šŸ§­ First Path of Valor Log and Discussion ā€“ Starts February 3

Why do you assume I speak for myself? I war, never ever missed even one. The concern is how it will affect lower & growing alliances. Already have many war jumpers as it is.

Personally Iā€™m happy and it brings something new. The only concern is war jumpers that will join, go in & flee. Thereā€™s already so many posts about that problem and nothing has been done to address it, this will make it an even bigger issue imho

2 Likes

The war jumpers problem is a personal thing not SG. To me this will help like minded players get rid of dead weight better than anything implemented this far. If a person cant take the time to benefit themselves daily why would I want them dragging down my alliance. This is something that has been much needed and as an alliance coleader this will weed out the casualsā€™ semi and super competetive and help to shift people to where they need to be. This is one if the best things added to this game in a long time and they did a good job with it

Wow. This thread is a trip. My reaction (as F2P and unlikely to buy the Valor Pass unless Iā€™m just burning some Google credit) after (part of) one day:

Likes: blue trainer heroes. Vela is pleased. Also barbarian emblems, as Iā€™d like to max Grimm, Gormek, and LJ eventually before working on Azlar.
Dislikes: kill titans missions. My friends and family alliance has killed one four-star titan ever. Weā€™re tubed after the second titans mission, so thatā€™s likely a bunch of points Iā€™ll have to leave on the table.

Everything else, Iā€™m waiting to comment on until I see how it pans out.

4 Likes

If you are able to finish Path of Valor, it looks like a good overall offer at 515 equivalent gems/USD. That is using my own personal conversion rates for AMā€™s, battle items, resources, etc. which I feel are in the ballpark of fair - but you may disagree. Of course, it would take a long time and needs completion of the path to get that full value. Itā€™s nice you can do it and then decide if it is worth buying.

Of note, the ā€œPresents from Rudolphā€ still holds top honor for equivalent gems/$ in my book at 533 gems/$.

2 Likes

Good job SG! The price of the pass for the rewards is ā€œvery fairā€.A challenge but, Not that hard to complete in 60 days at all ( vip pass would make it even easier). Well done @Petri

5 Likes

Like anything on the forumns; if we wait 30 days itā€™ll give a clearer picture of how hard it is to complete. Iā€™m guessing for a F2p it might take around 45 days if they fill 3 chests a day. SG just helped out C2p huge here in my opinion. But, letā€™s wait and see just how long it takes for someone to finish and Iā€™m sure they will post on here.

2 Likes

Yup, but you must admit it is not the same killing for example 40 7* titans in a 50 days or 40 12* titans in a 50 days.

When they are 7/8/9* titans you kill them faster and have more time to regenerate energy and be full for next which is not so possible for 12/13* titans.

For other tasks all are equal for this it is not the case comparing starting position (current titans).

Is it a total of 40 titans for the whole 50 days? Cause that will be super tough for a lot of people if itā€™s that many

Maybe itā€™s all relative? For us killing forty 10/11 stars in 50 days is as difficult as a lower alliance killing forty 6/7 stars in 50 days?

I donā€™t know, Iā€™m just putting it out there. No one seems to know the answer to the titan question yet.

4 Likes

Common sense, but just confirming that you can use loot tickets for the daily ā€œ3 Dense fogā€ stages.

3 Likes

Anyone know: there are Valor challenges ( raids , titans etc) if there is different ones that come up if you complete them? Or is that the challenges for the whole time

That one might be tricky if an alliance lets a couple go a week. It might be the toughest challenge

1 Like

Thatā€™s it, for the whole time.

And why we all sound a little stressed about it.

Yeah this is really a great way to get people to want to log in versus feel like itā€™s a chore. With the challenge coins, upgraded levels on the events, good job!! Now if they just upped the loot just a tad in the tournaments I think we could see a new all time high for players logged in. Iā€™m very impressed and the price was totally fair.

1 Like

Totally agree.

I donā€™t get the angst over POV. Itā€™s not as though itā€™s mandatory to participate, or that youā€™re going to get resources taken away from you if you donā€™t complete it. At worst you participate in the free path and get some extra rewards for things that you would normally do in the game. It will be very easy to get at least some rewards. Those who put in more effort will get more rewards. (You knowā€¦ like in life and suchā€¦)

The only concerning challenge that I see is the Titans. But until I actually see that it requires my team to kill 50 Titans in 50 days, Iā€™m going to leave the pitchfork in the shed and the torch unlit.

7 Likes

The complete a challenge eventā€¦ thatā€™s hard to scale if there isnā€™t that many challenge events in 60 days. They give 150 points for that ( I could be wrong) and that would pretty wel be it for the duration. So, really thereā€™s only 5 if thatā€™s the case

Itā€™s been confirmed that it counts per Tier ā€” so Rare, Epic, and Legendary each count as completing a Challenge Event.

And both Avalon and Pirates will be during this Path of Valor.

12 Likes

Super disappointing that the POV challenges arenā€™t scaled to a playerā€™s level, today Iā€™m only able to complete 1 daily since I havenā€™t unlocked Super Antidotes yet and not even close to unlocking Dense Fog map stages. Forget about the AW challenge since I donā€™t have enough leveled heroes to participate, and Iā€™ve only been able to complete one Rare Challenge Event ever since Iā€™m still building my roster. I was ready to buy the Valor Pass and hit the ground running, but now Iā€™ll have to wait and see if it will be worth it since Iā€™m still a developing player. Other games Iā€™ve played with a similar ā€œPassā€ event tailored the challenges for different levels of players, but right now Iā€™m just feeling shut out of really getting to participate in this.

2 Likes