šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the October 2021 HOTM -- Russell

Grazul and JF werenā€™t too shabby either (I know Iā€™m quite out on a limb with Reuben so Iā€™ll ignore that one :thinking: :upside_down_face:)

4 Likes

Lol. What case can be made for Reuben?

I have a non-maxed Reuben. :rofl:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a weak one but there is a small nicheā€¦

Lack of cleansers for war depth.
Reducing undispellable DoT from the likes of C Azlar and Jabberwock
Against Bera where you can cleanse and then have the poison dot again next turn
If you play mono but donā€™t have Zimkitty ( there may now be another red cleanser, but canā€™t think of one off hand.)
Bloody battle where you donā€™t have a cleanser other than a healer.

3 Likes

:+1:

I think you make a good case for Reuben. For me, Reuben could be considerably better if he wasnā€™t cleric class. It has too many useful healers, plus Malicna. :wink:

Back on topic, Iā€™d welcome this HOTM to my roster if he appears. Thinking ahead, I could split my saved EHTs to pull in October and November for Halloween, depending on what the November HOTM looks like.

3 Likes

I think this will be my strategy as well. If the clowns are back in October, Iā€™ll be pulling there, too. Landing consecutive HotM would be pretty nice, if November is decent. I know @PlayForFun will get us that info as soon as he has it.

4 Likes

Agree. All in on Halloween till get this guy.

3 Likes

grazul and JF are GOOD heroes, on pair with zim

2 Likes

So, some love this hero, some donā€™tā€¦ seems like SG finally made a HOTM that fits current meta and actually does something (Devana was awesome but not really special). Good job!

(I think he will be fantastic in the right team and love the synergy with Wu).

I also think Yang is serviceable but not good like Zim is. IMHO.

Iā€™m absolutely sorry for not mentioning Grazul and JF. I could promise Grazul were WAAAAY older and totally forgot about Jean. My bad. Everything Reuben deserves is to be ignored tho.

For me, his biggest problem is his class, honestly. Why a soft hitter with his innate resistance would be a cleric? Even worst: who would let a healer unemblemed for giving emblems for him? In counterpart, he canā€™t even hit hard without emblems. One of the worst and badly planned HOTM imo.

Iā€™m absolutely sorry for not mentioning Grazul and JF. I could promise Grazul were WAAAAY older and totally forgot about Jean. My bad x2.

Now that youā€™ve mentioned Wuā€¦ Thatā€™s sound exciting. :laughing:

Even ifā€¦ Hm I still think he serves WAY more than non costume Marjanaā€™s weak damage and miserable dot. Her stats are also not suitable for a sniper so Iā€™d trade my 2 maxed Marjanaā€™s for one 1/1 Russel.

2 Likes

I have just received clarification from Staff.
If your Elradir reflects damage caused by burn status ailment, then your Russel should not gain mana as enemy does not receives the burn damage but Elradirā€™s ā€œReflect Damage from Status Ailmentsā€ which is a different status effect.

6 Likes

Hmm, disappointing, but sort of logical.

For Russellā€™s special skill of 350%, what is the ballpark of the damage we can expect?

I have left him talented like this:

When the opponent does not have any defense related status ailments, then I have seen 550-720 as dealt damage on the opponents.

5 Likes

Nice as i have GM and Emilio @ +20.

Is the mana gained upon enemies receiving burn damage really every turn? Thatā€™s pretty suspicious, and quite ridiculous. I thought this was
only the initial burn damage received.

Yes, he is received mana every turn when there is a burn damage received by any enemies.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t that be a really broken skill then?

1 Like

at 5% mana on each burn tick, i donā€™t think itā€™s broken at all. Russellā€™s a sniper and burn DOT dealer. the ā€œsniperā€ part is what makes me think that amount of mana as part of the innate ability isnā€™t broken at all.

Itā€™s not about the burn damage he does, but when paired with other heroes that can provide a consistent burn damage. Emilio, JF, GM, they can pretty much support him until he fires

1 Like

Last great red was Noor.

1 Like