How to release non-S1 costumes without infuriating your player base

Thinking about costumes, I guess it was inevitable we would see non-S1 costumes. However, I think SG could do this in a way that would be much better received AND earn them money.

First, at the same time you announce these new costumes, also announce that S2 heroes will be added to TC20 and all other summons. This is LONG overdue to help F2P and C2P keep up with the power creep. Also, from a practical perspective, I assume S4 will eventually replace S3 on the monthly calendar, and some sort of “Valhalla Rising” monthly event will replace “Atlantis Rising.”

Then, introduce costumes for the oldest HOTM first, and add them to the costume portal, say the first 5 HOTM: Hel, Athena, Ares, Musashi, and Alberich. People would absolutely pull for buffed versions of Hel and Alby, and SG could make the costumes for the others desirable.

This would allow SG to introduce heroes that people would absolutely spend money to pull for, but adding S2 heroes to more portals and the oldest HOTM to the costume chamber allows them to say they’re addressing the power creep issues by giving players more opportunities to pull more heroes.

I’m guessing they’ll never add event heroes to costume chamber, but they could have at least started with the oldest heroes only…

@moderators, hope this was appropriate for a new topic. Thought it was different enough from the beta beat thread about the new costumes since I wasn’t directly addressing those new costumes.

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v35]