Live raids and revenge

I think it would be great to be able to have live battles. You know how when You go to revenge a raid and it says You can’t because the person is online? Well it would be awesome to be able to fight that person and not just the computer.

1 Like

That would really require an entirely different approach to the game. People liven on different continents, and even though it doesn’t really seem like it, communication between them is not instantaneous nor free.

1 Like

I didn’t think of that. I do wish it were possible to have live raid matches with people that were online at the same time.
Also, it would be great to be able to share/trade resources and ascension materials with alliance members.
What ideas would You like to see in game?

Me? I don’t matter. It would be a horrible flop of a game. You don’t make a game to suit one player… especially an old eccentric that still enjoys playing rogue.exe from time to time.

If they allowed trading, players would simply create 1000s of accounts capable of farming AM every time a quest showed up. They might as well hand them out for free by request.

1 Like

How exactly do you envision “live raids” working?

As for sharing or trading of resources/ascension materials, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, If or when this ever becomes a thing the game will end not long afterwards.

Just one gamer’s opinion

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

When people were online at the same time we could battle. Like War fighting an actual person instead of the computer.

Why do You think that trading ascension items among alliance members would cause chaos?

Chaos isn’t the right term. It would cause stagnation. Everyone would have access to what ever they wanted. Players would create much more than demand would have. Where today we have a deficit of materials, you would substitute an excess. The game wouldn’t be fun if everything was provided in excess. The fun part of the game is dealing with deficit.

loved that game since i was a kid, i still play every now and then too

I do get what yah saying . It would be interesting i give it that … Live battle lot of mechanics got to be involved though . (between the two) say they say no haha

As for trading between players dont ever see that happening :green_heart:

1 Like

War works exactly the same as raids. You’re fighting against the A.I not an actual person regardless of whether or not they are online at the time. What I’m intrested in is how this you see this live PvP battle playing out. What would be the mechanics? What would it look like? How exactly would it work?

As for ascension items, I didn’t say or allude that it would cause chaos. I said it would be the end of the game. The final nail in the coffin. The last roll of the dice for a dying game which no longer generates significant income. Trading items would impact the finances of the game too severly. Why pay for any item if I can get it for free from someone else? Why grind for it if someone else has an abundance of them already? Why not just use multiple accounts and trade between those? It would be nice for the players but not so much for the investors and bean counters. Bottom line, the game would not make money from such a move and if the game isn’t making money then the game dies.

Just one gamer’s opinion

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Im thinking well it bit like … You both have yah team that you picked … Both get a starting board , If your revenging you go dont get the first move.

You revenge a say rainbow team 80% of the time so then kinda make it favour to the attacker as can stack. So how that work on there side is unbiased …

Unless it a mini war between players. put yah best defence . Then have 3 rounds to take down old skool styleee …

Sure someone will cross the t’s and the lower case j haha :joy:

1 Like

Id call it possibly a necessary evil. Definitely not fun…

The problem is co-ordinating the moves. Currently battles take place locally on your device and only the results are sent to the server. Live pvp battles would require a wholly new method with constant server communication between moves, to both devices. That would greatly increase bandwidth and also chances of connection failure. It would also double the battle time as both opponents will be figuring out moves in human time.

This is something that I would like to see in the game but I am not sure if the reprogramming required makes it viable.

1 Like

How about a VR port and all the characters are playable.

3-person teams can square off against each other for battles :sunglasses:

Or go old-school and port to the Nintendo Wii. Wiipires and Puzzles. Wii wiip when wii play.

So weird calling the Wii old-school.

1 Like

I had wanted an FPS mode for the stronghold where you could man an antiaircraft gun and shoot down the goblin balloon.

EnP larping might be a thing.