Family Bonus for Classic Season 1 Heroes? šŸ‘Øā€šŸ‘©ā€šŸ‘§ā€šŸ‘¦

Thatā€™d be great. Itā€™s needed, season 1 heroes are irrelevant compared to every other season or event. Yeah, I know we have costumes but still many of us still lack a costume or two, right?

And letā€™s not forget some buffs to horrible heroes like Dawa, Graymane and Prisca. Dawa just needs to cause more damage, 250% damageā€¦ similar to Isshtak and Karil. In my opnion Graymane and Prisca should have another ability, like a mana stealing abillity, something like steal 10% mana from target. Prisca costume is simply horrible to say the least, it could steal 5% from each target for example.

Oh and it comes to my mind that 2* Jenneh hero, compared to Neddler sheā€™s pointlessā€¦ She could have a second ability ā€œThe target gets -34% defense for 3 turnsā€.

3 Likes

I really liked this idea, really sensational

2 Likes

A forthcoming release is putting the Heroes of the Month into families buffing yet another group of heroes, once again altering the meta and weakening the season 1 heroes.
Leaving the season 1 heroes the only ones with no family bonus.
Isnā€™t it time for the season 1 heroes to get their own, single, family?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t have all as one family as itā€™d be so easy to be using 3 especially with costumes etc would be open to similar to Atlantis, Vanaheim etc where all the heroes are in seperate families within the main group.

That said I donā€™t think there will really be any more changes to S1. The large adjustments from last year and costumes are pretty much all there will be for S1.

I do think there is also a thread this can probably be merged into to keep the votes together.

2 Likes

Season 4 has over 20 heroes all in the same family!

Circus and magic now has their own buffs for a single hero

The game will now play the theme song from ā€œCurb Your Enthusiasmā€ every time you have a Season One hero in your lineup.

If you use five, it will play ā€œYou Sufferā€ by Napalm Death, because thatā€™s how long youā€™d last.

3 Likes

At the risk of covering a lot of ground here, letā€™s start by saying a lot of what has been going on that imbalances the gameplay mechanic with certain heros has to do with family bonuses.

Stepping back, there are three battle novel modes that were introduced after S1 that teeter on the edge of breaking the gameplay paradigm (not the economic paradigm - we can all agree that is to extract as much money as possible from players):

1. Minions / Fiends
  2. Surplus healers
  3. Stacks

I plan to post another thread discussing these in detail, but for the current purpose, all I will say is that while these teeter on the edge, they mostly workā€¦ except something screwy like a family family bonus comes into play to render them OP against anything in S1 - e.g., a Slayer 3* + 4* kicking the snot out of a team with leveled S1 legendary heros because their stacks just fire spontaneously. Other stacks activate on getting hit. Some activate as part of a special skill. But not slayers - they just spontaneously pump up, and when in a family team, not with plausible odds like 5%/10%/15%ā€¦ nope, itā€™s up to 50% IIRC! Some stacks are even uncleansable.

So one solution would be to nerf the slayer family bonus to the former kind of numbers. But thatā€™s going to make people made who use them heavily and are ā€œinvestedā€. What I propose instead is to give S1 heros a family bonus. And specifically a family bonus that would counter an opponents stacks. I suggest for 3/4/5 S1 heros, those heros would get a 5%/10%/20% chance to clear all enemy stacks when firing their special skill.

I think that would also go a long way to player retention. One reason a lot of people quit this game is that they get fed up with dumping time and money into fodder. And as you progress, that fodder starts to become more and more expensive. After playing that game about 6-months, all 4* dupes, with some peculiar skill based exceptions become fodder. At around 1 year, all your S1 heros are fodder tooā€¦ thus the many persisent and loud calls for 5* re-train (and gripes about re-training into another useless S1 legendary dupe), as well as the soul exchange. Rather than coming up with time consuming and frustrating gimickry to transform fodder S1s to usefull heros, implementing a family bonus for S1 heros, specifically one that plugs a hole in the dike of OP stack-based gameplay, would go a long way to rebalance things in the right direction.

EDIT: Ugh - burried in a 2 year old thread. Iā€™m glad the mods are so efficient at keeping things on topic. When this thread was started there were no stacks. SO I AM REALLY GLAD I TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THAT UP FOR CONSIDERATION WHEN NOBODY IS GOING TO READ THIS WHO ISN"T ALREADY DECIDED ONE WAY OR OTHER ON THE ISSUE!!!

3 Likes

S1 heroes need a family bonus. They are the oldest family, show them some respect! :slight_smile: :rofl:

#respectyourelders

3 Likes

My opinion on this has remained pretty much the same. I think there would need to be a number of different families within S1 similar to Atlantis, otherwise itā€™d be far too easy due to number of heroes to get the family bonus

2 Likes

Yes you can have multiple families like S2and S3. Maybe 4-6 per family. I donā€™t care how SG divides them up as long as they get something

1 Like

Theyā€™d need a massive family boost to consider embleming again. Just like the hotm family boosts did basically nothing

Disagree on the HOTM family boosts. Those were A+ in my book. The 2017 mana, 2018 defense, and 2019 attack boosts in particular are amazing.

2 Likes

After new update I think S1 heroes deserve family bonus.

1 Like

I want to give this post a UP.

We need more people generating engagement, because the idea is spectacular!

1 Like

Hi Mauad, good to see you here!

I see that a balance (per family bonus) according to many suggestions here would be the most sensible.

Are you aware of anything in the SG roundmap?

1 Like

Thereā€™s something coming that rewards heroes (mana bonus IIRC) who donā€™t have family members on the team. Since S1 donā€™t have a family, they all automatically benefit from this. I donā€™t remember the details in the flurry of things coming out, but it might provide some reason to use S1ā€¦

1 Like

Yes, this. Anyway the best reason to use s1 heroes is to not have anything better to use :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

There are many that look like they should instead be adopted into one of the already existing families. There are many elves that look like they would belong in the Norse family elf group. You even meet them as boss enemies in season 3 and yet they still have no family bonus.

There are at least two season 1 dwarves that should be adopted into the dwarf family in season 3.

There are several pirate Heroes that have no family bonus and so I advocate that they either be adopted by the lagoon family or they be turned into a living pirate faction, to counterpart the undead pirate family that already exists.

I think that the best family skill would be reduction of damage against any other family. This would allow to make them more ballanced against any new heroes.

3/4/5 heroes of basic family = 5%/10%/15% reduction of damage