Let's talk about Boss Wolf

Okay folks!
Since our E&P team announced that our boss wolf got little bit of his power back:

• Boss Wolf: Increased duration of all status effects from 3 to 4 turns and increased enemy mana reduction from -24% to -34%.

So what are your thoughts on him now?
Is he less bad now??

1 Like

Still a total badass.

1 Like

Still a badass? Which means he has already been good before the update…?

1 Like

He might be viable now. Still not impressed though.

3 Likes

It’s a decent start I still think going from very slow to slow recharge would be the last piece he needs to be viable. I still think any hero with a very slow recharge should bring some serious pain, because you will be lucky to even get there special off once… And although this is a step in the right direction it still needs a tweak if they insist on a very slow recharge. Still glad to see our concerns didn’t fall on deaf ears.

Agreed. Defensively, very slow Mana is an easy target if you bring 3 yellow heros to attack. You can even take a few moves to set yourself up a big yellow attack without fear that he’ll fill.

1 Like

I believe even a level 4 mana troop takes Very Slow to Slow status.

1 Like

Not quite, but close. :slight_smile: A very slow hero normally charges with 13.5 (=14) tiles. With a lvl 1 mana troop, he charges with 13 tiles. And with a lvl 23 mana troop, he charges with 12 tiles (which is equal to a slow hero).

Reference: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/310499702355263489/475090561204748288/StarsCheatSheet.png

1 Like

I checked your reference, but I could not understand the part with the mana troops at all. Could you explain it? Thank you.

Sure thing.

So the upper box explains how many tiles it takes for each mana speed to fully charge, e.g.:
very fast: it takes 6.5 (= 7) tiles to charge a very fast mana character
fast: it takes 8 tiles to charge a fast mana character
and so on… understood? :slight_smile:

Now the second box explains how leveled mana troops are affecting the number of tiles needed for each mana speed to be charged up.
So with a lvl 1 mana troop, a very slow character is now fully charged with 13 tiles only (it normally takes 14 tiles to charge a very slow character).
A lvl 23 mana troop charges a very slow character with 12 tiles (instead of 13 or even 14).
A lvl 17 mana troop charges a slow character with 11 tiles (instead of 12).
A lvl 23 mana troop charges an average character with 9 tiles (instead of 10).
A lvl 29 mana troop charges a fast character with 7 tiles (instead of 8).
A lvl 11 mana troops charges a very fast character with 6 tiles (instead of 7).

So yes, unless you have a very slow or very fast hero, mana troops only make sense once they are at least at level 17!

I hope I explained it well enough? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Many thanks, got it now.