šŸ§Ŗ Early information on the May 2024 HOTM -- Bo & Runt [Part of The Beta Beat V66]

Didnā€™t checked for awhile thought I might get surprised but, lolā€™ed, another underwhelming HOTM.

Start at 400% average speed. Assume you fire off a minions summoner before him, so +5 minions. Thatā€™s +125%?

So now we have a ā€œaverage speedā€ ā€œsingle targetā€ hitter that only hit 525%. And thatā€™s only if he gets helped by another hero. Otherwise he will hardly ever hit that hard by himself. Great idea for another useless HOTM, SG are killing it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

This hero feels like SG focused on ā€œRuntā€ and said ā€œWe can do thatā€.

Not only does ā€œBo and Runtā€ not synergize well with the team, he doesnā€™t really synergize with himself. Only one minion (a good one, but still, just one) and his conditional improvements depend on his team having minions. The attack buff is also, only for himself and not helping the team. Was thinking that this may have been ok in 2017 but my mind wanders back to Hel, Athena and I realize not even back then.

1 Like

They love having these heroes with pets, are we going to have a Mighty Pet with a pet dwarf?

Is this the lead up to the famous dragons being introduced to the game, oh perhaps not!

1 Like

Ro and Bunt would be a better name

1 Like

what are your names?
Maciurella and Forum_Community
What would you like to get form the church?
A christening
What is childā€™s name?
B&R
Ok, for now on, his name is B&R
Iā€™m giving you this name in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. #52rarequestesayear

So for now one everyone calls them B&R

1 Like

I could really use a green project and so Iā€™m very disappointed in this hotm. There so many minion removers, not to mention strong, fast red snipers who can ensure this guy is just mediocre. There are some good suggestions above for improvement, I hope one of them happens.

I see a number of suggestions and I feel like this hero isā€¦ close to something. Perhaps if the passive prevented all minion removal? That would be a new and interesting mechanic.

At the moment, the big selling point here will be the HotM raw stats creep. Otherwise, Iā€™d say Eiora & Fluffy (Average sniper, removes minions from one, deals 600%, punishes other minion-ed heroes with max health reduction) looks betterā€¦

but, of course

Eiora & Fluffy 4/80 has stats 786/751/1400
Bo & Runt 4/80 listed with stats 1021/887/1528

So maybe Eiora has better Special, but is kinda like a 4* hero by base stats comparisonā€¦ and maybe B&R donā€™t look so bad when you take the base numbers into consideration.

(Yeah, sure, B&R arenā€™t going to compete with the latest ConstructOwlElfOpera whatever, but thatā€™s arguably not the job of HotM anyway.)

These days, at least for some players, HotM might seem to fill a role of ā€œif you have a roster full of old heroes, you maybe want a bunch of current HotM even with kinda rando Specials, because the stats are getting hilariously better than the 2-3yr old heroes you have built up.ā€

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Guan Yuā€™s new best friend.

Just because he resists minion removal? Silvaria does as well, and she at least adds something to the team. Telluria has the same passive too, by the way.

I said that because Guan Yu gives defense down to those with minions, then Bo brings the pain. Nothing to do with minion removal, because thatā€™s where Liu Bei would greatly benefit Bo. and this makes my Ekanite exchange even better.

He gets 5% per summoned Minion so him being average means nothing and playing him with average minion summoners seems like a bad idea when you can play him with fast/very fast minion summoners who significantly speed him up. Looks like a very cool Hotm.

1 Like

I am completely unconvinced by this May HOTM. I think Roughian & Nurgib is stronger in almost every respect.

What makes Bo & Runt ā€œnot badā€ is the modern stats.

1 Like

We were testing dragonspire last beta and they had said during that first phase of testing they planned on going through several more beta releases so they can iron out all issues and release the dragons when they feel its perfectā€¦ its going to be several more months i think before we see DoD

2 Likes

Is this attack boosted stacked with buffs if attack up and rage?

After the inevitable nerf I wonder how useless this hotm will become.

Iā€™m in zero rush.

Theyā€™ll be live in 2 daysā€¦
and I still have no Zarga, but 2 Gladiuses and 2 Babushkas :sob:
Anyway I would like him tooo

If it makes you feel any betterā€¦ it feels like you build a team around him for zarga to be goodā€¦ but sheā€™s not special enough to warrant building a team around herā€¦

Closed as the hero is released.

You can continue discussing this hero here: