šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the October 2021 HOTM -- Russell

right, but the fact that heā€™s a sniper and not a hit-all or even hit-three (especially at 350%) and at average speed, i think these facets of Russell mitigate the fact that he can gain 50% free mana in two turns or 75% in three. at 75% mana, you only need a single match, and at 50% mana, you need five tiles; a 25% mana boost drops that to four tiles. the fact that heā€™s not super punishing by himself, i think, makes him a good candidate for an innate ability like this one.

i think 5% is a good number for that ability. 10% would definitely be broken, and anything below 3% would be pointless. even with Emilio being a three-turn burn, three turns is an eternity to get hit by opposing defenses, to have enemies buff themselves with further ailment protection or minion shields, to cleanse the burn ailments, to overheal (or cleanse AND overheal in the case of Prof. Lidenbrock), or do a host of other things that can mitigate Russellā€™s ability to gain free mana off burn ticks and risk your offense being killed or timed out.

Nah. Slayers get mana and health every turn by doing nothing. S4 heroes skills are most insane + passive skills.

5% mana only if IN CASE thereā€™s an enemy burning is not that big deal. Frigg and Odin may kill your team in 3 turns even before Russel loads his mana for first time.

3 Likes

tangent: can we please normalize stating how much mana is gained from hero specials and passives? no more of this ā€œsmallā€ or ā€œmoderateā€ amount of mana stuff? even saying something like ā€œhalf a tile unitā€ is so much more helpful than ā€œsmallā€ or ā€œmoderateā€ amount of mana because at least we can easily put a number to something like that.

9 Likes

So, does that mean the maximum free mana he can receive over 1 turn with standard burning (which overwrites itself) is 25%?

But if he has a Sumle, or another hero, with the realm bonus that stacks, then itā€™s 50% per turn?

Sorry if itā€™s already stated, I canā€™t find it.
Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes, correct.
Maybe if there is some buff on the hero or stack, then maybe this can go up.

3 Likes

Agreed. Especially Kadilenā€™s special can dodge dispel as wellā€¦

Why am I thinking his artwork will be Seahawks colors?

Fire damageā€¦
Never misses the targetsā€¦
Mana builds as the enemies burnā€¦

Let Russ Cook

1 Like

I think the Burn mana bonus could be a significant factor, with the right stack. The Realm bonus isnā€™t reliable but 25% is still a nice boost. I wonder if there is a reliable stack because 50% would be awesome. I wrote a full review for Russell here. Thank you!

2 Likes

A reader of my post suggested that Asterius and his ā€˜Corrosive burnā€™ might stack. Is that something a beta tester could try out? Thank you.

This is from Asterius topic:

This means that there can be only a Burn or Corrosive Burn an opponent, but not both at the same time.

Unfortunately I do not had Asterius when this Russell is in Beta so I could not try this out.
I am not sure other Beta Testers have tested it or not.

Maybe someone with Costume Azlar and Asterius can test ithat out if an opponent can have two burns at the same time or not.

2 Likes

Thank you for that. It would just be cool if our Russell had that little bit extra, but Iā€™m not his agent so Iā€™ll drop it there!

I have used Asterius and Emilio.

Not sure if I fully understand butā€¦

Fired Asterius first.

Then Emilio.

Emilio gave burn to enemies without corrosive AND it triggered Emilio better special.

Did enemy have two burns ? As in burn from Asteruis and Emilio stacking .

Or did Emilio burn replace Asteriius corrosive burn (which would be odd cos corrosive burn ranks higher compared to normal burn, and should not be displaced by normal burn ) ?

Asterius burn remained, enemies that Asterius missed gained Emilio burn. Only 1 burn each enemy.

No stacking then. Thank you.

Why does it need to be a stack?

Innate Ability: Mana on Burn
This hero gains 5% mana each time an enemy receives Burn Damange

This suggest to me that every time a new burn overwrites the old burn there is a fresh mana gain

It actually says ā€œreceive burn damageā€ so of the opponent receive any time of burn damage, then Russell gets mana gain.
If there is a burn status ailment by Emilio, Azlar, etcā€¦ + the Realm effect, then each enemy will get 2 burn damages / turns so Russell get +10% mana gain per each alive enemies.

1 Like

Itā€™s just double the mana, so was interested. It might have meant, if you got him it was worth trying to get another hero, you otherwise wouldā€™ve ignored -that sort of thing.

What about synergizing with BT for the elemental link :grin: Iā€™d probably run him with BT, Wilbur, Anzogh, and [insert x hero] for a fun team. Maybe with cAzlar (a finisher/hit all)

So does he counter C Kadilen or not? I hear from beta testers 2 answers some say it does and some it doesnā€™t?
Can someone confirm?
Only beta testers reply please

2 Likes