Has anybody been attacked yet in the Raid Tournament?

The first battle day of the raid tournament is nearing the end and my defense team hasn’t been attacked yet… possibly due to bad matchmaking and weaker teams just not bothering?

1 Like

I literally just posted the same comment in another thread. I’ve spoken to others, and none have been attacked? Maybe that will only show at the end of that days raid?

1 Like

No attacks here yet, either. I’m a bit frustrated by that since you’re limited on points if you don’t get matched for attack. And the matches I received for my attacks were very easy to defeat. Perhaps the matching isn’t working well yet.

1 Like

A few people in the large threads have mentioned being attacked and posted screenshots of their Defense Log.

But it certainly seems like the vast majority of people posting on the Forum haven’t been attacked yet (or at least their Defense Log doesn’t show anything yet), based on the few hundred or so posts I’ve read today.

8 Likes

If matches were completely random, it would make sense that regardless of number of participants (i.e. how “slow” of a first week it is), on average, most people would be attacked multiple times each round — presuming most people are using at least some of their 5 flags.

So the fact that it seems like a lot of people have not been attacked at all in the first round seems to me to imply that matches aren’t entirely random…which isn’t really surprising.

9 Likes

I have been raided 30+ times and all have been 500+ stronger than my 2609.

3 Likes

Question… if you don’t use all of your flags for tournament that day, will they roll over to the next one??

From my understanding, no. It’s use them or lose them.

2 Likes

Thanks! I had read that people were saving them for better rewards at the end. I used all of mine- successfully lol:) just no attacks on my defense yet

Consulting my moderator crystal ball :crystal_ball:, I’m expecting “I was saving my flags and lost them” posts will begin in 3 hours and 5 minutes.

22 Likes

I think most of this talk was in reference to saving them until the end of the day, not the end of the tournament. The idea being that if a player made attacks early today they would only draw opponents that hadn’t yet been attacked guaranteeing diminishing scores on each flag (this is how so many people went 5-0 and ended up with a score of 1302). By waiting the thinking is that they are more likely to draw opponents who might have a winning defense record, which would give them a higher score for defeating them. There is question whether this would actually work because you could also draw losing teams for even less points, but this seems to be the only way to have a chance at higher points.

7 Likes

Im sure you are right! Lol! Thanks again:) you are always so helpful!

From my very limited anecdotal experience in beta and now with this tournament, I’m skeptical that strategy will actually work — but guess we’ll find out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a reliable strategy, but it does allow a good score, where the early attack can only result in a mediocre one. Now, how that carries forward into days 2-4 I don’t know, but it does seem to be the only chance to get out in front early.

Also… in reference to the actual subject of this thread: No, I have not been attacked yet.

1 Like

I’m not convinced of that yet. My opponents in this Tournament so far were worth:

• 300 points
  • 300 points
  • 281 points
  • 249 points
  • 255 points

There was an hour or two span between my first match (300 points), and my last one (255 points).

Nothing about that order particularly indicates to me that I would have potentially gotten more points by waiting longer, when my highest-point matches were all first.

I also don’t have the impression from reading all of the beta threads that people were seeing point values go up over the course of each attack day. There were a lot of observations that they seemed to jump all over the place.

Well considering the teams I’m getting to attack are unleveled 2* and 3* defenses, I think waiting is the worst thing I could do. I want to attack as soon as possible before they lose 30+ defenses reducing the score I will earn from them. Those teams will not be winning any defenses.

1 Like

This is apparently the defense team I get to look forward to when my flags fill…

3 Likes

Well, lets actually look at that. I’m assuming that you won your first attack (feel free to correct me if that is wrong). If so the fact that your second attack also scored 300 indicates that you were matched against a player who had already been attacked and successfully fended off that attack, otherwise your score would’ve been less that 300 for attacking a player with no defense record compared to your 1-0 attack record at that time. The argument for this wait-to-attack strategy is that ones odds of drawing such an opponent will be higher once a significant number of other people have attacked to create such opponents with a positive defense score simply because these don’t exist in significant numbers early on. Now moving down, your 4th and 5th attacks show the potential failure of the strategy: that you would pull an opponent with a losing defense record, which I assume would be why No. 4 was worth less than No. 5.

My point is not that this wait strategy is likely to improve your score in any reliable way, only that it raises the potential ceiling for your score. It would also lower the floor substantially, and I suspect based on the matching that seems to be happening it is more likely to do this. However, I can almost guarantee that anyone at the top of the leaderboard was lucky enough to draw opponents who had already been attacked and had a winning defense record.

I should point out that all of the above is based on the assumption that you went 5-0

@zephyr1 if when my flags fill this still the team I’m supposed to attack I’m gonna post in bugs and issues. He has a score of zero in the tournament, like this is ridiculous.

1 Like

I did.

Right, so basically it could help…or hurt…with no reliable predictability.

I think this seems right. I don’t know how else you’d get a match worth more than 300 points, since that seems to be the baseline when a defense is C rated, which is the default to begin with.

1 Like