How long will Russian players have access?

As an alliance leader with a Russian player I’m trying to decipher thru the content being put out by SG/Zygna as to how long we have until they may be unable to play. I can understand certain reasons why this is coming about however like all my players I get to know them and want to know about them and they are safe and okay, etc. I also want to plan ahead so we don’t get caught in the midst of war, mythic titan or other alliance wide event and have a player just be unable to play. Will there be any heads-up for the community?

6 Likes

@Petri any idea if this can be answered?

yeah this restriction will become chaotic for alliances that have russian members in it

1 Like

As per my understanding on Staff’s announcement, they just can not pay.
They will still be able to play.
Also when V47 arrives and Google does not change the policy, then they will able to update to newer version too.

10 Likes

There was nothing in the notification that’s says the game will be completely withdrawn from Russia.
My understanding is that players in Russia will continue to have access to the game and therefore continue to be able to play but that they will be unable to purchase anything from the shop or offers etc

Edit - turning off the installation will however mean that players in both Russia and Belarus will eventually have a game that is incompatible

4 Likes

– not only that, but the installation is also stopped. Quote:

… we decided to stop sales, installations, advertising and marketing support for our games in Russia and Belarus for the time being.

I suppose the update is an installation. If this is correct, then:

Affected game accounts … may become inaccessible as our technical changes go into effect.

It’s quoted from here:
We Call for Peace in Ukraine — Statement on Current World Events

@Petri, could you please clarify this important topic? :confused:

3 Likes

The way I understood it is, they will not be able to update the game so they would be fine until the next forced update

3 Likes

They will not be able to update their game anymore.

Unless they use a VPN, game over for Russia/Belarus based players.

3 Likes

I’ve heard VPNs still allow purchases, but the rumor was that Russia is cutting off internet access to it’s citizens today, so we’ll see what happens there. If they just stop logging in you might need to boot them temporarily and hope they come back some day.

This is all false information. There are no restrictions in Russia with the Internet for citizens, and the Russian government has not had such plans and does not.

3 Likes

Looks like there is some restrictions at least as far as E & P anyway

6 Likes

Google will still allow to update as I read.
Just those apps will not be available, which are not free to download.

3 Likes

Yeah, seems like it was just a weird rumor.

1 Like

Conversely. Google restricts the operation of the Google Play app store in Russia due to problems with the payment system, now only free apps can be downloaded.

1 Like

I have written the same.
Non-free apps are no longer dowloadable.

3 Likes

Id highly not recommended NOT using a vpn for the game … As this could cause issues with yah account if sgg track it …

8 Likes

I suspect it is because SG think that you have “sold” your account, which is not allowed, right ?

1 Like

Short answer
No

Long nuanced answer
Deleted by Staff ( it is TZS’s private forum )

FIN

4 Likes

Sorry. :pray: I misunderstood the translation.

1 Like

Honestly no idea …but i guess its a not allowed in some shape or other … Have asked staff to clarify on using vpn.

If stuff does go bad for folk not being albe to get into the game your account will still be safe in the game … Thats more important then trying to bodge it and folk end up with well other issues due to using a vpn.

Edit - staff said yup NO to VPN you have been WARNED if you do try it thats totally up to you but dont seriously …:+1:

4 Likes