🧪 Early information on the March 2024 HOTM -- Anoushka [Part of The Beta Beat V64]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the March 2024 HOTM, Anoushka

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Anoushka Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Fancy name: The Reclusive Seeress

Power: 923

Attack: 861
Defense: 943
HP: 1664

Element: :new_moon_with_face: Dark (Purple)

Class: Druid
Family: Legends 2024
Aether Power: Regen

Innate Resistance: Resist Blind
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that affect accurancy. Doesn’t apply to status effects from allies

Innate Ability: Health Recovery on Status Ailment Received
This character recovers 10% health when they receive a status ailment or negative stack.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Strange Incense

• Recover 25% health for all allies.
  • Steals all dispellable buffs from the target and randomly distributes them on allies.
  • The target falls asleep.
  • While asleep, the target can’t attack or gain mana.
  • All damage dealt to the sleeping target is increased by 40%.
  • The sleeping target is woken once it takes damage. This excludes damage from Minions and Fiends.
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +10% additional Special Skill damage for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master beta-beat thread:

6 Likes

This hero is too strong, not needs a nerf on release!

Should that be “Rage” or “Regen” ?

imho, sleep as designed now is pretty silly, if it weren’t for the % increased damage. They could keep the 40% like a Franz-special skill, get rid of the other sleep features and noone would notice or call for a nerf. It would be a buff, at least the increased damage could last longer and be actually useful outside a one-two combo.

1 Like

There needs to be a maximum threshold for sleep. Maybe a max of 500 damage before it wakes up. Especially nowadays when there are many sources of attacks that deals small amounts of damage like the Zappy tiles and Damage from passives. Sleep getting knocked away due to one irrelevant zappy tile damage is inexcusable

4 Likes

A Druid healer. In November we had a Druid and in December we have a healer. Good way to have players lose interest and get a more lukewarm response before release.

Be real, this is another useless HOTM, increasing the lines in the special doesn’t make him useful. Lots of things going on, nothing useful.

Average speed heal 25%? Lol🤣

Average speed steal buff from 1, that’s inferior to both Hatter and the yellow HOTM awhile back and that’s VF and steal mana

Sleep :rofl:, we had a HOTM that do sleep how did that go? Where is he now?.. I thought so :rofl::rofl: Another mechanic like Potion from Cookie, double down on a useless status, SG just want to put useless stuff on hero they don’t care. How many event 5* are out there, how many does sleep? Oh I see :rofl::rofl:

This is a hattrick, 3 months in a row this coming new year for 3 useless HOTM, GJ :beer::rofl:

13 Likes

I leave this here, for a friend

5 Likes

25% for average is just awful.

9 Likes

Ya and we thought Leadria was bad, little do we know HOTM gets weaker as we go while event hero gets more and more OP to no ends :rofl:

4 Likes

Im thinking that way too, unless is 25% boosted health.

They should do like with some other effects and just do “The target falls asleep [?]”, with the [?] telling you about the mana and waking mechanics.

I have questions:

• Does DoT before sleep also amplify by 40% ?
  • if DoT damage while target sleep, does target wake up?

Yes, it will be a one time damage

2 Likes

Ithar+Balbar combined at once.
Again I seem like SG have no idea for the new heroes

1 Like

Well… These hotms help fill my soul exchange queue. I’d rather have a useful hotm… But at least i have a purpose for the mediocre ones.

3 Likes

I got Leadria. I did not get Neema or Cinisia, and I hate fighting them.

I’ll probably pull Anoushka.

gets ready to summon mightily in February, sit on hands during the entire month of March

2 Likes

I think we can improve so that this hero won’t feel like a 3rd wheel on the team.

25% heal - we can go with that but please make it boosted health, if not make at least 40% heal (but let’s be honest we need a hotm that can boost without minions)
Steals buff from a specific target - this is confusing for me, why doesn’t it steal from all the enemies? Or let’s combine it with the heal, +10% heal for each stolen buff from the target
And 40% dmg received by the target while it is in ghost mode, so that is a one time thing because the target will wake up after it receives dmg from a special skill since tiles go through it, but might be a good combo with heroes who place fiends on enemies.

So main improvement since this hero is average, must be done on the heal part, 25% heal sincerely for an average hotm is not good.

1 Like

playing on 3 - 2, use her then hit a good sniper with 500% damage or more, simply kill the target, excellent heroine, I want to get it

1 Like

I wish she was red instead. There are some excellent red 5* healers but my best red 5* healer is grazul

1 Like