How focussed/broad do you keep your troop roster up

Do you keep multiples of different types of 2 and 3 * troops?
Which ones?
Is developing a broad roster of troops warranted for purposes like supporting mono or 4/1 attacks on titans or, at most, are players best aiming to make 2/2/1 and 2/1/1/1/1 attacks?
To what extents should 3rd, 4th, and 5th, troops be leveled?
What types of troop do you use?

Some of these issues have been on my mind since getting a clearer look at my troop roster and wondering why the hell I leveled up a second yellow ninja, especially when the concept of a “yellow ninja” seems wrong.

unlevelled and 3 *s, 2 *s:

Summary

purp
IMG_20240416_121907
IMG_20240416_125455
yellow
IMG_20240416_132518
bl
IMG_20240416_123322
IMG_20240416_124918

g
IMG_20240416_122403
r
IMG_20240416_122056
IMG_20240416_124440

To me the primary purpose is troops is mana. Other stat bonuses are nice but minor in comparison. For example I would prefer a level 5 mana troop for a slow hero with a costume bonus rather than a level 30 crit troop.

Therefore level 23 mana troop (of any kind) is my top priority. I also don’t level randomly. I know it’s cheap to take a hero to say level 5 or 11 but I’d rather level up one troop at a time to a higher level.

If you do want to level more cheaply you can level a three star troop to max which can still be used in war.

2 Likes

That’s also what I’d come to think.

So would you level up to 5 mana troops in each colour up to various mana breakpoints of your heroes, or would you also have other priorities in consideration as well?

I focus on this version.

And this for 3*.

You will need huge amounts of feeders for epic n legendary troops. Only level what you need for 2/3* troops.

For epic troops: I push mana, magic n Styx rainbow sets to 30. Plus 2 more rainbow mana to 29. This way I can do mono, with sufficient mana boost for fast.

You can forget about mana, and just push magic troops. To max.

It’s up to you.

1 Like

It’s kinda roster dependent. If you’re using three fast heroes you may want three level 23 troops. If you use one fast, one average, and one slow then you don’t need all of them leveled up as much.

When I did this originally my goal was best troop to 23 or 29. Then getting three of each element to 11 for rush. I’m okay with the fourth and fifth heroes not having a solid troop.

1 Like

On that “may” bit, if the heroes didn’t include a colour-specific ability like elemental defense down or a special synergy other than by colour stacking would you want to spread the love across all three troops or would you focus investment in one or two?

Would you want to level one, two or more of those versions?
If you already had a different version fully levelled or close to, would you level more than one of your prefered version?

Depends on your play style.

If you are competitive and want to do well in events, you will use a mono team. This means you will need 5 of your preferred troop.

If you already have another type maxed, I would max 1 less then.

I do rainbow for events, or 2-1-1-1 at best. So I only need max 2.

But I do 3-2 for RT so I do need max 3 for each element.

I am still working on my 2/3* troops because I pushed mana troops first.

1 Like

It’s really down to your play style and if you ever want to go mono …
I have five of each colour at 2m 3 and 4*
I levelled them in the order that I pulled them years ago and back then the primary focus was on mana …
It’s taken me years and lots of troops to level them up …
I started by:
levelling up 3 x 4* troops in each colour to level 11
Levelling up 3 x 3* troops in each colour to level 6 and
Levelling up 3 x 2* troops in each colour to level 10

I then levelled up:
4 x 4* troops in each colour to level 17
3 x 3* troops in each colour to level 10
3 x 2* troops in each colour to level 15

I then levelled up:
1 x 4* troop in each colour to level 29
2 x 4* troops in each colour to level 23

I am now working on levelling up:
5 x 4* troops in each colour to level 29
5 x 3* troops in each colour to level 10
5 x 2* troops in each colour to level 15

I haven’t bothered with legendary troops (as yet)

I do have other “different” troops that are currently sitting on the bench at lvl.1

2 Likes

This is how it look here, basically mana 30 + additional one, now working on wizards.
Additional will be converted to legendary.

Some trainers are waiting…

1 Like

Thank you, as always, BlackZed for adding your sage advice. We all prefer to win rather than lose, and, for some, there may be ways to become cheap to competitively play.

It’s perhaps worth noting that it is possible to gain the troop advantage for raid tourneys just on a colour for colour basis and that gaining this advantage is considerably cheaper with 2 * than with 3 * troops. (I’m assuming here that there is a pretty even split in appearance rates of 2 * and 3* raid tourneys where a hero colour option is excluded).

Perhaps this might become an especially tempting option in cases when a player has attained all the relevant mana breakpoints for his/her heroes and has 5 same coloured heroes who will work powerfully together.

1 Like

With a well developed roster where such a goal is in sight, unless there’s a particular commitment to playing mono in a situation without heroes with mana breakpoints that can be achieved with legendary, another option could be to get a 4th or 5th troop to level 26, and (when you’ve then amassed sufficient feeders to get a legend to a state that was superior to the one that the level 26 troop had) go for the convert.

The downside of this would be that, while feeders are being amassed for some post conversion legendary levelling, the 4 * would remain unlevelled. But this would avoid potential restrictions on later developmena as, once 5 4 * s had been levelled to level 30, little improvement could be made unless one of those level 30 troops is converted or another 4* is levelled to level 26.

1 Like

I’m curious about the level that a legendary troop needs to get to where their per feeding food cost becomes equal to or more expensive than the per feeding food cost of feeding a level 25 4 *.

The per feeding food cost of feeding my lev 10 legendary is 34000 ham while the per feeding food cost of feeding a level 23 4 * is 66000 ham.

I’m sure you realise this but it’s worth noting that the high-value feeder will be most useful at later levels of legendary levelling.

For me, I was originally working on mana troops, and then when I got my rainbow magic troops, I focused on them and levelled them all to 29. After this, I did a rainbow set of styx troops to 23.

My next projects, were getting 5 of each colour of (attack) 2* troops to level 15 - mostly for the benefit of tournaments and such too.

Now, I’m working on the same thing but for 3* troops - they will always have longeivity like the 2* troops for events and for tournaments.

Once they’re done then I will focus on levelling either crit or mana troops to convert into legendary troops. On the one hand, my mana troops are a higher level (17-18) so will be quicker to convert, but, I know that mana troops still have a lot of value - especially to someone who is a rainbow raider and relies probably more on mana speed than on tile damage :person_shrugging:

Wait and see… :smiley:

3 Likes

Im a newbie and got lucky pulling 1 legendary troop.

My entire alliance told me to focus on leveling 4☆ or 3☆ troops and its made a difference for me.

I’ve kept 5 (4/3/2☆) of each color in case i ever want to play mono (although that day feels long in coming :joy:)
But im focused on leveling 1 troop of 1 color at a time.

Will need to consider Ruskin’s excellent advice below instead of maybe trying to level 1 troop of each color simultaneously

May the boards (and pulls) be in your favour

2 Likes

grats on your pull.
I just had a look at the costs and effects of leveling up my troops.
leveling up my 4 * 11th lev mana troop would need 1825 xp at cost of 36000 per feeder and resulting in +1% to a stat.
leveling up my 5 * 10th lev troop would need 875 xp at cost of 34000 per feeder and resulting in +1% to a stat.
Especially if your legendary troop has specific class support applicability to your heroes, there may be arguments to level it up.

I suspect this is what alot of people do when first developing accounts as they simultaneously work on their first rainbow team of heroes, and it seems something worth continuing with, at least until achieving significant mana breakpoints.
Titans and needs to colour stack can be a (relevant) distraction.

I do have 5☆s heroes (pretty much unleveled) that match the class of my mana 5☆ troop.

Personally, i would prefer to max my 3/4☆s troops and heroes all the way so i can join my alliance wars earlier with a solid (if somewhat boring) roster and complete tourney events/quests easier and get ascension mats.

I hate the idea of running into a mat wall (which i will sooner rather than later) at my level if i start partial leveling my 5☆ heroes or troops

I’m not competitive and i play for fun so i intend to go at my own pace and take things slowly, just my personal preference for playing style :blush:

Good luck with mats :crossed_fingers:t2:

Even so, it might be worth finding/negotiating a situation in which you can join into war and gain access to this vauable source of resources. If you can log on at various times, many alliances would value a low cost player who might take out weak/weakened targets.

I’m in a really great alliance i love with 0 plans to move. :heart:
Just that the current wars and titans are way above my level but i’ll get there eventually :blush:

1 Like

I have (after six years of playing … :roll_eyes: ) one rainbow 4* mana troop set at 23. One rainbow 4* troop mana set at 11. One 2* rainbow troop set maxed. One 3* rainbow troop set at 15. I am currently “working” on the 3*'s. But since I have lately (as in a year ago) lost interest in farming/grinding I never have enough ham. They reached 15 a few months ago. I still have a bunch of the colourless trainer troops they gave us when 5*'s were released.

I also have various other 4* magic/ninja/crit troops hovering around 11. The crits are ones I was working on while waiting for the 4* mana in that colour. The green crit made it to 21 before the mana one showed up. They may never get any further.

No sign of a 5* anywhere on the horizon.

1 Like