Malosi – 5* Holy/ Yellow - April 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

I have Malosi and Thor and Joon. Now it looks like just about everyone would choose Malosi over Joon. Would you choose Malosi over Thor?

I have Joon at 3/70 with the mats to ascend him. I would hold onto these mats if Thor or Malosi is the better choice. :woman_shrugging:

The team I run in war is: Poseidon+6, Drake+10, Jackal+6, LiXiu+11 and Viv 4/1.
Who would you replace with him? I’m thinking Jackal as he’s so squishy. What do you think?

1 Like

Hi amrath, I would ascend Malosi and replace Li Xiu.

2 Likes

Malosi is the most useful out of the bunch and with many emblems he can pack a punch too (pun intended), especially with jackal on the team. So as @FraVit93 said, ascend Malosi and replace Li Xiu with him. Leave Jackal on the team as he is very useful (emblem him for def/hp to make him a bit more durable)

5 Likes

Definitively Malosi is a very good one.
As Malosi and Jackal load at the same time, i would keep both.

2 Likes

I’m not sure your math takes into account the Malosi is very fast so will hit more often

Not really that much more often… I mean maybe 1 more time in the course of a fight…?

For whatever it’s worth I do see value in Malosi but I still stand by my original statements… As a sniper, he’s meh. As a silencer, he would be a lot lot better at Fast Mana and affecting 3 enemies.

I still haven’t levelled my Malosi yet; still sitting at 1-1 in my roster.

I have 1000+ barbarian emblems looking for a home. Since I dont hav Azlar’s costume and Ob is off with one from the game. The crazy one looks like a good option given I have 2Joons, drake ,Onatel and others. Unless you think Bai or Neith are better war options

I’m puzzeled. That’s a big oversight for an experienced player… with only 6 tiles, Malosi makes fun of the likes of Krampus, BK, c.Kadilen, or Alfrike (hopefully the bug gets fixed soon). Also prevents unwanted side effects from so many like Finley, Frigg or Vela. I’m considering ascending a second for wars.

4 Likes

I agree with @Ian487, what do you find as a better option to deal with those status-only heroes, or taunt heroes? Malosi is a permanent fixture on my raid teams. It’s a bit different now with the raid formations as I may take Proteus instead, but I can’t imagine not having Malosi and being as successful for raiding as I am now. If I had multiples, I wouldn’t hesitate leveling them all up, even if only to 3/70.

3 Likes

No oversite, as I said I have my reasons, the biggest being that he just doesn’t fit my play style and my teams and my opponents.

In your examples of Krampus, BK or C-Kadilen, I will stack a strong colour against them… Wouldn’t take yellow against any of those tanks…

In the case of Alfrike, there is an argument but realistically at my level, the only time I see Alfrike consistently is when she’s very fast tournaments/ wars when I have other better options.
In war time, the vast overwhelming majority (like talking 26/30) tank we face is Bera / Freya… Against whom, Malosi isn’t very handy as he doesn’t block minions (would rather Uraeus than Malosi)…

All comes back to play-style and heroes available and also who you actually see in raids.

3 Likes

I pulled a second Malosi in ToL a couple of days ago and am seriously considering levelling him, probably to 3.70 for use in lower levels of ninja tower etc. If I had tonnes of darts he would go all the way. Paired with Jackal one on each flank in a 3-2 he hits fairly decently and very often. Agree he’s not ideal for Bera/Freya use, but he renders BK and DOT heroes helpless.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I am sitting on 10 darts. I could do a 2nd Malosi, 2nd cJoon, Neith, Delilah, Leo or Bai Yeong.

Difficult. Delilah has been sitting at 3/70 forever, and should probably get some love, but Yeong’s blind is tempting, and I love my Malosi and cJoon…

I would do Bai Yeaong he is very helpful on purple titans.

Any news regarding the Alfrike bug?

It’s in beta

Thanks, good to know!

Malosi is an awesome hero, and one of my favourites. I wrote a light-hearted review which you can find here. Thanks.

3 Likes

True, he is a true MVP in the meta. I equally love Mist. Her buff block and mana slow is crazy too

3 Likes

Malosi is a great hero, true. So unfortunate he’s a barbarian… what a waste of a talent…

3 Likes

Yes he sure is, he was my first 5* hero and I still use him a lot!

Cookie Settings