Forum Interviews: An Audience with @Guvnor šŸŒ³

Itā€™s soooo intense!! I love it but also canā€™t just Wade thru it haha

Iā€™ve done 4/14 books so far & basically have to split his works up with other lighter books inbetween haha

3 Likes

hahaha wait until you hit book 6 of Wheel of Timeā€¦ it just gets so darned dense until book 10ā€¦ 9 is a highlight, but I almost could NOT make it through book 8 and book 10ā€¦ things pick up again in 11. :wink:

3 Likes

:scream:

Well damn haha

Maybe Iā€™ll just go and finish the Malazan Book of the Fallen seriesā€¦ Been listening to them as audio books so of course it takes like 10 times as long to finish haha

6 Likes

I think itā€™s a reference to that time in Monte Carlo with the Mafia, the Vatican and heiress to the Zynga fortune :thinking:. Fortunately you got @Novo out of the arranged marriage and located the weapons consignment on the yachtā€¦but where @littleKAF hid the remains of the bishop in our hotel room is still a mystery

11 Likes

Wheel of Time is definitely NOT light reading :wink: I canā€™t even remember some plot threads through the middle booksā€¦ my eyes glazed over after the 1000th named character Robert Jordan introducedā€¦

and Brandon Sandersonā€™s writing in the last 3 books becomes considerably less dense.

Now that I know you are a man of culture, I shall check out some of those other authors you mentioned :wink:

4 Likes

I looooovveedd WoT.

Is @RandAlThor still active? Trolloc hugs for everyone!

4 Likes

I got caught up in a couple other series. Lol

1 Like

or maybe Maidenā€™s kissesā€¦ er, after what happened to Mat, I think not!

2 Likes

I feel your pain. I am on this game so much that I do the same thing and forget to change my team out at least once a week. The bad thing for me is I have actually had back to back titan attacks before it hits meā€¦oh ā€”ā€”. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I always have to apologize but my alliance always forgives me because I am always at the top of the Titan list. @Guvnor we appreciate your diligence!!!

7 Likes

Guvnor is a flat out rock star. I recall when I was reading the forums religiously to get better, this dude Guvnor would respond to people immediately with explantaions and links and pictures. I was like "whoa, this dude knows his s**t.

I loved reading his stuff and then they made him a moderatorā€¦a perfect role for him. Mainly because heā€™s helpful, loves the game and extremely patient. I try to be helpful and I do love the gameā€¦this patience thing is what Iā€™m working on. You figure an old fart like me would have that down by now.

Cheers Guv, youā€™re a forum immortal!

9 Likes

Off topic so Iā€™ll blur it. Let me know when you join cause I may need a place too. Unless Iā€™m number 31. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

10 Likes

Great interview, @Guvnor! :wink:
Really enjoyed reading it :blush: but I wish you told us a little more about your little buddy in the pictures. :heart_eyes: at least whatā€™s its name?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s my mate Blaze :slight_smile:

Heā€™s a 1.5 year old Border Collie Pup who is an absolute softie :stuck_out_tongue:

He loves nothing more than to follow me round the house and shove his snoot into my hand / arm/ lap / whatever he can reach and beg for scritches.

He loves long walks, playing fetch, gardening and his weekly trip to the beach!!

Medal showing hehes the goodest boy:

20 Likes

I loooove his name! He is absolutely adorable! :heart_eyes:
He deserves lots and lots of scritches. My heart is melting for you, Blaze! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blush:

6 Likes

I love Raymond E. Feist, I think I have at least a dozen of his books. Macros and Tomas were my favourite characters. Especially when Tomas relived the Dragon Lord life. Now Iā€™m going to have to re-read them.

Robert Jordan OTOH I found Wheel of Time became more and more tedious the more I read. I really enjoyed the first three books, by book 11 I gave up and stopped. I think I just got tired of reading a 10-book long book. Still have them all though ā€¦

BTW good interview to get on-topic :laughing:

Also, tag @zephyr1 :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Thanks for the look inside your life mate.
Itā€™s been a pleasure to have you around.

Love your Dog :dog: !!!

9 Likes

Iā€™ll also wish Happy Cake Day to @discobot :rofl:

May the fourth be with you.

4 Likes

Those danged typoā€™s ā€œmoraleā€ might be the word!
@Guvnor. You like a good book(s)? The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons is worth 3 or 4 reads at least imo. Please? You can tell me it was crap but it (they?) won the usual awards!! An awesome read!

5 Likes

I read the first one I believe (thatā€™s the series with the girl who saw the shrike and is moving backwards thru time? )

My friend recommended it to me and I loved it! Just gotta get the next one or two :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

YES!! My older brother recommended it to me and it has been on my once a year list since. Your local library can help!! It(they) is wonderful! PS, thanks for the personal insight!

EDIT: Rachael aged backwards in time into the futruel leaving her father Sol bereft but later became a staunch friend ā€œof the one who teachesā€ (who may be god!). Aenaea moved forwards through time to her inevitable future. (allhough her life was a bit backckwards) Ultimately it is an epic romance so skillfully portrayed (in that universe) that it is impossible that Raul could have found happiness with another lesser person and ā€˜the one who teachesā€™ in anyone else.

3 Likes