Is Horus' Health reduction usless?

I’ve been playing with horus on offence and defence for several weeks. He effective as a vf damage dealer.

But i would like to discuss the health reduction, with all my Horus play time I haven’t found any need for the health reduction. The game never plays long enough that its has any effect on the life of the target enemie. It really seems like a uselss secondary skill, not to mention when playing bosses the tiny grey bar (health reduction) is barely visible even after several horus attacks, I dont thinking using 2 Horus’would change that either.

I would propose that the health reduction increases so i can see it reach the max reduction atleast once while playing with this hero.

1 Like

Horus is a silent killer in defense. You’d think that health reduction doesn’t mean much until you sorta died and go wtf just happened.

I don’t have him but I could understand why you find the health reduction not as effective, reason being you primed your lineup to kill off 1-3 heroes on the very first charge. From there it’s just janitorial work to close off the battle so the health reduction is less visible.

1 Like

It helps prevent healing a team back to 100% unless they have an overhealer. But most defenses don’t rely on healing so you won’t see it. Not necessarily useless, just doesn’t help in most offensive situations.

1 Like

I find this skill to be the one that is the most underwhelming in the game. It takes three hits for this special to really make a difference and any other hero hitting three times would wipe you out. Just seems like most other specials would be more valuable.

1 Like

When facing Horus on defense, I find his health reduction special to be effective. I don’t have him, so I have no opinion on his value for offense.

Too many times have I had heroes take just enough damage to die, while having reduced health.

thats suprising ive never an seen enemie get enough heal reduction that it actually impacts there longevity in the battle

I use him and heroes like Waqas in war attack when the enemy has strong healers and I do not have a team left to finish them. With the max health reduction I can at least weaken the entire team and get a few points for my alliance. The next alliance member can then finish the enemy. It’s subtle but can be effective in this way…

2 Likes

Ye, the heath reduction has been useless in all the time i have been using him.

1 Like

Yeah, but this is looking at Horus going 1 v 1. Try pairing him with jackal and thor. In 6 tiles you can take out any hero. If you have another holy fast or average (with mana troop) then a 3rd match (8 or 9 tiles) charges them and they are ready to fire. Then a 4th match charges the trio again.

I think, as with all heroes, looking at them alone may be underwhelming. The fun part is looking for nice combos that can amplify the good qualities of heroes.

To add: i agree that the health rexuction is not impactful on offense. But i dont think that is Horus’ selling point.

2 Likes

He’s a really nice hit 3 at VF option, and sometimes more w/ attack down with his passive.

The health redux is mostly useless as others have said.

1 Like

I think max health reduction sounds awesome but is one of the most useless skills. Usually the heroes that have this skill suck unless they have another key skill like “mindless attack”. Copying from what I said in horus’ thread:

When you go against him on defense, the max health reduction does look scary on the HP bar. But the chances it actually affects the outcome of the battle is so slim…say the battle is going badly, your heroes are at 200-400 hp. Max health reduction isn’t why you’re going to lose. It’s likely only stopping you from healing your heroes past 1000 hp…and otherwise has zero impact

1 Like