Malosi – 5* Holy/ Yellow - April 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

If you have a lv 11 mana troop, I would honestly prioritize Malosi above everybody else. He singlehandedly (pun intended) shuts down some of the most dangerous tanks as long you can find two yellow matches. He’s significantly changed my raiding game, and I would max another one if I had one.

Mist if you take her to +18 will have Malosi’s base stats, she’s also extremely useful but in a very different way. She’s “only” fast though so you’ll need 3 matches to get her charged, also because she’s a utility hero she works best in a yellow stack. Why not level both, Malosi can neutralize the tank, while Mist can reduce mana generation to almost nil for one side of the board of the center trio.

I typically do 3-2 stacks.
Either Possy Drake c Joon +2
Or Possy c Joon Delilah/Viv

That’s a thought, I tried Jackal+19 a few times earlier but found him just too fragile.
Unless the meta changes to dark tanks, doubt I’ll use more than one holy team in wars.

I’ve wasted 30 darts on neith, Inari, Rana, Onatel and Sif so just left Malosi at 3/70.

He might be ok but if I don’t use him in wars, then I’d rather hold onto my mats.

Yes he is worth it. I pair Malosi (+12) together with Mist (+18) to increase his damage. Mist is great but no drop off. Malosis special blocks ailments. Mists special doesn’t. Blocking ailments is a vital ability in diamond…and he’s very fast.

2 Likes

Def path he’s no sniper

I wanted to give everyone a little advice on something I noticed, though it’s not going to relate to everyone.

I was going up against a Malosi defense with Sheep (Lady Woolerton) as one of my two healers. As you see from a few posts above, Malosi stops you from casting negative effects on yourself.

This also applies to Sheep as, when she fires, she does NOT stop her own mana for two turns if Malosi has hit her. In other words, she becomes a Fast speed MEGA healer who is actually helped tremendously by Malosi.

Not going to come up every single fight against a defense with Malosi, or anything, but this makes Sheep a great healer to bring to the battle!

3 Likes

Do I level up my 2nd Malosi or do Rana?

I don’t have Rana, but Malosi is so damn useful that i would level a 2nd if i had.

I was leaning that way too but as don’t have that many 5* thought options may help

I have my 2nd at 3-70. I was going to ascend him when I got 6 darts but the arrival of Joons costume slammed the brakes on.

Kinda happy too as in my team I run 4 snipers + Viv now and I’m not sure another Malosi would be that amazing to me.

I’ve got a few yellows for consideration next time so he might miss out on the darts again

I have both. Rana doesn’t see as much use mainly due to mana speed. However, she is good at neutralizing teams with multiple healers and first aid war as well. I personally go for variety, so I would go with her.

I have Malosi and Thor and Joon. Now it looks like just about everyone would choose Malosi over Joon. Would you choose Malosi over Thor?

I have Joon at 3/70 with the mats to ascend him. I would hold onto these mats if Thor or Malosi is the better choice. :woman_shrugging:

The team I run in war is: Poseidon+6, Drake+10, Jackal+6, LiXiu+11 and Viv 4/1.
Who would you replace with him? I’m thinking Jackal as he’s so squishy. What do you think?

1 Like

Hi amrath, I would ascend Malosi and replace Li Xiu.

2 Likes

Malosi is the most useful out of the bunch and with many emblems he can pack a punch too (pun intended), especially with jackal on the team. So as @FraVit93 said, ascend Malosi and replace Li Xiu with him. Leave Jackal on the team as he is very useful (emblem him for def/hp to make him a bit more durable)

5 Likes

Definitively Malosi is a very good one.
As Malosi and Jackal load at the same time, i would keep both.

2 Likes

I’m not sure your math takes into account the Malosi is very fast so will hit more often

Not really that much more often… I mean maybe 1 more time in the course of a fight…?

For whatever it’s worth I do see value in Malosi but I still stand by my original statements… As a sniper, he’s meh. As a silencer, he would be a lot lot better at Fast Mana and affecting 3 enemies.

I still haven’t levelled my Malosi yet; still sitting at 1-1 in my roster.

I have 1000+ barbarian emblems looking for a home. Since I dont hav Azlar’s costume and Ob is off with one from the game. The crazy one looks like a good option given I have 2Joons, drake ,Onatel and others. Unless you think Bai or Neith are better war options

I’m puzzeled. That’s a big oversight for an experienced player… with only 6 tiles, Malosi makes fun of the likes of Krampus, BK, c.Kadilen, or Alfrike (hopefully the bug gets fixed soon). Also prevents unwanted side effects from so many like Finley, Frigg or Vela. I’m considering ascending a second for wars.

4 Likes

I agree with @Ian487, what do you find as a better option to deal with those status-only heroes, or taunt heroes? Malosi is a permanent fixture on my raid teams. It’s a bit different now with the raid formations as I may take Proteus instead, but I can’t imagine not having Malosi and being as successful for raiding as I am now. If I had multiples, I wouldn’t hesitate leveling them all up, even if only to 3/70.

3 Likes

No oversite, as I said I have my reasons, the biggest being that he just doesn’t fit my play style and my teams and my opponents.

In your examples of Krampus, BK or C-Kadilen, I will stack a strong colour against them… Wouldn’t take yellow against any of those tanks…

In the case of Alfrike, there is an argument but realistically at my level, the only time I see Alfrike consistently is when she’s very fast tournaments/ wars when I have other better options.
In war time, the vast overwhelming majority (like talking 26/30) tank we face is Bera / Freya… Against whom, Malosi isn’t very handy as he doesn’t block minions (would rather Uraeus than Malosi)…

All comes back to play-style and heroes available and also who you actually see in raids.

3 Likes