Forum Faces (Forum Game)

When I was at Uni, I had a friend of sorts doing nursing and he had 49 girls fighting over him.

Man up, I love that expression, I don’t think it will ever get old.

3 Likes

Hope he had a good time, hope also that the girls got over the heartbreak… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Me too!!! TACE; trans arterial chemo embolization, they use gelatin sponge plugs to block arteries and inject chemo directly to the tumour. Basically they kill part of my liver while it is still inside me. Hence the pain. I expect to just man up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My god, it sounds horrible. It must be the only way. You will need a lot of man to up…

Go, go, @sft1965 . We are with you.

2 Likes

So happy to read about your prognosis. And sorry for the pain…
I can’t find words that sound meaningful, but I wish you the best and hope to see you around for a loooong time.

2 Likes

Good news! We will endure it with dignity and even more joy. :wink:

3 Likes

This is bad news I will gladly hear any and every day. Hopefully even longer :crossed_fingers: Thoughts and prayers, bro.

3 Likes

Well it is totally non surgical due to reasons and what they are doing is just life extension. I mean, I could cry into my pillow but self pity is not attractive. My plan is to embrace everything and everyone I care about. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: like my profiles says, I’m pretty average.

4 Likes

Good plan.

And I hope the extension will be much longer than expected now!

Pretty average? For a start, there would be a higher vaccination rate and a lower rate of beliefs in sham cures than there is in reality…

4 Likes

Well it seems I may be leaving sooner rather than later, my remaining account has just been suspended for a breach of TOS due to a nasty review I posted at google 2.5 years ago. I feel totally dispirited. :cry: :cry: :cry:

2 Likes

Sorry @sft1965 … But still you can post here? I hope you’ll turn up every now and then!

1 Like

Well, I can but it seems kind of pointless now.

1 Like

Well, here is the continuing drama:

It was the shittiest birthday ever. The wrist (I broke a wrist last week) is just a compressed Radius fracture (the end of one of the forearm bones has been crushed onto itself). The plus side is I only have to wear a cast for 4 more weeks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Then it was off to the Liver clinic after the Orthopaedic clinic and the doctor started with: “I have some bad news. The TACE treatment was very successful and that tumour has gone, sadly the CT (from 3 has days ago) has shown multiple small tumours which will now need to be treated with more regular full body chemo. The cancer is very aggressive. (my tumour marker levels in my most recent blood test 3 days ago are 2.3 times what they were 6 weeks ago and more than 20 times what they were 10 weeks ago) (75 times normal). We are handing you off to Oncology now. We (my team) discussed your case this morning and you are being treated as a priority patient.” So I have an outpatient procedure soon and then possibly some minor vascular surgery before I see Oncology in 4 weeks.

I realise that people get cancer and that this experience is in no way unique to me. Life happens to all of us, so don’t feel that you need to feel sorry for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

This is true, some days it rains, but when it pours … :disappointed_relieved:.

Just know you are appreciated! Sending positive thoughts that the outpatient procedure and oncology meetings go well. Virtual :hugs:s too.

5 Likes

@sft1965 … Well it does sound like a really poop day and on your birthday too.
What I will say is that I do consider you to be a brave kind soul. A true warrior. So stay positive, surround yourself with loved ones. Be happy. Stay focused.
We are all here for you and you will get through this … you take good care of yourself…

4 Likes

Ups and downs. Unfortunately more downs.

Okay, then, let’s get to the positive things.

:roll_eyes:

Hopefully there will be more ups in the near future. Best wishes!

4 Likes

Sending more hugs your way my friend :frowning: we’re here for you

4 Likes

I wish you the best @sft1965

5 Likes

I’m going to do a @Cheds:

What everyone else has written. :innocent:

Also, if there’s something we can do to help you, just let us know. Sending positive vibes, and hugs to you @sft1965.

5 Likes

Catching up on older posts. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and saying a prayer.

3 Likes