šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Secret Heroes and Secret Summon [Part of The Beta Beat v66]

Not sure, but it seems the % is always the same except when insanity number is 100, where SS would be casted automatically and at 100% insanity chance.

Thatā€™s how I interpret it, but may be wrong.

Iā€™d assume Insanity level is the chance of reversing the target. But we need feedback from Beta to know for sure.

Anyway, this whole Insanity mechanic seems totally Insane. Few specials and, assuming it is how I stated, it will turn whole match into a mess. Healing enemies, nuking allies, reminds me of FFIV DS battle with Dr. Lugae and his Reversal gas ā€¦

2 Likes

Guys this will break the game as it isnā€™t broken alreadyā€¦. If they leave them like this. I am in beta. Did the testingā€¦ insanity fā‚¬#% your team at 100. You start to heal your opponent and damage your team. 0.1% chance to pull one. I did more than a thousand pulls. Nothing.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like an interesting new mechanicā€¦not holding my breath to pull any one or more of them, kinda reminds me of the Springville self-inflicted damage clause. Still will be interesting to see the end results.
Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Was about to ask how ā€œInsanityā€ works, and after reading it, Iā€™m still of the position that Springvale heroes can have their negative effects every time they cast removed. It sounds similar to that except itā€™s a random chance thing that kinda make these heroes undesirable, even the weird choice to add a revival hero thatā€™s more than the current 48% chance of reviving heroes AND have them heal more than, presumably, 33% HP.

Iā€™m still curious if these heroes and this portal is connected to Enigmo and Myztero, two heroes that currently have and mean nothing for the longest time or will they be, what Iā€™m dubbing, ā€œEventless heroes,ā€ that get added because yā€™all need a new thing to add to the game but wonā€™t even put effort to put them in an event, quest, or season/map associated with their existences?

3 Likes

Wellā€¦

if you mean ā€œnot existā€ in terms of many of us having any real chance to pull them, sure.

But if you mean you raid in Diamond at all, much less dare even occasionally mid-Diamond?

I assume theyā€™ll show up on raid defenses, double limit broken, and be ubiquitously offered as raid matchups about 14 femtoseconds after release, not unlike, oh, Starwalker at BF summon or any Super Ultra Mega Elemental 5* deemed sufficiently interesting by Those Who Pull.

The only real question is how much this will result in ā€œtime to drop a few more cups foreverā€ and how much these heroes will 99% live on teams already comprised of heroes I Do Not Fight already :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Lol that is the definition of 0.1% but thanks for confirming that maths is still real :smiley:

1 Like

all the secret heroes have their pointer finger over their lips and one hand over their eyes?

But if you mean you raid in Diamond at all, much less dare even occasionally mid-Diamond?

Eh, at that point it just gets tossed into the ā€œI canā€™t deal with thatā€ pile, it doesnā€™t matter if the picture shows a goblin, an owl or some Lovecraft thing (which Iā€™m assuming these are, given the skill names and the insanity status).

3 Likes

I didnā€™t get what this insanety is and how it works even with PlayForFun explanations

Iā€™m better wait to see it in the game

2 Likes

The way it works would be like this:

• Hero Aā€™s Special Skill reads:
    ** Caster buffs all allies with +atk%.
  • Hero A gains 10 insanity.
  • Hero A now has a chance for their skill to do the following:
    ** Caster buffs all enemies with +atk%.
  • Hero Aā€™s insanity is reduced when healed until it resets to 0 insanity, which makes their skill stay at buffing only allies.

Though, humorously, if the gimmick can apply to ther Heroes in the team, Wilbur, for example, would actually give allies -44% defense and enemies +63% defense. Insanity also seems to function weirdly like Mindless Attack/Healing Gift, where at 100 Insanity, the skill is auto-cast and does the ā€œflippedā€ skill.

1 Like

Eh, yeah, look, to a large degree I agree: Iā€™m not sure that the mechanic matters a lot to me if

• Iā€™m never going to get one of these heroes

• Iā€™m simply going to have to avoid fighting these heroes too whenever given the choice and

• when fighting these heroes is unavoidable, Iā€™m operating under the ā€œdonā€™t let this hero fire, ever, either via mono tile damage or sniper damage or lockdown abilities if any of the latter workā€ assumption that allowing the hero to fire is Just Bad (somewhere between ā€œteam is now crippledā€ and ā€œteam is sooner-than-instantly deadā€)

I meanā€¦ I kinda get the idea of the reversal thing, but inflicting Insanity already seems kinda, well, insane.

At a glance, I suppose healing-over-time is in principle a little more valuable (as is any passive or family bonus or element link that hands out free healing for certain events), if every instance of healing, not matter how small, reduces Insanity.

I can only opine that at this point in the game, literally introducing Insanity seems in retrospect an almost too obvious move :stuck_out_tongue:

IMG_1735

3 Likes

Very uncertainty heroes who mustā€™ve been paired with HoT healer.

1 Like

Played around with them a bit in beta.
These will be bad heroes to use in map stages when you use auto. The insanity will kick in and could cost you the run.

When using, youā€™ll have to be conscious about when and how you use them. Arguably they may require the most strategy. What allies, when to use their special, when do you wait?
The first time you use it, all good, itā€™s a clean shot. In many situations it may be enough that you only need to use their special once (perhaps in a mono with other strong heroes).

Secret hero 4 having 100% revive can be very handy. But my favorite might be secret hero 1. Once those fiends pile up, the enemies will be stuck in an insanity loop. He single handedly won me a fight one on 5 (my tp of 5378 v enemy of 6400 (I only have him at 4/80)).

10 Likes

Indeed. The red one fiend maker is the most brutal. Sadly we cannot post videos for you guys to see. Cuz in couple of turns with 3 fiends on all heroes all your enemies go insane and shoot temselves or heal or buff you. Devs got one thing right. This is INSANITY!

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing that the passive that prevents mindless attack and such doesnā€™t work against insanity? Is there anything that blocks the effect or prevents the state?

Can it be reflected by Hawthorn, Goldie or Kitty?

This line just puzzled me a bit. How can it be dispelled or cleansed? On the one hand this statement makes it sound like insanity is a status effect and in that case I guess it has to be an ailment? Or does it count as a buff when placed on your own heroes? Otherwise I donĀ“t see how dispel can be an option that needs to be excluded.

On the other hand it being an ailment would mean that it can be reflected by Goldie etc, since that has not been explicitly mentioned when they mention ā€œcannot be cleansedā€.

But well this whole insanity thing is mostly of academic interest :smiley:

Why are they assigned genders. You cant say poop. Yet,they assign genders. Perhaps some folks take offense at that.

I tried with Goldie. It does not reflectā€¦

1 Like