Is dwarven gemstones worth the money?

hi Rook
I understand Apple and Google would want their share but I think they have their share also on US prices.
US price = €19 (allowing for EU VAT equivalent)
EU price = €32.99 - that is 70% more
In any case, I doubt the comments here would lead to a revision in EU prices after just 1 month of being raised :slight_smile:

EDIT: Maybe this will shed a little light:

1 Like

I bought this package.
And my question is
can I get the hero of the month by using the 10× element summoning when it’s not the element of this hero (because it is only a exta)?
Or not?

You will have a chance to get HOTM with elemental, epic, or event summons. Can’t speak to the percentage chance though.

If you go for it I wish you the best of luck!

2 Likes

Bought the dwarven gemstones & one of my pulls was Boril! Very appropriate haha

5 Likes

US$ to EUR exchange should actually make the EUR price lower in numeric value US$20=€UR16…add VAT to that and you go to €UR19/20…I don’t see how this can go up to €32.99 (which is equivalent to US$40)…the internet is not free, neither in Europe nor in USA…at least I think it is not free in USA :slight_smile:

Having said that, I understand that private enterprise would use pricing strategies to maximise income…so if Europeans are willing to pay more for the same product then that is what they will be asked to pay…pity it puts European players at a disadvantage to US players in terms of return on investment, cause with the same amount of money I could have had 50*1.7=68 epic/elemental/event summons rather than just 50 with a higher chance of getting my first HOTM.

As I wrote earlier, I doubt this thread would result in any revision of prices though but it does maybe explain the higher percentage of US players!!

@DryBeagel2317
Yes, it still gives you the same chance so you can choose between elemental or epic, depending on what heroes you need more.

I would say yes it is worth the money…but I’m frustrated with what I got for what I spent the gems on. I bought the Yellow ascension pack because I need 1 dart ( which I have been waiting since December for) to fully level Joon. So 5x 600 gems and backpacks all 5 times. I know I shouldn’t have spent my 3000 gems there but I figured I would at least roll 1 ascension item. Luck doesn’t roll my way often but I buy the special packs like Dwarvin, as at least I’m guaranteed an ascension item. Just don’t waste it on ascension packs.

Just keep in mind that gems are overpriced and discounts are here to make you feel that you saved money. The package is worth 3 lunches where I live or discounted AAA title on Steam. I bought the package because I can afford it, not because it’s cheap or a good deal…

Yeah, but you can only buy it 5 times. If 1000 gems is all you need then go for it, but if you want a 10x summon at reduced cost you need these mega deals (they usually do another just before events IIRC)

I have some gems saved up. I plan to buy this upcoming event and next month event (total 2000 for $10) and make a pull at guardian event, whenever that is. I hope next month is guardian.

Pirates have been the circulating rumour since early January, so you might have to save your gems for a little bit longer, alas!

Pirates is this week, so Guardians is probably next month so you’re good.

These offers give better value than the normal gem shop, but then again the prizing is way higher than what it’s worth. But hey, I’m just not the gambling type I guess.

Unfortunately you have to be absurdly lucky to do well on the ascension packs.

They’re an example of allowing spenders to spend with a very small chance of something useful but ultimately you have to sink in a phenomenal amount to get what you want over time and even then not guaranteed… I suspect the likihood of getting a 4* item in on the order of 2-3% at best unfortunately.

Unless you’re spending very heavy they should be avoided, and even then I’d suggest they still aren’t worth investing in compared to something like troop rolls. They look useful, but really they aren’t.

3 Likes

YOU’RE WELCOME @Hawkeye! My pleasure! :blush:

Congratulations @Ravindau! Its always exciting to pull a HOM, so to pull 2 is awesome! :blush:

This was totally worth it to me. The gems are a good deal, but also the ascension items (Rings and Fine Gloves). All the other crap is just a bonus for me…But there are others that don’t need any of it, other than the gems, so it really depends on your needs/wants…

I bought the package cause it was such a good deal and really wanted zeline. Didn’t get her, but did pull lianna and horghall with my 10 pull so I am more then satisfied

6 Likes

I had 10x3* Reds with my 10-pull…so you can be satisfied :wink: