Full Healer Defenses in Bloody Battle... why?

Initially I thought it kind of neat and even a little funny going up against defenses stacked with healers during Bloody Battle because they are almost always a free win. But when it happens like every 4 out of 5 matches it has become a little sad and worrying.

There are a frightening amount of defenses using not 1, not 2, but often 3 or more healers during Bloody Battle where all healing is disabled. And often the tank position is a healer also of the wrong color. It happens a lot.

Is the Bloody Battle description too vague or too confusing, leading many players (almost the majority I would claimā€¦) to think that healers are empowered during these tournaments? Why else would people field multiple healers so frequently and consistently? It is not uncommon to even see defenses made up of 5 healers.

I canā€™t help thinking that these players bring healers on attack and then realize Bloody Battle means no healing, and then the realization sets in that ā€œOh noā€¦ I completely bricked my defense and thereā€™s nothing I can do about it now.ā€ (ps. Iā€™ve done that myself in the past).

I feel like there should be a very clear warning if you put healers on your defense. Something like ā€œHey, one or more heroes you have assigned to your defense specializes in healing their allies, but in the upcoming tournament all healing is disabled and might result in some of your heroes being less effectiveā€.

There are of course a few healers that can still provide strong non-healing effects, like Gullinburstiā€™s counter attack, Kirilā€™s attack + def up, etc. but I find it hard to believe that the vast majority of healer defenses in Bloody Battle is not just due to confusion and oversight from a lack of clear instructions on the gameā€™s part.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I think those are players that just didnā€™t change their tourney defense at all and their auto-generated 5 highest TP heroes defense are all healers. Or the players are sadly just plain dumb to understand (no offense intended).

6 Likes

When I am entered in 4* bloody battle tournaments my initial defence is 5 healers as those are my 5 strongest 4* heroes (BT, Rigard, Melendor, BT, Lady Wollerton) . If I didnā€™t make the effort to change it that would be me you are referring to.

4 out of 5 does seem a bit extreme. Maybe players are losing interest in tournaments and just enter for the minimal rewards. Or maybe they just donā€™t bother checking their defence since they always end up ā€˜Eā€™ anyways. Even after changing mine I am rarely above ā€˜Cā€™.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure that some just click on join and donā€™t bother checking,

while some probably made a mistake and forgot it was Bloody Battle.

and indeed, I imagine many players have healers as their strongest 4*. for the longest time I prioritized my healers (and mana controllers) among my 4*ā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had a couple of these this time. Think people are just teasing. Maybe they think theyā€™re helping. Crying out for attention. All sorts of things.

I know for myself, I clicked join this week and just completely forgot to change my tournament defence over the weekendā€¦ I blame it on the Tower of Styx!

As someone whoā€™s normally camping in top 10-top1% boy, am I feeling it this weekā€¦

2 Likes

3+ healers would be a crappy defense in any tourney type, those are not mistakes, they are simply auto-fills. You can easily spot them as they go in power from left to right. Why healers are most often very prominent among the most powerful heroes: For most people the highest powered heroes in 4 star are healers, for various reasons: The are often the best heroes, they are often C2 versions and they are often most LBed (because they are the most useful heroes in wars)

Seeing 1 healer on a def is most often a simple mistake: someone who forgot itĀ“s a bloody battle and setup a defense for a different type or maybe no type at allā€¦

While they should be gimmes, Iā€™m all for getting free wins out of it. For those who arenā€™t trying to ascend the rankings, the performance of the defense is irrelevant. Itā€™s irrelevant to me as all I care about is using raid tournament flags to help with filling my raid chest. Maybe I should just leave my team as the default to give others ā€œfreeā€ wins, similar to the whole helping out others with the PoG raid requirements.

Edit: Of course, there is the issue that a weak defense is worth less points, so that could be a tradeoff.

1 Like

Iā€™m one of those players that always puts a healer defense in bloody battle although I never play any tournaments because I only join for the small rewards at the end of the week. I never do any battles and I might as well let some other player have an easier win. This could be a reason other players have a mis-matched or weak defense team. A lot of people, including myself, donā€™t enjoy the PVP but the free rewards for having a team in the tournament are better than nothing. For me its more fun to see how opposite my team can be from the buff or de-buff.

2 Likes

All correct! and I will add another reason: at least for me, for the longest time I did not have any 5* healers (except Aeron, who probably only gets used now every Purple CoE, or as Tower fodder lol). so I had to rely on 4* healers, and therefore prioritized them.

1 Like

Weak defense doesnā€™t seem to affect the points offered.

2 Likes

Interesting, I thought the points were supposed to be based on the difficulty of the defense.

It may be based on the difficulty of the defence of your 5 best eligible heroes rather than the ones actually used.

That was Day 1 though, so maybe @yorkaturr is correct and the max TP is used for matchmaking and scores.

Which sort of matches that the 5 opponents are selected before each Day begins and not when you are using your flags.

Iā€™m sure it was mentioned in here, as it was in the initial post, but what are your feelings on having at least one as a tank with attack increase for the rest? Like using a Belladonna (+54% attack) or Phenexa (50%), both for 4 turnsā€¦. Is it worth it?

Or how about Azmiaā€™s counter attack?

Last part, lol, if you say yes to both, which would you prefer/suggest out of the 2 types (+ attack or counterattack)?