How is Coronavirus impacting you

God bless your family. :disappointed_relieved: Stay safe from this thing!

6 Likes

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so sorry!

4 Likes

I understand more as to why this virus continues to spread. I received a text yesterday from a friend who just flew back from vacation (!) and was wondering if, instead getting our gaming group together on Saturday, we wanted to do it during the week since they are now working from home.

Illinois now stands at over 5000 confirmed cases and something like 75 deaths.

#stayhome

9 Likes

Did you fling poo at said terrible idea?

8 Likes

Heck, i might fling some poo at that lol

5 Likes

Yes, but politely of course. I promptly said ā€œNopeā€.

20nopes+1forgoodmeasure

6 Likes

The ignorance of some is worrying !

We (Australia) have done a reasonable job so farā€¦ over 2/3 of cases are from international travellers or their contacts, but there is a small but growing group of community transfer cases that is starting to worry the experts.
We are down to groups of 2 when out, food shopping, medical visits only. And it has been emphasized that it doesnā€™t mean inviting people to your houseā€¦still 2 ā€¦ so no gaming get together s at home!

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been lonely for many months now. In the beginning of March Iā€™ve found a fantastic woman which became very close to me and we instantly clicked. But we met only twice this month even though she lives in my town. This all feels like a long distance relationship because of stricter and stricter rules on going outside. My luck I guessā€¦

5 Likes

Be thankful for the time you have to get to know each other!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Math4lyfe. y our earlier postā€¦
My daughter is a secondary school science teacher here (Sydney) at a well resourced private school, . They have shifted to online teaching over the last week. She says it is a different tempoā€¦ and she is learning to manage as she goes eg when she gets a few email questions the same she posts a message. She also said she is going back to more voice over PowerPoint presentations than doing stuff live. They are trying to stick to a timetable so the students shift from lesson in the usual way. The technology questions have just about finished now, so that bit sorts itself out. But it is a challenge! My own experience with online teaching in a tertiary environment was that it was more work, not less

6 Likes

Me and my wife (who plays too) are 17 days now at home, with our 2 kids without leaving.

6 Likes

I am sorry for your loss. Please allow me to lend my prayers for you and your family.

6 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Stay strong and safe.

5 Likes

So very sorry for your loss at this sad time. Your post makes it very real and you have my sincere condolences. Be strong for each other and be there for each other. Those that we lose stay with us forever, both in our hearts and in our minds. Take care

5 Likes

:astonished: the amount of new cases since the last time I posted the numbers.

Okay, phew! Found this:

3 Likes

I canā€™t believe the change on this thread from 25 days ago to now. I was working overtime to try and keep up with the craziness, but I think the stress got to me. I ended up with a headache, cough and sneezing, so I self isolated for 10 days as per doctors orders(wasnā€™t allowed to actually see a doctor or get tested though). Iā€™m a butcher and we went from about $6k on a Monday to $25k. Iā€™m due to go back Wednesday and Iā€™m not really sure I want to. If our meat inspectors are saying theyā€™re not wanting to inspect meat unless they feel safe doing so, and if the plants donā€™t comply, weā€™re going to run out of stock fast. First time Iā€™ve been really worried. Now trying to homeschool kids too, but thatā€™s the easier part, the teachers sent out lesson plans. Hereā€™s yesterdayā€™s numbers, 29 new cases since then and 5 more deaths.

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss send love your way :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Oh wow! I hope you are well and that you can continue with your business.

2 Likes

You should reply to this thread if you donā€™t want to be flagged as off-topic.

1 Like

I have similar experiences with people who do not GET the whole physical distancing thing.

Guys who want to date now that they have a lot of free timeā€¦

You see people posting in Facebook travel groups with ā€œomg plane tickets are so cheap lolz where would you recommend to go,ā€ and promptly being schooled by people posting links and facts and stats and telling them to STAY HOME!

and all the news reports of youngsters holding ā€œanti-lockdownā€ parties. thankfully, now the police in some countries are breaking those up AND fining those involved. unlike people who have to leave home (because theyā€™re essential workers), this is just silly.

10 Likes