šŸ•µ Lughaidh ā€“ S4 Hero ā€“ 5* Nature / Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Heā€™s definitely a unique hero! Hereā€™s why:

3 Likes

Hey there, I have couple of question,

1. I guess his buff do not stack with Prof because they have the same symbol, is it correct?
  2. Does Liz get one turn extra buff? Because the buff happen only when caster in the ghost form.

Thank you in advance!

I canā€™t believe a new hero has been released thatā€™s pretty much useless for all intents and purposes !!! Nothing worse than feeling ecstatic having pulled a brand new hero, then reading his special & realising heā€™s poorer than poor !!! They shud be sooo much better than this. Especially with the strength of upcoming heroes. (Yes, ninjas, Iā€™m talking about you!) We need decent heroes to combat this, not heroes that have failed before even being released. Itā€™s salmon Loki again !!! Well, not quite S.L.!!! But close !! Ludghaigh had so much potential with that special of done right but in this iteration heā€™ll be another bench warmer. Itā€™s sad & I donā€™t understand why theyā€™d make him undesirable!! Surely a more desirable form of this hero wud generate more cash. Whilst heā€™s the featured hero people would spend more cash chasing him instead itā€™ll be more like ā€˜Iā€™ll let this 1 goā€™. Puzzling to me ???

1 Like

You can see how planning to fail is a bad strategy though, right?

I can tell you for sure nobody plans to fail a raid unless theyā€™re cup dropping. The rng board is the only thing that fails you at times

But the method in which you suggest bringing this guy is one in where you think youā€™ll need his protection because you will fail. And I donā€™t believe anybody goes in with that mindset. Every single person would put a more valuable hero that helps them win, than one that might save them from the brink of losing.

This idea of support for your support, it just doesnā€™t fly. A woman doesnā€™t want to wear two bras. I just canā€™t fathom a scenario where you planned on him needing to whip you out of deathā€™s hands. Iā€™d rather lose trying to win than lose trying to not lose, if you catch my drift.

1 Like

Well, to me a hero who provides + 63% defense for everyone and also disappears and cannot harm him, he does not seem like a bad hero to me. It is true that mana is a handicap but even so I do not believe that it is bad at all. I find it even better than Telluria.

7 Likes

I never implied that at all. And itā€™s not that I think I would fail, itā€™s ā€˜in caseā€™ I may fail. Because all boards are unpredictable. All Iā€™m saying is if the board goes south, ghost guy here can at least help out until the other teammates recover. Basically do anything to pull through from a sticky situation.
If heā€™s your only support hero, then great, he can support the team by himself. Very unreliable, but he may still work as the teamā€™s only support.
But he couldnā€™t, simply because he has no recovery of his own, and is honestly a few speed tiers below very slow. Thatā€™s what I meant when I said he was the support of a support. Pretty much a last resort if all else fails, as heā€™s only meant to be fired once.
If youā€™re going into a bad situation and need to buy some turns, ghost guy here can help to absorb as much damage dished out by the enemies

I would say he has quite some unique utility that maybe overlooked on offense. He may work as a decoy against a team full of snipers, if youā€™re lucky, ghost guy here may be targeted by snipers, absorbing any damage or minimising splash damage. And if you think Iā€™m just pulling theories out of nowhere, I trained a jack o hare in my bunnies team just for that role as an expandable semi taunter. Saved my butt tons of times against stupid AI snipers and splashers aiming at him and wasting their skill. I consider jack to be the most crucial hero in my team composition. And I imagine ghost guy to do that semi taunt job even better than jack.

Yeah, regarding the braā€¦
You have 2 bras, one is a regular bra, the other is a push up. Obviously you will use the push up most the time. But if the push up had a wardrobe malfunction, you have the regular bra to fall back. Thatā€™s my silly analogy if it makes sense

Yeah, well, Xnolphod gave him a total of 40% mana in this fight before all those Skadi, Frigg, Odin fired, without that there wouldnā€™t be anyone left in that team and Lughaidh would sit at 50% mana without getting to use his special once.

1 Like

Heā€™ll be a pain in vfast wars/tournaments though. Always healing/hiding

SG just has to eventually change the way these ghost heroes work in order for them to get any kind of play. Removing the ghost tiles aspect would do it and make it so the tiles that go through a ghosted hero does not receive double the mana but just the regular mana as if they did hit a hero. Simple easy fix that would imo make these heroes useable.

I noticed that the lughaidhā€™s def buff and heal have icons can those buffs on his allies be blocked by sabinaā€™s or chakyā€™s buff shield/blocker?

yessssā€¦ sabina, mistā€¦ chakozrtrrtrt haha

1 Like

When you read the heroe card it does not explain that his effects on allies are undispellable, but during the battle it does

3 Likes

yes!!! I was looking at him trying to figure out what he reminded me of! :laughing:

see, his art work is amazingā€¦. But Iā€™m not sure if they picked the name because of its association with the celtic god of the sun, Lugh, because if they didā€¦. Wellā€¦. Heā€™s a Sun god , not the god of the underworld who is Aodh. And he canā€™t be the Sea because thatā€™s ManannĆ”n mac Lir. But then again, this is SG and when have they ever stayed loyal to mythology. :laughing:
Anyway, musings over.

Ps Lughaigh is pronounced Lu-ee (Lewie) for all of those out there trying to figure out how to pronounce the name. Many a famous high King of Ireland by this name. :wink:

4 Likes

Wonder if this is a start of ripping of LotR artwork/characters. Drawn like the ghost king from return of the king

Looks like the guy i wanna take down firstšŸ˜…

1 Like

I like your sentiment but ultimately your approach is not much different from the one youā€™re criticizing.

Both approaches are based on the fear of failure, thatā€™s why itā€™s very important to pick the last hero.

Your solution is more aggressive, and your approach is to shorten battles in a bloodbath, the other one is more passive and relies on survivability. But they both are based on the same concept nonetheless.

IMO, neither one is right or wrong, it all depends on roster and playstyle.

2 Likes

Wanted to confirm yes, buff blockers work to stop his buffs to teammates ( c Sabina, mist, onyx) and the buff does not appear if he is still in ghost form and the block is cleared. It would be nice if he cleansed his teammates first

2 Likes