mitz/vel/Tell/etc).

However, where I have had unwelcomed outcomes is using the special on a monk class hero. Only to have it rejected by its chance to resist negative status effects. Overall, I think he’s a great edition and would most certainly add a second one to my roster when I get a second set of darts.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20200403_133115

8 Likes

so how painful is it to have a tattoo put on your tongue?

1 Like

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Tattoo made from paper. :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t got him yet but please correct me if I am wrong for those that may have tested him but what I see in him is that he would be great to resist both Ursena and Kunchen’s specials as strong colour which would make him great against these tanks but overall against any tank really.
Telly may need to watch out here.
And that fact that he is very fast would make him quite a strong opponent overall IMO.
I know I wouldn’t mind him.

1 Like

Only colourwise…

Still prevents Telluria from hurting your mana generation or giving her team health over time.
Still stops BK from taunting.
Stops Ursena getting the holy reflect.
Stops Boss from flipping mana gen, riposting, etc.
Makes Aegir into a 100% passenger.

Seems to cripple pretty much every tank worth using…
But then, is he good for much else? Hmmm…

8 Likes

Summoned Malosi in an attempt to entice either Tarlak or Alasie into my team. They resisted but Very Fast Malosi has no impulse control and he jumped at the chance.

He is already my Holy project. I wanted him and am happy to have him and do expect to use him on offensive raids but will need to pay attention to feedback before feeding him darts (@Ender_BattleSchool already brought up some drawbacks).

1 Like

Stops them all from doing that…a 2nd time, since 87.4% of the time tanks are still still firing before Malosi…excepting BW

5 Likes

Sorry for everybody who thinks Malosi is great.

My opinion is that he is useless. Why do I say that?

While in beta he had the ability to kick ■■■ against 3 enemies with many effects.
And you have to be clear that normally, shortly after a fight started, the tank will be killed, so the “old” malosi would hit only 2 enemies from there on.

He got nerfed down to 1 target.

I will do some math:
Which kind of heroes is he REALLY good against? Only on those whose effects are really annoying.
Vela, gravemaker, Telluria, maybe drake fong, maybe jeanfrancoise, maybe clarissa in the future.
This is a very small amount of possible Targets malossi really would be helpful.

Malosi is a fast but complete weak hitter. His damage is a joke compared to other heroes. (Thanks for the math above).

His special only works on certain enemies, lasts only 3 rounds. Only affects one hero. Normally when i have enough yellow stones, I would shakal and joon and simply kill the target.

Malosi is a useless combination of Mist (and she does block status from up to 3 enemies AND little damage AND manaslow) and a little of grazul, cause its freaking difficult to time his special perfectly.

For all those who say “kunchen is crushed” … well… take two shakals and manatroops, kunchen would also be crushed after 6 tiles and two shots…

So compared to vela telluria and jean, malosi only has 2 abilities, both of them weak.
Id rather take Hänsel, or even Peters, they completely disable the special.
A little slower hel and proteus will fully stop 3 complete ANY enemy heroes to fire any special…

Sorry. But with only 1 targer malosi is just a joke :confused:

13 Likes

Whatever you say… I don’t care…

Was just about to do a 10 pull because Tarlak and Alasie are much needed for my Titan hunts. Figured I would use the 100 coins I had first and what do you know.

1 Like