How to get the most out of E&P misfit heroes - Detailed write ups of Myztero, Zulag, Ares, Baldur, Noor, Rafaelle (others to be added)

I use many of the heroes on this list and some I wouldn’t consider sub par at all

Grimble and Zocc I use every war.

grimble with all the minions makes purple stack one of the best anti beta/Freya teams. The trick is to kill bera and Freya last and use them to feed Mana to the team.

Zocc well my green options suck but he’s still a decent Mana control in war, but love him in PVE maps and VS Titans.

Leo (no costume) and Vela will swap use depending on how I build my last war team. If I am going 3 anti minion sets I use 2 blue stacks to utilize diamonds and skadi separately which is when I need Vela. If I do 2 yellow stacks leo gets called and after his buff he gives good damage and that Mana cut can be useful too.

I have not maxed horghall or quintus… I’d probably only use them in rush if they were. Obakan with counter is not useless and he is fast, I’d consider maxing him at some point if I get the tabards

Too lazy to see if i ever replied to this thread and after reading this i am not surprised with who started it! Great thread @Homaclese!

Anyway, I use 3 of those heroes on my top stack in each respected color. I love all 3 of these heroes!!

Zocc: once you learn how to use his special he becomes a game changer for you. However if you time it wrong it can hurt your team so he does take getting used to. He has truly been amazing against the titan, if you don’t get any tiles bring mana pot and you will still survive the 1:30.

In my war green stack, again, super valuable to shut down the Krampuses or whomever i decide to not let their special go off against me. Interestingly enough with the rest of the stack sometimes his special is enough to knock an enemy out as well.

Malicna: not only is she in my top purple stack she is also in my 3/2 top attack team. Very under rated hero! That mana regen for purple heroes is top notch. Her attack isn’t as strong as Zocc power but nestled next to Glenda it is! I don’t even care about the other 3 things she does for me it’s the 260 plus mana for the most part. If the 1st one goes off it’s lights out. My current top attack team that has finally stopped me from re rolling in raids is Malicna-(aforementioned Glenda) - Hanna- Athena- Freya. I have tried many combos and for some reason this combo for me seems to destroy opponents in raids and most are average speed no matter the opponent. I think it’s the new raid formations that have made this lineup successful but i will use it against no matter the tank.

Leonidas: as previously mentioned i like zocc, leonidas special not the same but it cuts mana from your opponent and that has value to me. He is much better after the buff. I use him only really in my yellow stack for war and titan. I don’t find him as important as malicna or Zocc in any of my lineups but he def hits much harder than them both. With Devana in the same stack that has mana regen like Malicna he has become more useful lately but still will be first replaced if i ever summons someone i feel is better.

Someone mentioned 4 stars, have you found any use for Carol? Mine sits at 1/1 and surprised i haven’t used her as food yet.

Did you do a Jade review? I have plenty of tonics but with having Zocc don’t see a need for her at all. In fact i have been debating between a 2nd Zocc and her. I don’t usually level my doubles but since i know how to use Zocc i think a 2nd would come in handy but prob not on the same attack team. I see you would level as many Zocc as you could but would you ever use 2 together? Anyway i don’t think Jade is in the same league but i am interested in hearing your take on her.

I still use Vela regularly on offense. Aside from Zeline, I think she is the only hero with attack down to all.

Her special pairs well in a more controlled, deliberate offense sort of team. I have had a lot of success pairing Vela with Ariel, KH, C.Tibs and C.Rigard. She helps keep the team alive till the Purple Team is ready. Then a second Vela special will almost certainly clean up any leftovers.

I’m a huge fan of Grimble. He and Uraeus are my anti-minion (Freya-Bera) team. Captain of Diamonds would be a good third if I had him. I just started Bera on her 4th ascension, who is also anti-minion. Problem is, Grimble & Uraeus thrive on minions, and Bera prevents them, so some tension there. Considering pulling Noor out of unleveled deepfreeze.

Zocc is one of my green all-stars. A mindless attack where you can be a lot looser with timing. As long as the enemy (especially titans & bosses) have over 50% mana, hit them with zocc, and he makes up the difference. You don’t have to hope you have the timing right down to a few turns like Hansel & Gretel. And then as an added bonus, +30 defense against special skills as green elemental link, which, in a green mono team, does a great job.

I never got Carol so never had to experiment. I do remember there was a Carol thread where she was defended by @Tidyup , perhaps he can give some insight…

She is more or less univeresally hated. I think she is a bit underwhelming, but not bad per say - nothing like Shale level. I don’t have any of the 5* ninjas so it is a bit hard to say, but compared to the OP ones she wilts but I feel she could still find a use. Her and second Zocc? Probably a second Zocc. Even in the same team. Gives you the flexibility to powerful specials (Frigg, Odin?) or alternatively maybe completely take out 1 hero.

1 Like

She is permanently benched on offense for me. I do still see her a fair bit on defense and I think she is pretty strong there - a couple of her specials can devastate you if you can’t counter them. However I tend to only take her on with my Elradirx2 and Myztero team, so she ends up being beneficial to me. So you could say I quite like her…

@Homaclese tagged the right person. Huge carol advocate back when she was first featured.

While you won’t see carol in a pure offensive role, she’s really meant for an offensive support role. Her bombs although will detonate by 3 turns, can just explode anyways if the target is killed. So what you can do is to just go the all out offence route.
Once carol has planted the bomb, focus your firepower on that target. Make sure you kill the target within 3 turns for faster damage. Exploding the bombs prematurely also means that it introduces splash damage to snipers, making them more efficient in spreading damage

She is also a mana controller, in regular matches, she is quite efficient in controlling the mana at the wings. A 25% mana cut may seem nothing in today’s meta, but at crucial times, it may save you a lot of hassle
Stat wise she is one of the top five 4*s for health coming in at 5th place, although my knowledge for that maybe a little obsolete. Because of this she can tank quite a few AOE hits, but she still falters against sniper damage. With a high mana troop and emblems, her DOT may reach as high as 450+, DOT that bypasses all defensive buffs. Therefore she can handle a stall team quite well. Her class compliments perfectly with her niche. Slow the enemy down with sorcerer effect and then cut the mana further.

If she could summon a minion herself, she’s tbh quite OP

Really technical hero to use, but use her well and she can reward you with results.

4 Likes

I used to use Carol in a Mother North - Buddy - Santa - Carol war attack. Then I took emblems off of her for Uraeus. Maybe I’ll bring her back one day. Her mana cut just let the team stay alive longer and outlast the opponent. Here’s my write up on Carol compared to some other 4 star damage dealers. Carol is underrated.

2 Likes

I know I’m late to this posting, but Noor was my first 5* when I first started playing the game, but I never gave her a compass due to the universal downvotes, even though her minions and my patience allowed me to get very far as a low level because I got her in my first week of playing. Lol.

I now have Krampus and Frosth maxed and am about to start working on my Glenda, so I’m looking at Noor again to potentially take her all the way. Should I give it a go?

1 Like

I really enjoy using Norns! Not for defense, of course. (I have Poseidon, White Rabbit, or Joon for that.) But can be very useful against titans, mythic titans (swap colors after your main color starts to get negative effects), and can be solid in raids/wars with the right team - pretty strong hit 3, especially in combo with Mist.

Special callout to Norns for making S4 levels incredibly easy. Just put them as the off-color in a 4-1 to take advantage of the color bonus in every province and make all your hits neutral or strong. Mobs and bosses just melt away!

I use them all the time.

3 Likes

Just got around trying out Jack o’ hare of all heroes and he’s criminally underrated. High attack, fast with decent damage output for a 180% damage skill. Jem him sword path and two other springvales and he has the attack to match the others. He’s a lot better fighting against a sniper team because he’s quite frail. He can just be used to fire once or twice depending on the board. Then act as a decoy to absorb sniper blows if he’s still surviving, so that the stupid enemy AI sniper may waste their attack on a half dead rabbit. Even has a bit of an edge over roostley.
He’ll be seeing LB mats from me

2 Likes

i was glad i didn’t summon Carol in the last Christmas portal, but your post has me thinking not only about Carol but also Jack from the Halloween portal. i was excited about Jack but found him underwhelming. your point about making snipers have splash damage capability is something i tried but haven’t really fully utilized at the 3* level, so if i get Carol this Christmas, i’ll see how it works at the 4* level.

Don’t have jack but I heard that if the initial bomb kills the target, there is no splash damage dealt. So something to consider. In a 4* setting, Kelile could be the role of the sniper to carol’s bombs. Since they’re both red and fast, you can’t miss the timing as they can just fire their skills back to back. Or if you have the new slayer Orla who can most likely guarantee a kill on a target less then 50% health

I really like this topic! As an owner of several of misfit heroes, it’s fun to see the different ways people are using them. I was inspired, so made some videos to share.

c.sab/c.tibs/c.dom/Brynhild/gullinbursti

c.kiril/yang/ares/Noor/frosth

Mal/Zulag/Krampus/Clarissa/Seshat

3 Likes

I have a LB Nordri and Brienne that I like to play around with too. Anyone else ever use any 3* in their raids? I threw in Isarnia for further misfit cred :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey y’all. Just got the best misfit of all! Very excited!

2 Likes

In l seriousness I think he is really good. Good news is he along with elradir got a minor buff with the introduction of the gm costume

2 Likes

Found this on the web thanks @empiresandpuzzlesbooks

1 Like

Awesome.

I’ve been using my Myztero with Grazul/Emilio in the same way since I first pulled him. Harder to pull off in VF, but still possible. Otherwise he runs with Elradir x 2 vs the relatively prevalent DOT dealers in today’s meta, namely Bera, JF, C GM, GM, Vela, Clarissa, etc.

One of the most unjustly hated heroes in the game.

As an aside, it looks like I will be utilising Balbar as part of an Anti Alfrike VF team. It looks like with a powerful sniper like C Lianna they will be able to take out Alfrike with a 1-2 combo, and then his sleep is potentially available for corner resurrectors. Another unloved hero with great potential.

Also working on Luigi, yet one more unloved hero. Pairing him with Grimble where he becomes much faster, and brings complete immunity to the team from Morel and Frigg left wings. Another unloved hero who can be great with the right synergy.

2 Likes

What if there are no minion summoners?
How would you utilise luigi then?