Forum Interviews: An Audience with @Guvnor šŸŒ³

Aw man now thereā€™s another series Iā€™m going to have to dig out and re-read again.

I also really enjoyed his Illium/Olympos set.

4 Likes

Quite an author isnā€™t he?

3 Likes

Yes. Have you read Drood?

1 Like

The name is familiar! Enlighten me.

EDIT: @nevarmaor, So I donā€™t derail this thread further (taking away from @Guvnors day in the sun!), Check out Robot Head (heā€™s Australian andt his accent and delivery is totally us!) and The Critical Drinker (a Glaswegian) but completely hilarious!! (YT btw)

2 Likes

Look if youā€™ve got an axe to grind, go do it somewhere elseā€¦ hell, you can make your own hate group thread so I can mute and ignore it.

Your accusations arenā€™t even worth my bother.

Edit: Decided I would give a little bit of a reply.

Despite what you have in your head, I (nor Z) have any ill will towards you. We cannot be racist cause we have no idea what ethnicity you areā€¦ Nor do I care, nor does it matter.

Your posts have been removed previously because:

1. You were posting cures for Covid-19 on a thread dedicated to discussion & support about the impact itā€™s having on playerā€™s lives. I donā€™t care how the valid your cure may be or who is backing it. Itā€™s off topic.

2. You discussed moderator actions which is clearly against forum rules. Can read them again if youā€™re still unsure.

3. Youā€™re making accusations as to my own & Zephyrs character to which you have no supporting evidence of any kind on a thread which has absolutely nothing to do with any of your accusations ā€¦

14 Likes

I am also a big fan of sci-fi and fantasy, but a lot of other stuff as well. Finally organizing the library, and once I get through the non-fiction, itā€™s time for sci-fi & fantasy.

If there are books you are specifically looking for, I suggest you make a list, and try to hit some library sales - Iā€™ve found a lot of great stuff at those over the years; sometimes you do end up with book 1,2, and 4 of a 5 volume series, though.

Oh, and the dog is definitely proud to be a good boy - and cute.

4 Likes

Drood is a historical fiction Dan Simmons wrote about the last 5 years of Charles Dickensā€™ life, narrated by Wilkie Collins (a decent 19th century writer in his own right). Itā€™s a fascinating mixture of historical fact and fictional storyline. Name taken from Dickensā€™ last unfinished novel ā€œThe Mystery of Edwin Droodā€.

Iā€™m not sure if I even own a copy of that one or if I borrowed it from the library. Been a while since I read it.

3 Likes

Love your view from the deck. Is that Glasshouse Mts in distance?

3 Likes

Nah itā€™s just some local couple of hillsā€¦ Itā€™s part of the Great Dividing Range (I believe)

Bit too far north for the glasshouse mountains.

3 Likes

It looks like a great neighbourhood to live in.

2 Likes

sorry to Guvnor and JB for veering a bit off-topic! just one post, promise!

@nevarmaor if you do still have Books 12-14, the pacing picks up significantly there, and Brandon Sandersonā€™s writing style is quite a bit less dense. I found rereading Books 12-14 a lot less tedious than re-reading books 4-10 for example. Book 11 was different as a lot of plots (finally) wrapped up there.

1 Like

Love your answers @Guvnor! (Particularly the bit about ā€œ3 searches before a new topic can be madeā€ā€¦)

Your bookshelf looks familiarā€¦you wouldnā€™t happen to have any of the Harry Dresden series would you? Or anything early by Steven Brust? :grin:

9 Likes

Nice job as always thanks.
@zephyr1 your turn next :thinking:

7 Likes

Actually kaffy then rook then Zephyrā€¦heā€™s milking his time.

6 Likes

Well was told to tag @zephyr1 for reminder :wink::+1:

5 Likes
13 Likes

It will run out eventually. @zephyr1 how many procrastination alarms do you have set?

3 Likes

Aslong as she got +18 emblems
Miss my ghosty :frowning:

As in the Jim butcher series? None I donā€™t have any of them. own the full Furies of Calderon by him tho.

Donā€™t have any of Steven Brust tho.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been a member of the Groot family since the beginning of January. I was recruited by @Guvnor through the forum. Itā€™s a great group of people and Iā€™ve really enjoyed being a part of it. One thing though, no mention of Morgan LeFay as your favorite? What happened? I thought she was your girl!?! :wink:

6 Likes