Final blow to TC20 heroes

I kinda get what you are saying about the power creep as I have run into some.monster teams in my raids, but I just look for ways to counter skills since I dont run mono and easily take down teams with +12 emblems with my guys at only +3 or 4. In my personal experience I would rather faces emblems than +30 troops but to each their own.

Wars are matched based on your whole alliance contribution and to just sit there and blame power creep and emblems for losses is just not true. We lost one war by 40 points and got annihilated by 400 in a war. Almost everyone in our alliance either pointed to their bad hits and said sorry or looked at what they could have done better to get ready for next time. You win some yoo lose some but i try to learn from all my battles because as you said, the stronger the opponent more research you have to do.

I have played a game FTP before just recently, and once i saw that I was going to have to spend to make any real progress, I simply stopped playing it as as beautiful as it was there were way to many tedious things to do and being I play here I just didnt wanna sink that investment into that game. So I quit, good luck to those who find it something they are willing to spend on.

I like E&P and have been here long enough to stick to a budget hope for the best, expect the worst, be happy when I get something good and focus on learning what ever new hero I pull.

Wanting to be competitive in a game that you are not willing to spend in when you know thousands of people are is as foolish a logic as expecting a free meal from a restaurant because you come And have a free water everyday. You have to be realistic with yourself and you cant blame a company for doing whays it’s supposed to do which is make money.

I get your frustration but any FTP/C2P/P2W understands that it’s to spend or not and if you choose not to then be happy to play a game for free everyday and leave it at that. Nothing added or given will take away the gap only increase it the more you choose not to.spend at all and there is just nothing you can do about that. So in all honesty who has the real problem here? The guys and girls willing to support a game with Hope’s of some better things for there financial investment or the people expecting to recieve hand outs just because they are hanging around.

Those people winning events have nothing to do with hotm and if you been here as long as you say you would know that already.

Raid tournaments I’m in the top 5% as if today and I dont have a single hero with emblems in that category if I get put out oh well but if ik was FTP I would focus on maxing my team to benefit me.where i could to get me the most enjoyment and mats which is why when I’m seeing +20 3 stars I say good for them for realizing its best to make the best of what I have and accept that then keep complaining about something that you can change the same way other players have.

I hope you continue to enjoy yourself but with revolving door of alliance mates, makes it really hard to build that brotherhood necessary to move up further in the game. Winning wars and raids takes knowledge from all players and the more people go in and out the more times you back to square one.

What you dont get is for each player who leaves there is a new guy joining who only sees the game in it’s current state when they arrived. Its much easier to do everything than when I started yet I see no posts flron c2p/p2w about how FTP should have it as hard as they did.

1 Like

Yes, true, but also you don’t have a super hero roster to choose from when building your team.

I’ll keep from making any comments on this… except that that’s not my case…

1 Like

It does “feel” like the intent is to extend the finish line.

There are research teams (and maybe you have personally experienced…) who exclaim that once players cross the finish line, they feel… bored and move on to a different game.

Extending the finish for WELL ESTABLISHED players takes some considerable doing…
Long term players been at it so long they have no memory of rising through the ranks with their Aife’s.

It can be done though! The problem with ladder style P2W games, is that the end starts hammering the beginning so hard, it becomes difficult to harvest new players at some point.

If I just throw another $100 in there I’ll be able to compete!

Haha… I dunno I still have fun. But… it is an endless ladder. Endless ladders can NOT be anything other than terminal grinds…

5 Likes

I think this comment needs a lot more context. You even selectively cherry-picked the SG response:

“This feature is focused on Classics to start; not off the table that they won’t see something in the future for HotM or event heroes. Skins actually started only as a way to change the look, but now it’s a bigger feature. It might be fun to have sensible alternative looks for all heroes. But definitely not this year except for Classic heroes. The goal is not to make powerful heroes even more powerful.”

1 Like

Why? It was a simple question. A simple yes or no answer would have settled things. Instead they chose to leave the door open… So assuming they won’t release costumes for special heroes is just as much a wild guess as assuming the oposite… remember I’m against that, so for me standing idle and beting SG won’t follow the money path is the worst possible course of action. At least, în the eventuality some SG reprezentative reads this thread, they’ll be able to at least see where people stand on this subject.

This also caught my attention:

“And Tim was also clear that the priority for skins this year is classic heroes that most need help”

Especially the “this year” part… well, the year is almost at an end…

Sometimes the simplest questions are the most difficult to answer. However, I think they shed quite a bit of light on how they were thinking. So I believe that the question was addressed, even though it was not the ‘yes’ or ‘no’ that you wanted. Reading the linked posts I provided, I think one would get the impression that the intent was not to create a straight p2w scenario with costumes. I honestly am not a fan of the current implementation, but I think specifically worrying about specialty hero costumes is very premature.

I would encourage folks to focus on the current availability of summons or return on investment for f2p instead of something that does not exist at this time.

5 Likes

So true. I have already removed the game from my phone. It is really getting boring. The game is becoming a pastime of expenses for the high rollers.

Just curious - can you define what categorizes a player as a high-roller? $5/month… $20/month… $100+/month… etc.

I’m honestly wondering where I fit into the scheme of things. I’ve always considered myself a low to moderate spender. With that, I can climb into the top 100 anytime I want to take the time to raid. I don’t have the best war defense in our alliance, but I’m normally in the top 5 attackers.

I’ve played 2 years and still enjoy the game. Perhaps I’m actually in the high roller group and don’t realize it. Or, maybe it’s my outlook of being happy where I am in the game. I understand there’s no winning this game and there will always be others better than me.

Again, I’ve seen several terms thrown around to describe the big spenders but it’s always been a vague term. I’ve never seen a $$ amount applied. I’m seriously interested to know if my definition is different than others and that’s why I still enjoy the game.

4 Likes

Personally, this game has always been (and always will be) a pastime to me, as F2P. I suspect the “high rollers”, however you define that, would take the game itself more seriously.

1 Like

You just spend your spare time with this game to have some fun.

Wanna get some more fun?
Spend some money to gamble at the summon portals or buy some time, too.

I play another game strictly f2p, but would never expect to have the same chances to rank as the p2w players. I wouldn’t even waiste a thought on that. Fun anyway to see how far it goes without paying.

What’s the point of demanding f2p has to be as competitive as p2w? That won’t ever happen.

3 Likes

I’d like to know the answer to that too. By my reckoning, buying all the special offers each month gives you more than enough resources to get everything you need for summons in events or Atlantis. We’re talking about $100-$200 range. Anything else above is a total waste. And even this, after a while might get too much. Once you create a nice stable (obviously much better than F2P players), the rest is nothing but hard work like everyone else. Farming, leveling, competing, war, titans, raids, tournaments, you name it.

Throwing more and more money is just stupid and lazy. You can summon 50 Gravemakers but that won’t do you much good without 300 Mystic Rings.

Now someone can say that $200/month is too much and I agree. But I don’t think that qualifies someone as P2W. I mean, in the end, most of the top players are at least above level 50. No one paid their way to get to those levels. Even if they wanted to.

2 Likes

I think this could shed some light on the p2w meaning. Having level 30 troops at level 34 and no maxed 5* heroes should easily fit someone into that category.

Of course, this was a long time ago… I destroyed him in war. Bet things would be very different today… if he still plays…

How much did this guy spent? Simple. As much as it took to get what he wanted.

5 Likes

Yeap he spent as much to get what he wanted out of the game. But the specific question would be what dollar amount per month is considered c2p and what amount is considered pay to win. In order for us to understand your frustration we need to understand the values of these statements, and of course the other statement why do people who enjoy the game not feel like the developers are deserving of compensation? If no one spends no one gets to play, FTP or otherwise so your comments hold no validity as I’m c2p even cheaper than when I first started and my roster is decent. Lot more 5 stars in game than when we started playing so theoretically, it’s been a lot cheaper and easier to recieve a random 5 star especially during the Atlantis summon. You have guaranteed Mats in the Atlantis summon which was never an option for the originals here.

Lastly how does that guy with +30 troops effect your gameplay exactly, I mean he paid for something that once he finished he can use witn every hero In his game making them much more stronger even though they are not yet capped, which to me is a wise investment for his entertainment expenses. I mean when I see people with +30 troops and I beat them, just makes me.realize how much more important synergy of team, knowing my counters, not relying in mono damage to win the fight is. Only time +30 troops worries me is when they also have double didget emblems and even then, I have a reroll button in my raids so help my understand, as typically with what your describing and FTP alliances how much more of a revolving door of players than the others, how are these players effecting your game play?

I just saw this. Hold on lemme find it again

Here it is. Someone posted this:

:money_mouth_face:WHOOO!:rofl:

3 Likes

beating-a-dead-horse-gif-11

6 Likes

Sorry mate, couldn’t quite follow that… there’s some typing issues… Anyway, he didn’t “effect” my gameplay what so ever. We met in war (not raid) long time ago, I took a screen shot at that time as he was a rare sight. I have many game screenshots, nothing special, but this one is an “unique”. I’m sure you understand why… Haven’t seen anything like this before and since…

I’d be curious about his troop levels, as the emblems are not out of the ordinary… sure would like to raid him :blush:. Yellow tanks are among my favorites.

All P2W are endless ladders. Every last one of them… a couple years pass and the 10,000 people above you maybe 1,000 quit playing. But another 1,000 beneath you have spent more money than you :face_with_head_bandage:

lol…

There are several questions you could ask yourself. But I think the most important one is:

“Am I having fun?”

4 Likes

This is the key difference between us and where we’ll disagree. The P2P group will buy anything

Certainly not me. That’s ridiculous. I want to grind for my costumes. Gems aside, I want to work hard for them! As it is there’s little opportunity to grind for keys.

4 Likes

This is where I have to disagree with you most p2p have specific play styles and only go after what they want. Very untrue they will spend for anything

1 Like