Heroes equipment

Therefore Shields for example would only be allowed for suitable classes like a Paladins Greatshield or a Fighters Steelshield. Spellcaster would have other items suitable for their classes. See my suggestions for Class Only items above.

I find emblems, costumes, aether, etc. much “stranger” than equipment (slots). Take a look at the game “friends&dragons”. It has a quite simular system of class related item slots.

For instance, I’ve got 1300 leather armour. If this was a used item I’d just be given an extra task of applying it to all relevant heroes. It would also suggest a hero appearance other than that illustrated.

I would never expect a hero wearing the same outfit each and every day just because of the single painting we can see of him in the character sheet. I would also not expect E&P showing me a continuosly aging hero every few levels or every year of playing. All that I am suggesting is just another simple consitent possibility to improve heroes like you can do in every RPG.

I’m personally dubious whether adding another set of expected actions will improve gameplay

To improve gameplay I would suggest better/faster possibilities to collect ressources and feed heroes with weaker heroes. For example a button to auto-collect all available ressources from your buildings would be a good thing.