đŸ§Ș Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

Rabbit->Joon doesn’t quite get the job done vs Jackal->Joon.

3 Likes

Thank you. How much less damage are we looking at? Like 200ish overall?

Neighborhood of 20% less is what it’s looking like.

Yikes. With the new Def down titan item coming if it is even nearly sustainable (I’m guessing it’s fairly expensive, but so are poons, and they’re manageable) that’s going to really degrade his utility. Still pretty cool, but def down is a lot less useful than the atk down like Alice has for PvP if it doesnt break that threshold.

1 Like

Yeah
on the other hand, battle items aren’t useable in PvP, and it’s non-dispellable and renews with heals. So it’s incredibly powerful for people who run 3-2 or 2-2-1. Plus, the splash damage is nothing to sneeze at.

How useable do you see him as in pvp at high level? All 5* are solid in plat or lower, but mid diamond and up is different. The high end heroes that currently hit 3 and see play like Drake all have a seemingly much more significant secondary effect.

I would very much agree with that assessment. He is the Gretel to Alice’s Hansel. I wouldn’t pitch a fit if I got him, but I see him as markedly less useful than Drake. He’s an AW second flag rather than a first team player.

1 Like

By the numbers damage looks like 350ish to 3, maybe 400-450 on defense. Might be a few points higher than drake, but a multi target blind for a random single target def down seems like a steep price.

1 Like

My take too.

@Kerridoc, @Wharflord, I think you were a bit more positive than I. Would you be willing to share your thoughts?

3 Likes

We’ve wandered pretty far from talking about the new Pirates! Anyway, yes, I like the functional design of the White Rabbit quite a lot. (I hate the artwork.) Kinda an upside-down version of Alice, in the same way that Zimkitha is the inverse of but similar to Zeline. I would like to see Rabbit do more initial damage, but the refresh-on-heal defense debut is great, particularly in wars with Enemy Aid.

The new Pirates are harder to judge. The purple snake handler is great; fun and innovative design. Finlay is also an interesting design, like Captain of Diamonds, but is seriously and brokenly overpowered. Facing a team with any team-wide buff, he becomes a fast-mana Isarnia. They’ll have to change him before release, so I’ll reserve judgement until the next iteration.

What saddens me about all these new heroes is to realize how unlikely I am to have them (in production). I’ve gotten many of the event 5*s over the years, and given the incredibly low odds of pulling one of these new ones, it’s hard for me to justify the cost. As one of my allies noted, the expected cost of Finlay equals the cost of a level 30 troop–but at the end, you know you’ll have the level 30 troops.

7 Likes

Fortunately this thread is about all of the new Challenge Event heroes, not just the new Pirates. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

<mutters about impossibly long thread titles>

8 Likes

SEO :man_shrugging:

<wish I had more control over post formatting>

3 Likes

Mutters something about abbrevs :smiley:
PoC, W, PoT, KoA, FoG :smiley:

So: Early info on new heroes for all 5 events :smiley:

@Kerridoc @zephyr1

1 Like

PoT? Wouldn’t it be GoT? What is the P?