I'm terrible at raiding

I always reroll to get more than at least 20k ham. My lack of ham annoys me almost every day. I don’t care much for cups, victories and losses.

I am in similar situation, i also dont have big choise of heroes yet. Dont put your best heroes in defensive team. You will drop cups, but there will be easier opponents and revenges while you upgrade others

2 Likes

That’s crazy. I’m the opposite and usually reroll multiple times to dump food.

That’s how things are constantly changing in your game. There is a period where you have too much food (not enough troops to level, or items to craft battle items to use it up). Later you’ll be desperate for food.

Same with iron- too much - then not enough - then too much again. It really depends where you’re at in the game.

Right now I’m leveling heroes and troops (not doing level 20 training), so I’m constantly looking for food. I base my raids on opponents with lots of food.

I prefer adjusting my attack team almost before every attack. In order to do that you need depth. I stopped developing my alpha team and started developing depth. Depth is as important for raids as it is for wars.

If I look at your current team… I firstly see a slow team. You need some fast attackers to take the initiative. All your heros does not have to be fast but if you have none you are at a disadvantage.

Second observation is Kiril as tank. I never had a problem eliminating Kiril. Good defenders combined with fast attackers make an excellent combination but you have better options. I gave preference to develoo Boldtusk as a healer in my offensive attack team. He is slow but his added attack makes him strong as tank on the offense. You might have to develop over time both Meleandor and Rigard to combine with Boldtusk. The first to fight against counter attackers like Boril and the second to fight flame throwers like Colen.

So my advice in a nurshell try to speed up your attack. Develop defense flexibility in your attack team to combine with your attackers.

Another approach is to strategically deploy mana controllers in your attack team. That is where Onathel is superb but she is slow and need again fast attackers to support her.

2 Likes

Boldtusk and Onatel are both Average, not Slow, if that changes your recommendations.

If you meant, ‘xyz hero is too slow for such and such strategy,’ then that’s fair.

2 Likes

I think what you are referring to was my comment on ascending heroes. If so, I was talking about how long I’ve been trying to fully ascend onatel and obakan. I’ve only been playing for about six months but was lucky to get two 5* heroes pretty early. I upgraded both of them as quickly as I could. They have been where they are now for probably four months. Thanks for the input though.

Sorry for the confusion. My response was to @Zeal4living.

Boldtusk actually has average mana speed, NOT slow.

Onatel also has average speed mana.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice and invite. I’m in a very young and inexperienced alliance. I was the second person to join and we’ve grown to a pretty decent group. We have kept our top 25 for about 5 months now and have become pretty close. It would be hard for me to leave at this point. Although I do understand how much it would help me to get into a teaching alliance. I did that when I played clash of clans and it was invaluable. Thanks again.

@IvyTheTerrible I actually meant the team as a whole is too slow. Two average speed heros is not enough to boost a slow team in offense. If a slow team is going up against a team, same power, with two or three fast or super fast hitters you have a significant change that your slower heros will be taken out before they get a chance to use there special skills.

1 Like

I speculated on that in my initial post responding to you. I think your word choice was confusing. That said, if you are saying Boldtusk is too slow, I disagree. Average Mana is a perfectly fine (and normal) speed for a healer. Excluding element links (and a possible future HOTM), average is as fast as healers get.

2 Likes

My choice of words was confusing, I apologize for that. As I said as a healer in an offensive team, Boldtusk is my preference. When supported by fast attackers he does well. I just think consideration must be given on speed when putting together an attack team.

2 Likes

Curious as th why you would ditch Obakan? He seems to be pretty strong and his counterattack has worked pretty good especially with Merlins mindless skill

Sometimes yes, sometimes not.

Mine all average or slow, all enemies fast or very fast and even 400+ TP above. Imo healing is the key.

Makes sense. I guess I’ve really only looked at overall power and special skills. Starting to understand a bit more now. In this case, it’s not that Obakan is bad, but replacing him or a couple of fast heroes will make my team relatively stronger due to faster mana generation and in turn more skill hits.

I have to admit I never tried Obakan and Merlin together, maybe it helps him. Actually never played with him in my team at all. My opinion comes mainly from meeting him in defense and there he’s just awful. Plus reading things like ‘Obakan does ZERO damage, would not ascend again’.

He’s just overall not good, low special damage and never been a fan of any riposte hero. I’ve lost against Elena on some really bad boards but would have lost even harder against Azlar or Santa since I at least had a dispeller with me in Zeline but no cleanser.

He’s one of the 3 worst purples along with Quintus and Thoth-Amun. (Personal opinion, some may include Domitia and maybe even Boss Wolf. Boss Wolf scares me though on a bad board). Of course all 5* heroes will have higher stats and would be worth ascending if you gather 12 tabards and have no other option. Damage is ok if you have lowered their defense but the synergy within the same color can be hard. Tiburtus is average so they may not charge at the same time. If you had Panther which is an excellent hero they would combo much better. That’s not an easy hero to get though.

Thoth actually was ok in war defense once upon a time, before arrow rain was nerfed. Stick him in a corner and let him just try to stay alive. Sure I ran him with Grimm in raid attack which is a bit like your Gormek-Obakan situation but they don’t always fire in the right order and if you had better heroes you would ditch him too. I don’t want anyone to regret ascending him like some have. If you do that make sure you have at least 10-11 tabards and no other option. Maybe create a poll named ‘If you have ascended Obakan to highest rarity, are you happy with him?’

Thank you. Great information. Like you said, if I ever get some better heroes or am able to ascend the ones I have he may be pushed to the side.

Thanks again

@olmar I agree that healers influences the attack formula. The team I commented on originally had one healer which I thought was insufficient as an attack team.

Do you still have room for another member?