Malosi – 5* Holy/ Yellow - April 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

Just remember a lot of players nowadays care little if anything about raids/cups and are more focused on wars, titans, events which give far better loot. For these having a good stable of well rounded heroes is more important than having one super-powerful team aimed purely at fighting meta tanks. 3/70 legendaries are not ‘a waste’, when you come across a team with, lets say, green tanks, you will be thankful for every 3/70 red in your stable.

1 Like

Strongly disagree. A 370 hero will be dead in no time once you fight war teams that are all above 4500TP. Even their normal attack will kill them.
A maxed 4* can be emblemed making it a much stronger hero and when the time comes be reset and still have use in events & RT. It will keep serving you at a much lower XP / mat cost. If you don’t intend to max a hero, taking it to 370 is a massive waste.

370 heroes have use, but only for a very limited time whilst growing and will quickly become ornaments as one grow. A good 4* bench is the optimal way to grow whilst saving mats & resources

3 Likes

The costume bonus helps a ton. You might see a few more in due timeIf Telluria wasn’t green, it’s a good possibility you’d see a lot more of Liana with the skin.

Guys I got Malosi and he is my only 5 holy hero
I love him alot but I read somewhere he does not worth now I do have enough ascend material, does he worth to use them, why a month hero should not worth
I am so unlucky :pensive:

He’s well worth it, just remember he’s not going to be great on defense. But he can dominate in raids and wars if used wisely. Check youtube vidoes on how to best use him. Definately worth your time for a 5*. Enjoy!!

He is absolutely worth it, look at the best tanks in the game, all of them have additional specials affecting your status and Malosi could block them all!

If malosi is the only 5*holy you have hes def worth it.

Malosi is worth ascending. He is best used on offense but can hold his own on defense until you get a better 5* for that role. Even when that happens, Malosi is still very good on offense.

Congratulations!

Definitely worth it. He replaces Joon on a lot of my yellow teams. Yeah, not the best defender, but defense is boring. Attack is where the game’s fun (and frustration) is at.

2 Likes

Who ever stated that hasnt played with Malosi. He alone has changed my raid winning % up at least 10% and the only 2 times I dont use him is against a yellow tank and also Ursana

1 Like

Not sure what you are reading, but take all hero reviews with large grains of salt.

He’s an exceptional offensive hero who can charge in 6 tiles (with a level 11 mana troop), and can counter most specials pretty effectively. It does mean you still take damage from the specials, but he is a fairly good option against Telluria, making her only a minion generator. I bring him with every yellow stack and is usually one of my off color heroes (sometimes trade positions with Proteus).

He’s not someone I would put on defense, but he can be effective there depending on luck.

3 Likes

Did you emblemed him?
What path you suggest? Attack-def or def-hp?

Malosi is the reason why my 3920 team can crush 4600+ teams in this week’s rush tourney. He’s not the best on defense but is an absolute powerhouse on offense. That status/buff block is gold when going against Telly+19 tanks and turning them into nothing more than a giant meat shield.

And don’t forget his innate ability resists defense down, which really helps with survivablity as well. In a way he is the perfect counter to Kunchen. (both resist def down, Malosi v. fast vs Kunchen’s slow)

1 Like

I only emblemed him a bit as I already used barbarian emblems elsewhere, but I went def-hp as it’s the special that is important and not the damage. You want him to be survivable to launch multiple times.

4 Likes

A lot of analysis is viewing this hero’s utility through the single prism of raids/wars. But for things like tournaments, events, and the map, hitting only one enemy isn’t as big of a drawback. Having a very fast charging hero who can prevent status effects being fired by bosses is a big deal, because he charges fast enough that, if timed properly, he can shut down multiple bosses who normally cast punishing status effects.

And just for fun, he’s a blast on magic night special stages for Atlantis. Give him a level 11 mana troop, and he charges with a ridiculous 3 tiles.

2 Likes

So it turns out Malosi does block everything, even self-inflicted negative effects like those from the easter heroes:

As you can see, in this case Malosi’s special actually benefitted me since it prevented Lepus from casting defense down on himself. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah, I made that mistake on the attack when I attacked Killhare with Malosi. I was hoping to kill her, but didn’t and her special went off… no def down on the defense. Not that it matters, after Killhare goes off, I’m pretty much dead.

1 Like

Fininding new ways to counter heroes.
Just happened some mins ago in diamond.

Attacking Zooc with my Malosi…charging him by dumping tiles. Zooc hits back charging Malosi…but no mindless attack. Killing Zooc with Malosis fist…so funny. :rofl:

Glad I got him. Only have 3 yellow heroes available for possible OSK in wars. Of course Malosi is one of them.

4 Likes

Would you give darts to him or is mist+ an adequate drop off?

Don’t really use holy much for wars and neither would be on my main holy attack team.

Malosi is one of the most useful offense heroes out there. He rendered many of the top defenders useless or weak.

Which 5 holy do you have on your yellow attack team?

1 Like