In a raid when the defense is all dead, and my last hero dies from counterattack damage from Riposte, why is that a loss for me?

When you kill the last hero and they have counterattack why do you take the loss h

That’s the rules.

It’s not a bug, just how the mechanics work I’m afraid.

But it applies to all of us equally, so if you use a riposter, maybe it will be in your favour one day…

3 Likes

I agree with Ace1, I think there should be a “draw” option, when all 10 heroes go down, where nobody gets any points and you can retry or not…

Because in a raid (in the generic sense), as an attacker your goal is not to kill people, but to take their stuff. You have to kill people because they will defend their stuff but that’s not the goal of raiding historically. It was to take food furs gold etc.

If your attacking team is wiped out, there’s no one left to bring the food furs gold etc back to your base. Thus your raid has failed even though you killed all the defenders.

3 Likes

Think of it like this, when you raid you entering enemy territory in order to gain food iron and trophies
You happen to come upon 5 enemy hero’s, you challenge them to a duel, during the duel everyone dies
You have no one to go thru the pockets and carry their loot away, but the enemy will have another set of hero’s come across the dead on a def patrol. Thereby collect all the valuables

The winner in war is not who is right, but who is left.

2 Likes

I think, if no one is left, it;s a draw. No points lost by attacker. No points lost by defender. No material lost by defender (or gained by attacker), because, as Dragonst666 says, there’s nobody to take it home. BUT still a draw. No cups should be lost or gained on either side in a genuine draw with all 10 heroes gone. Just my opinion, of course.

but if you as a human being, go and set an assault on an enemy castle… and fail… your kingdom loses the fight. Regardless if the enemy defender has died, they did not officially lose ground because their defense was successful.

It is what is known as a Pyrrhic victory for the defending team, but the defense wins, nonetheless.

Perhaps I’m biased because I use up my raid flags on revenge and I’m not “out for the stuff,” so if I successfully “revenge” at the cost of my own troops why is that not a pyrrhic victory for me?

The victory (at a meta level) comes from ‘capturing the stronghold’ which, if the person does not make it to the top to raise a different flag, does not happen.

That’s just the thought process.

If there were to be a ‘draw’ mechanic, then there would have to be a slight re-engineering and development. Truthfully, I want them to work on the new items they’ve suggested are coming instead.

I mean, we don’t even have accurate statistical displays which, in my opinion, would be higher priority.

I see your point, and this is not urgent, but your pyrrhic victory point, nevertheless, stands from both perspectives; is your perspective the raid, or revenge. If an initiated raid, then you lose in a draw. If a revenge, then you win in a draw… For exactly the reason you made, a pyrrhic victory being “a victory at too high a cost” or words to that effect. Having a draw option would simplify things; it’s a draw either way. Just my thoughts, but I agree more statistical information would be nice, too. Again, nice talking with you PeachyKeen.

Sorry, this is when you commit so many resources to win a battle that you lose the war.

This would be like putting all your best heroes in one team to beat an opponent in alliance war, but then losing all your other matches because you have weakened your other five teams.

because always attacker must survive at the end of battle.
Attacker has advantage from defender because you are builing the ideal team.

I stand corrected on the clarification of pyrrhic victory, but I think my overall point still stands. If I’m revenging a raid, the only thing that matters is that I get all of them, even if that revenge costs me all of mine, I’ve still succeeded in my goal, which was revenge. Easier just to say “when both sides tank and all 10 heroes go down, it’s a draw.” Draws are possible in wars, after all (although they must be very rare). In such a raid draw, I propose that both sides neither lose nor gain a thing, which is exactly how it would be in a real drawn raid; neither side gains a thing or loses a thing.

I’m easy either way :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.