Farewells - MASTER List - Add your favourite past forum great or player who quit [WIKI]

GRRRR… one stupid word screws up an entire post… I’ll try again…

Was not the case when I posted that. I have evidence to prove it. My “trust level” was only recently restored. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not my phone. I am accessing the forum from a computer. My forum account got slammed. I’m not allowed to talk about it.

And this is actually more like the 4th or 5th time I’ve talked about leaving. Though this time I probably will, because this is the first time where I got seriously cracked down on, to a scary degree, to the point that I worry I might lose my entire game account as a result. And I don’t want that.

Oh I wish I knew what I did wrong. I do not. Nobody ever told me.

The only thing I do know is that it can and probably will happen again, especially if I continue posting here. Only my game account may not survive the next one. I can’t afford to lose that.

4 Likes

Then in all honesty, if that was me, I would not come into the forum or post in the forum again.
Save your game and your heroes for the enjoyment that it obviously provides you.
I wish you all the very best in your future gaming- take good care of yourself and stay both happy and healthy

3 Likes

A sickening leverage of power just so they don’t get their feelings hurt.
People should be ashamed for taking it this far over honest criticism.

Not a good look, SG.

3 Likes

Well, he’s my boss and you can’t have an Ally without one. 2020 was a stressful year for everyone and some people feel at their limit so it can only take a little push to get an extreme response (no idea if this is the case). Relax for a bit TGW. We can’t do without you as the captain.

Could we stop talking about it please everyone before it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy?

I’d prefer an open conversation but rules are rules.

2 Likes

IT WAS FUN UNTIL IT WASN’T

you will be missed here on the forum!

The resistance persists… lol

2 Likes

Tempers get up and things can be said that are out of order. We can all be guilty of this.

Sometimes lines are crossed and mostly we know when we have done it. But if not then it’s very likely that line will be crossed again because that’s not a line for that person.

There’s a fine line between facts and fictions at times and lots of things have been said on here later that could be read as very aggressive. I’m not saying that’s what happened but the costume debate got very out of hand at times. Opinions can be expressed in a reasonable manner.

Censorship is a debate for a different day but if a line is crossed then it is crossed. I have no objections to people getting warnings.

That said one should be told what it was that crossed the line. So we can learn from our mistakes and not do it again.

But that’s not a thing we can discuss so I’ll that there.

3 Likes

I would like to think being a constructive forum member does make a difference, and why the @TGW and the @yelnats_24 (who provided lots of hero / game analysis and advice for anyone who asked, and someone I tagged for his expertise) too, sagas are so sad. :sob:

Ignorance is not bliss. I don’t like this thread at all :sweat:.

10 Likes

Not entirely sure how you missed the point where I said “Opinions can be expressed in a reasonable manner”

I don’t know what TGW said to get that response but clearly he said something that crossed a line.

And let’s be honest there was a lot of vitriol in some some recent debates by a fair number of people.

I don’t think any thread has been censored until it got ugly.

So again…opinions can be expressed in a reasonable manner

Just going to toss this in here… in my defense… not trying to get in trouble again, and not coming back to post in those debates or such anymore…

If I did cross a line somewhere, nobody told me when or where or what. I didn’t even receive a single flag. I never intended to offend anyone, and if I did, I apologize.

I don’t know exacly what I did wrong, and I’ll never know, because nobody will tell me. All I know is that I did something wrong, and if I do it again… whatever it was…

Well, it doesn’t matter. Basically I did something, I don’t know what, and it was wrong, and I better not do it again, or else. So… the only way to be sure I don’t do “it” again (whatever it is that I did) is by not posting here.

9 Likes

Evening team,

I know it’s frustrating not being able to discuss disciplinary matters candidly but the attempts to step carefully around the subject appear to be leading to conjecture and misinformation.

I’ve been team mates of good folk who have had enforced breaks from the forum on several occasions. It’s not always an easy balancing act between mod and mate.

@Disposable I don’t know of anyone who has had any disciplinary action taken in game due to forum indiscretion and if anyone has, I’d be pleased to look into it.

If anyone would like clarity about their own situation, feel free to @me somewhere, most folk have a pm thread or Discord link lurking. It might not be tonight, as it will need some reading but I’m happy to clarify.

Also that doesn’t mean I’ll give an opinion on the sentence, just the rationale :wink:

This thread is for remembering our friends long gone, for all kinds of reasons, let’s keep it on track.

19 Likes

I think this is the best way to clear up any confusion for @TGW . It’s really not our business as to what happened and a private conversation could be helpful. in my opinion, your offer goes way beyond what we should expect from our volunteer moderators.

10 Likes

Based on current and past @TGW departures, I’m thinking the best place to post this is here:
I’m NEVER coming back! See you tomorrow! Vent thread - General Discussion - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum (smallgiantgames.com)
All in jest my online friend.

There is at least one regular forum poster who has talked about it in vague terms but I’m not outing them here. Pulling game accounts over forum infractions sounds applicable though doesn’t it? That’s what initiated this current discussion.

But you’re right, this isn’t my fight I’m just trying to stick up for others who feel like they can’t speak openly for themselves. Thank you for offering to let them do so “off the record” in other places.

2 Likes

I think this is the problem, people misconstrue messages, particularly when we feel a bit hurt.

The kind of folks we are talking about here are very genuine buy get wound up in debates and over-speak there minds.

Then, there are a few accounts which have really gone after mods or staff in a really sinister or malicious way. These people have a very brief forum career and receive a judicious nuking.

If the latter kinds game accounts are left out of the equation, I am confident that the former have nothing to worry about. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m soooooooorry!

But it feels more wrapped up than wound up. And then your stuck.

2 Likes

I agree, and they also speak vaguely to avoid getting further penalized for discussing disciplinary actions. With their game account under the knife it’s understandable. Hopefully someone will reach out to you privately with their story.

[quote=“JonahTheBard, post:268, topic:191603”]
Then, there are a few accounts which have really gone after mods or staff in a really sinister or malicious way. These people have a very brief forum career and receive a judicious nuking [/quote]

I don’t doubt it, and deservedly so if it’s malicious.

For the people i mentioned who say they’ve been suspended and had their game account threatened, I just have a hard time seeing that kind of malice coming from them.

Thank you for engaging with us about this Jonah, I always appreciate your even handedness

8 Likes

This is just sad to read that players don’t even know why they are disciplined.

3 Likes

I can tell you the whole story (my story with a fair degree of candour) via discord Steve1965#0318 on the condition that none of this will be used to target our moderators or be used as public ammunition in the forums. Having just had Jonah and company as guests in our Alliance I’d like to say we had a great time, wonderful people. I sincerely hope there was no awkwardness from me.

They (moderators) have a fairly thankless task trying their best to make sure we have the best possible experience for the most people. Remember, they have to abide by the rules too so we were not privy to any inside information.

Thank you

6 Likes

Remember the day we had our last conversation? That day I got 2 off-topic flags and :zero: inappropraite flag.

Then that thing happen without explanation about which part crossed it (even after asking in the messages).

Nb: I know all moderators are offline at that time so I don’t blame them.

So I left the forum. I am not leaving the game, just the forum.

Farewell.

6 Likes

I miss Bahahaha. :confused:

No cloak and dagger to my knowledge, just…gone.

3 Likes