I cannot beat [insert hero name]

Many of us struggle against a specific hero - especially now there are SO many - but unless you’re in a conversational and helpful alliance, it can be hard to know what to do to overcome that.

Sometimes it’s very roster dependant, sometimes it’s not, and there are other counters.

For example - before firing, Aramis can be tackled with:

• A buff preventer (such as cGPanther, Hypnos) to prevent him placing ailment protection)
  • A vampire / heal preventor (such as cElk / Mistweaver) (to minimise the self-heal)
  • a taunter (such as Shrubbear / Ludwig )(to reduce the healing amount)

After firing it’s less easy as you have to own Guardian Chameleon to remove that protection.

What other examples or solutions to troublesome defences are there? Who do you have problems with?

Let’s share these ideas.

I’m sure there was a topic like this somewhere, and wiser heads than me may find it, in which case we can close this bad boy.

4 Likes

Against many buffs users, be they taunters, riposte users, or Hippo, I find S1 wizards with Superior Jinx exceedingly helpful.

Notable ones I think work well and are highly viable:

• Kiril - healing and his buffs are always useful. The tacked on dispel makes him great.
  • c2Li Xiu - with her silence, she is pretty amazing for a 4*. The ability to passively dispel just makes her shine even brighter.
  • cMelendor - cMelendor is not on par with Kiril or c2Li Xiu (though once he gets a second costume bonus, he will fare better). However, he is definitely useful against buff-based heroes since he can both actively and passively dispel. So as a buff mitigator, he performs better than the others.
  • c1Marjana - her EDD is very useful on its own though her damage is lackluster. However, the superior wizard talent gives her enough to still compete.

Others are not as viable, but can still be useful in a pinch (or in rush):

• Isarnia - There are heroes that do much of what she does faster and with better stats. However, she is very accessible compared to the other 5* S1 (or costume) wizards. She would work best with two costumes as she was already frail for an S1 hero and stats have drastically increased.
  • Sartana - Snipers aren’t generally favored by most players and Sartana is a fairly weak sniper at that. But she is sturdier than Isarnia and can do well enough in a pinch. Definitely wants costume bonuses if possible.
  • c2Horghall - His biggest impediment is his speed, but at least he’s fairly bulky so can provide his passive dispel longer than the others. And his ailments are useful enough in their own right if they land.

Fairly suboptimal choices:

• c1Gormek - not really a great choice for this, and faces stiff competition from c2Gormek who is a more reliable dispeller. Really only ideal against minion teams.
  • Kashhrek - Kashhrek isn’t particularly inspiring, but along with Kiril, he is the most accessible 4/5* S1 wizard. Probably best for lower levels as he is pretty lackluster as a healer as well.
5 Likes

100% agree. The superior jinx on my C2 Li Xiu is the reason I bring her on 90% of my raids. Mine is 2lb though so her stats are close to a lot of legendaries so she is more feasible

Phorcys taunt in the way of a hit all hero of yours? Throw a few yellow tiles at them and more often than not taunt goes away, same for Hippo’s buff, without needing to use your dispeller on them

3 Likes

archie

c guin can counter aramis as well, won’t block his buffs but you can watch him die so that’s somethin…

heroes i struggle with…hmm…lost some raids to tremor and brimstone teams the other day

1 Like

Not sure why but …
I always find that red hero woman and her dog a problem / frustrating when I come up against her in raids …
Any tips?

This is mine

1 Like

she hits surprisingly hard, and the Rogue class matches her stats well. I usually target her with my mana controllers for that very reason :slight_smile:

3 Likes

riposte, poseidon, hmm idk. i don’t really have a hard time with her specifically, she’s usually an annoyance complimenting an already tough squad for me

2 Likes

Aramis. And he seems to be always teamed with hathor. Indeed all those teams are the same. They come feast on your cups and you can’t revenge them. And the only way you can compete is if the boards are in your favor… so forget about it

She’s worth ascending. I waited for ages but finally did it and I love her.

In terms of counters, is it the damage or the mana steal that cause most problem?

Damage - @Rigs is right - riposte would help. Someone with a high defence up perhaps.

If it’s the mana steal, then a taunter, so you can at least control which one they steal from (my favourite is when I’ve just fired the taunter) or a team of clerics to stand a chance to block it.

In terms of replacing the mana: Ludwig, Xnol, Toxi, C2Khagan, Albie… Anyone that gives mana back. Or mana tile boosters.

And if all else fails, someone like Waddles or 2CLiu Xui to prevent them from firing at all.

2 Likes

Archie, El Naddha and C2Caedmon are are good shouts. Forgot about cGuin too! (Even though I have her…)

Brimstone I can just about manage, but haven’t come against him much.

Tremor is trickier. Because you’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Either kill quick or prepare for a battle of attrition…

1 Like