Hero Pairs With Conflicting Talents/Special Skills

@ALI_G Really any taunt hero and spirit link hero conflict like hell. Because when the taunt hero gets damaged, spirit link destroys the purpose of the taunt. Which is to have all damage focus on them and not your teammates.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t tried it personally, but someone said that the order of operations on this combo is good for QoH. Queen taunt focuses the AOE on her, she then gets her 74% special protection, and the remaining damage is spread across the team.

Can someone confirm this is how it works? I donā€™t use spirit link heroes so canā€™t really test.

1 Like

Ursena + Hel/Proteus against yellow titans/teams. Cannot fire all three specials at one time unless the opponent will fire regardless. Blocking mana will spoil the reflect.

QoH with Mits or Urs. Absorbing all the damage (most anyway) leaves little for reflection.

1 Like

I never use Hel and Ursena on the same team. Theyā€™re both average speed and activate at the same time. So when I fire Ursena, I have to wait to fire Hel because I want the yellow to fire for the reflect. If I fire Hel first, I have to wait to fire Ursena until the mana stop wears off and Ursenaā€™s reflect will be useful.

1 Like

You can fire Hel at the corner so it wonā€™t hit the yellow tank.

1 Like

I honestly have no clue

I donā€™t have any taunt heroes except a 3* Iā€™ve never used

Yepā€¦ Taunt pulls it to BK only, then spirit link spreads that around before BK drops his to 1.

Personally Iā€™m happy enough with it (use them together a lot on attacks) - AoE still reduced by a lot, Wilber still spreads the damage to bring Beserk into the mix).

1 Like

Yes and noā€¦ Still dramatically reduces AoE damage - instead of 5 lots of damage spread 5 ways (without taunt) it becomes 1 hero of damage spread between 5.

And with BK, I want that damage spread to max the impact of Beserk.

2 Likes

Taunt with Share Damage heroes like Ageir also defeats the purpose of bothā€¦

1 Like

Dependsā€¦

Vs snipers? Yes, taunt might as well not be there.

Vs AoE? Still worth it - damage per hero is much less (taunt ignores all but the one hero, then single target damage gets spread) and secondary effects like burn, debuff etc are limited to the taunting hero only.

1 Like

@General_Confusion the spirit link spreads the initial damage around instead of it being one big hit to the hero with taunt. In the case of QoH, I kind of find it odd that even though it hit the minion it would still spread the damage with spirit link. BK, and Shrubbear I get that scenario but QoH is a unique one I might add. Only way I can see it logically passing through the minion is if pierce kicked in. Other than that, I am drawing a blank.

1 Like

The minion grants taunt to the heroā€¦so it is the queen that has taunt. This is specified in the card, and has been proven out

2 Likes

Wu + Dispeller

20 thoughts

In general any pair from Wu Kong/Ranvir/Miki/Tarlak is counter-productive or even harmful. Wu and Ranvir rewrite their effects, same for Miki and Tarlak. The effects from those two pairs (ie. Wu/Ranvir + Miki/Tarlak) stack, but since for Miki and Tarlak there is a cap for how much the strength can be raised, having Ranvirā€™s buf on top of Mikiā€™s (for example) wonā€™t have much effect and it will still cause you miss, so better have Miki + BT. The only reason to have two is to save firing of second when the boost from first expires.

1 Like

At least they are different colors. Sometimes itā€™s ok to have the same effect in your team when having them in different colors. Well Wu & Ranvir are both yellowā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I feel the opposite

Iā€™d be more likely to take ranvir & wu in a mono setup against a purple titan than i would take miki & tarlak into any situation

That bein said i still wouldnt take ranv & wu but it would make more sense than the latter scenario

I was just speaking generally. As I only have Wu I can not try any of these constellations :crazy_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I sometimes take Miki and Tarlak against blue titans since Tarlak has high tile damage.

You would be better off taking another green in place of miki

I mean you should do what works for you and what you enjoy, itā€™s a game. But if you wanna know the bottom line technicality of it, youā€™re shorting yourself by not replacing miki with another green, tacking that green tile damage onto tarlak & companyā€™s tile damage, then amplifying that with tarlak which will technically come out to more than 130% since miki & tarlak buffs donā€™t take into account for strong & weak colors, they treat it all as neutral. Well green is already strong vs blue so has a higher jump off point that makes up for the 30% you lose by not bringing miki

If you want more from tarlakā€™s buff i would go with a bear or dragon banner or even gaderius instead of miki

And if you can sustainably mono vs the titan, i would definitely do so

I usually go mono, but throw in Miki every now and then, when I feel green tiles have dried up too much and that maybe RNGesus will throw me some blue tiles. Clearly not logical, but Iā€™m just trying to avoid getting too frustrated with using mono teams :smiley:

1 Like