Grazul – New September 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

I was asked my opinion on Grazul:

Click for Meta design notes

I like heroes with long duration special skills ( like Ramming Pulverizer) since the computer is dumb at special skill use. Especially if using 4* ascension items.

But Devs have learned 5* with long special skills buffs/ debuffs are a problem ( see Athena the most individually nerfed hero in the game ). So long special special buffs/ debuffs are slow ( allowing them to be cleansed or overwritten) or weak ( having a small impact). As a general rule, the shorter a duration on a 5* special skill buff/ debuff, the stronger the Devs intended the buff / debuff ( millions of users may prove the Devs wrong. )

Like rumored Grimble ( anti Delilah ), Grazul is lots of what players wanted in a healer ( no more slow healers, stop turning boss monsters into heroes, titans’ one shot one kill glass cannon healers, etc. ) but those wishes are all crammed into the same hero that taken as a whole is very good in a very small niche ( anti Sand Empire hero? ).

But Very Fast makes up for a multitude of weaknesses.

According to a very good friend of mine, Grazul is not a bad hero, so players with only her will level her.

But every time you look at her role, another hero is already there.

I would call Grazul the ultimate generic attack healer. Grazul can be used anywhere a red attack healer would be used, and will be useful, just seldom super super useful.

If I got Grazul I would level her because I love healers in Empires with an irrational passion.

I also have a bad habit of falling in love with glass cannons ( Wu Kong, Melendor, Grimm, Scarlett, etc. ). Grazul is very sturdy. My roster has too many glass cannons so Grazul would balance my roster.

But like Wilbur, without Falcon, I am not sure how often I will use Grazul if the account had another good red 5* hero or red 4*+18 hero.

3 Likes