šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Updated Ninja Tower Event [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

I have updated the OP with the details for the last 25 impossible floors.

In progress Loot compared to Ninja Tower:

Progress Emblems
(Tower of Magic)
Coins
(Tower of Magic)
Emblems
(Ninja Tower)
Coins
(Ninja Tower)
Chests 80 65 80 65
Normal 48 33 46 31
Chest + Normal 128 98 126 96
Impossible 1-25 134 68 129 69
Chest + Normal + Impossible 1-25 262 166 255 165
Impossible 26-50 150 85 150 79
Total of all 412 251 405 244
5 Likes

Sooo, yet another event that is not meant to be finished by those who refuse to pay? Ok, count me in. :joy:

4 Likes

I just wish they added the class resistance to the Omni gems like they did with the wizardā€™s tower. That actually made the event fun to play. At least we got the OP blessingsā€¦

This new tower become harder, but Its reward become worse. Thatā€™s Unfriendly.

4 Likes

Like many other ppl, I use mono on challenge and tower events. It is the most straight forward way to beat all levels without thinking too much (pure grinding) and without an expansive roster.

Now SG is making it more challenging and apparently discouraging players from using monoā€¦ Guess I would only finish normal levels from now on. As long as I can still have access to the chest (with 4* item chance) when I finish normal, am fine with that.

Need to reduce my playing time on this game - this is increasingly like a 2nd job that I donā€™t get paid and yet I have to pay them from time to time. :rofl:

6 Likes

iā€™ve been reading this thread and thinking a lot about the difficulty spike.

i think itā€™s worthwhile to test where the current ceiling is for the player base. there was a time when no one could defeat a 10* titan, and now many alliances chain 14s. there was a time when defenses featured at best 3.70 legendaries, and now weā€™re on the verge of 5 max emblem and fully limit broken heroes on top defenses, with the only thing standing in the way being the lack of the dark Omega quest to this point.

from the looks of things, it does seem like itā€™ll be frustratingly difficult even for top players, but 1) thereā€™s no guarantee that it will stay this way and wonā€™t get toned down for future iterations of the tower if they decide to push through with the current difficulty spike and 2) thereā€™s also no guarantee that there isnā€™t some segment of the player base with the roster and strategy to tackle the event easily as itā€™s currently presented in beta.

i think itā€™s useful for SG to get a gauge on what the ceiling of the player base currently is. whatā€™s currently the hardest single event in the game to complete? the last level of the Omega quest, maybe? Valhallaā€™s last two levels on hard mode were pretty difficult, especially with how crazy the jump is for 36.9H in Valhalla from even just the previous level before the final bosses.

yes, itā€™s hard to compete against other players in things like the Challenge Event, but in terms of completion, with the right roster and strategy, most everything else in the game can be completed fairly easily, imo. the next Ninja Tower can be a revamped and useful insight into what the player base is currently capable of achieving as we get closer to the end of 2021.

if nothing else, i canā€™t wait to FINALLY spend my troop tokens!

1 Like

players complain about not being able to complete magic tower without payying
SG update ninja tower to the same stupid paywall, nice decision

and then they wonder why they are losing lot of active players every months
oh well those players are f2p so f*** em up, they care only about p2w

3 Likes

Tower of Magic was surprisingly fun, given the new structure and its mechanics. I was able to finish it entirely with a F2P roster, no game overs and no expensive battle items used.

This seems to be geared for an actual endgame challenge, and it would make sense to have that kind of eventā€¦

ā€¦if the prize was worth a damn.

As the rewards are going to be toned down, while everything else dialed up to 11, I donā€™t see the point of going in hard on the Ninja Tower and dropping hundreds of tornadoes/timestops (and perhaps even heavier artillery such as scrolls?) just for bragging rights.

It does feel like this is intended for whales, who arenā€™t really counting resources, and only care about topping the charts.

For me the emblems are a huge prize.

2 Likes

This is fair, emblems are premium goods that you canā€™t really expedite acquiring by paying.

That said, I am not entirely certain the number of emblems you get from the new, infinitely harder, 75-floor Ninja Tower is going to be any different from the original.

I have posted my gained emblems above:

So it is about 30 emblems for 50 gems at Impossible 26-50 assuming that you can complete everything in the towerā€¦

And now as I see from emblem perspective only these last 25 floorā€™s loot is not nerfed in Beta (+the chest loot remains the same too) :frowning:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve a question, but Iā€™ll ask later. Firstā€¦
Iā€™m a mono player not because of the short time battle, but because based on my roster Itā€™s the most effective way of playing. After more than 3 years I miss most of the mana manipulator (Iā€™ve only Merlin and tettukh) or overheal heroes (I miss even grevle :joy:), so going rainbow itā€™s not working for me, and I bet even for most of the players with f2p roster.
Now I canā€™t go mono, canā€™t use specials, the only viable strategy is to go with raibow healers?

The first iteration of NT I ended up at floor 44ish, and I said ā€œok, Iā€™m done, my board manipulation skills arenā€™t that good and my roster isnā€™t that deepā€. Next NT Iā€™ll play the same way, Iā€™ll end up where I end up, and say ā€œok, my board manipulation skills are quite good but my roster isnā€™t that deep, Iā€™m doneā€, even if I desperately needs emblema.
Is someone wants to spend gems/euros whatever in NT, theyā€™re welcome. Not for me.

And now the question. Why should I feel the need to spend money or time, given the pace of the new heroes release, the reducing prizes and the low odds?

On a side note: the fact that in 75 levels thereā€™s no news heroes but theyā€™re only in the portal, to me itā€™s a CLEAR sign of the effort SG is putting in developing new game content and the oneā€™s in new heroes to pull.
I think that of theyā€™ll give us more quality instead of quantity, a few people would be more encouraged to spend some money on the game.

And finally, huge thanks @PlayForFun for your jobā˜ŗļø

1 Like

Thanks for doing this @play4fun. Really appreciate your efforts.

My gut reaction is that by making it feel very similar to the ToM, it reduces some of the variety in the game and I think that is a shame. Iā€™ve enjoyed some of the different game mechanics in recent quests and map stages. I used to enjoy the curses aspect of NT. Now there just isnā€™t much unique about this event.

Iā€™ll still probably use my 50 free flags though! :slight_smile:

In the current state having 100% HP is not enough for late stages :frowning:
Even on the end of the first 25 Impossible floors the bosses can do 1.5-1.6k damage, which is almost an instant kill on any of your five star heroes at 100% HP.

You need minions to protect you.
In the previous beta build I have chosen the usual mana+attack options for blessings, and that was not good, as I have ran out of minion summoner heroes at Impossible floor 46-47 what are exists in my normal rooster.
So the the rest of floors were simple Impossible for me without the Chrismas heroes under testing.
I have gone with Krampus, Santa and Mother North on the last floors, and that helped me a lot so that I could finish them on the first attempt.

If this event comes back to Beta next week and there are changes , then I will try to choose defensive blessings (minon, HP and defense).

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing weā€™re talking about 5* heroes with a high troop level and 18+ emblems. Well, thanks again, another point to not invest so much time and items on new NT

2 Likes

1.5K ? Is it slash attack or skill attack ?

If they do not reduce the difficulty, then most likely I will not try to complete either.
I will just use my free flags.

Anyway I have started to level my Noor from 3/70 to 4/80 so that I have more minion summoners if I need them.

3 Likes

It was a special skill attack.
On the last few stages I have seen 1.7.-2.2k attacks on all of my heroes by a Ninja, which was and instant game over from me, as I had 0 minions.

The slash attack is ā€œjustā€ about 800 from the bosses at this high floors.
So if two of the bosses attack the same hero, then they can might take it out from 100% HP.
The mosters can do 5-600 attack.

These are very high numbers as my heroes have 2000+ defense due the defense stack related Rare blessing.

1 Like

Interesting changes, curious what it will feel like!

With the elemental resistance it seems quite clear that Rainbow will be the way to go. Or maybe 2-1-1-1 in certain cases. That does mean that the tile damage is greatly reduced as well.

With unwavering defense and absolute resolve it is hard to rely solely on specials to take out boss waves (rip my LB khagan). This means the damage relies on tile damage which is greatly reduced by going rainbow.

Does this conclude that heroes like Miki/Tarlak/Wu Kong/Sergei/Ranvir/Bertulf will be the big champions of this new NT? Since they offer a somewhat solution to the ā€˜I need tile damage but Iā€™m playing rainbowā€™.

I kind of look forward to the new ninja tower. These new changes definitely will force me to re-strategize how I play.

But I do not like that we now have to buy gems to finish the impossible questline.