đŸ§Ș Early Information on the August 2020 HOTM (Zocc)

:hugs: :kissing_heart: Yes, that’s better. :laughing:

2 Likes

In principle, I understand everything about Zokk. Only in attack and only manual control. What I’m really interested in is how this will work on Titan. Titan has no random allies.

In that case, mindless attack attacks self. I use Merlin in my team against yellow titans.

2 Likes

Wow!!! This is fun! ))))

He may be decent in a pretty limited roster

But if i was personally going to use a single target green hero

Lianna
Kingston
Hansel
Peters

Would all be in line before him

If i was going to use an average mana green
Telluria
Locke
Atomos
Tarlak
Hatter

Would be in line before him

So maybe players without those options at fast single target or average mana AoE or heals, would find him useful but for players with those options he’s pretty meh and my 16 tonics will stay where they are

4 Likes

Mindless attack works the same on titan. Every so often I take Alfrike to a titan and when she hits with the mindless attack and the titans mana gets full
it hits itself and mana drops to zero. Mindless attack allows for an enemy to hit itself.

2 Likes

Thank you, I understand. This piqued my interest even more. )))) And I really wanted to try it with norna. At least out of curiosity. )))

2 Likes

Alfrike has bit of the same issue being very slow

Why take her if someone can take merlin, hel, proteus, or ursena?

This is where the “this hero sucks” vibes come from that players aren’t seeming to grasp

Heroes are typically judged compared to other heroes that play similar roles

And alfrike would fire much slower than any of those but serve same purpose only in pvp the battle is already won and in titans a faster speed is more likely to be charged again without mana pots by the time current effect wears off

It’s been that way with noor, myztero, etc

So when players ask “why are players bashing each new hero that comes out”, it’s because devs set the bar a certain level for these different utilities and damagers and now they’re on the back slope cause they couldn’t figure out how to push higher without f***in everything up

Which back to topic
Is the same criticism we’ll see about zocc(fwiw way back when, i thought a 5* merlin would be op but that was before devs raised the bar and introduced other mana control options besides hel, merlin)

1 Like

Absolutely true, I just like to mix it up for the hell of it.

1 Like

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Greenpeace representatives, I will give you an example. Purely feminine, but I hope this will be clear. We have cold winters. Warm clothing is required in winter. I would like to have a chinchilla coat. It is very warm, light and beautiful. But I do not have the financial opportunity to buy a chinchilla fur coat, so I go in winter in a down jacket or a fur coat made of Arctic Fox. And I’m fine with it. )))) You know what I mean? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I figured as much

Was a reply to you but was more directed at anyone else who might read this thread since I’ve seen posts lately that claim “players aren’t happy if a hero isn’t OP” which isn’t true

We just want a reason to use a new hero over some of the old ones. Sure for new(er/ish/whatever) players, damn near every hero that comes out is useful for them. I get that. But for veterans a lot of new(er/ish/whatever) heroes just don’t have a real practical use outside of “variety to mix it up”

1 Like

I think basically you’re saying you have to use the heroes you’re given and can’t always use the heroes you would prefer?

Which is fair and i can’t really argue that

1 Like

All good @Rigs, know what you mean and certainly no offense taken.

Agreed on that point. Why would anyone want a broken game at the expense of one hero?

1 Like

I think most wouldn’t

I think I’ve ran into some that would just cause some really don’t think about the game as a whole or have any regard for any other players. They just think about “i spent blah blah, new hero should conquer all” bs mentality. Few and very far between but every once in awhile i do see one where all i can do is laugh and wonder “wtf is wrong with this guy” then poke the bear until they fade away

1 Like

The average speed on this hero is the issue for him.
Too weak.

I’m wondering how much money SG is loosing since these last 3 months with the new HOTMs.

Raffael garbage.
Noor garbage.
Zocc garbage.

Not bad for me. Very happy for not looking for these heroes.

2 Likes

“Corona-Special” heroes is probly how I’d group them

2 Likes

I immediately compare Zocc to Kingston and something is missing imo. Kingston hits one harder and drops attack on up to 3 for four turns and all at fast mana. I know SG is likely just keeping Zocc in line with mindless hero special mana speed precedents (like Merlin), but he just seems underwhelming.

1 Like

But isn’t it a universal truth? If you are a veteran in anything very few things can bring you much excitement. IMHO, for long term players I would not expect more than 3-4 heros in a year, that could really shake their game play
 The exponential decline of excitement when new hero is released is the most natural thing

1 Like

They should rename him “copyright infragment”, as his keyblades are just a replica from the lingering will of Kingdom Hearts.

Ends_of_the_Earth_KHIIFM

Even the “Keyblade storm/vortex” is a skill used by Xehanort (the bad guy) in a Kingdom Hearts trailer.

Oh my god, even his pose (one arm behind his back) is the same!

The more i look at it, the worse it become!

Meanwhile, if you are like me a sort of mid-to-low range spender who has been playing the game for less than 2 years, the answer to “why would you bring Alfrike instead of
” is that I don’t have Hel or Ursena, and had probably already used Proteus and Merlin in an earlier war or Tavern stage. I won’t be using Alfrike, though, as I don’t have her either

1 Like