šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 2 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v29]

I think you hit the nail on the head on costumes for average speed heroes, it makes such an incredible difference to shave one tile off that on that basis alone it could be worth it. Stats boosts are a great bit of icing on the cake.

2 Likes

Ok, not really done anything with my costumes other than for Richard 5* Ice who has a maxed costume.

I will get around to maxing the costumes even if itā€™s only to improve the stats of the original hero.

But my question is, of the existing Round one hero costumes, is there a list of must always use? ie always better in costume rather than without one

Thanks

1 Like

closest to that, I think, is @Guvnorā€™s topic here: Costumes... Whats the Point? Which is Better?

3 Likes

I donā€™t think so, though Iā€™ll second the Guvnor thread thatā€™s already been linked. I would have said Boldtusk should never be costumed, but now vs. Telluria tanks itā€™s possible he may fare better as a Monk in that one situation. I think I remember thinking Joon costume would always be better than Joon regular, but I donā€™t have it so I havenā€™t looked at it for a while.

2 Likes

I actually prefer the original Joon for the higher blind %.

2 Likes

Useless would prefer her original. Or maybe should make her the opposite of her original.
Become
*All enemies get -50% defense of special skill.

Really really weak / slow version of GraveMaker.
The best is make him hit all. Instead of 3 people.
You can make Clarissa first to hit all with very fast Mana but Azlar only hit 3? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well you will never see for sure people use this costume with so many Green dispeller.
Would be nice if you change him at least 100% counter and plus taunt for 4 turn (we supposed to have 4 stars taunt Hero now)

Another weak style with compare to Original LiXiu with costume which is fast now with only lvl 5 Mana troop.
He is not very promising. The best to cut 25/30? Or maybe other effect.

1 Like

@zephyr1 Do you have any sense when these new costumes will be released? Do you think testing will be done before the next costume event?

Probably a safe bet. Iā€™m sure pulls on this months costume portal went down since the likelihood of pulling nothing but dupes was extremely high with the lack of available costumes. You can tell this is their attempt to get more pulls on the costume portal.

3 Likes

It seems plausible that they could be ready for the 20th, albeit a little rushed.

We should have more of a sense of that in the coming week, based on how much revision there is in Beta.

3 Likes

Please just make Azlar fast or average speed and you have all my money coming your way. This change at slow will be just as trash in my opinion.

For what it is worth, Elkanenā€™s costume has been underwhelming in beta at best. Defensively Iā€™ve seen comparison of him to Drake. While true that they hit similarly (Drake does hit harder though), what people are missing is that Drake is not a great defender simply for his damage output, his blind creates some very tough decisions for opponents as to whether or not to fire their attacks and can cause tiles to miss and drastically shift the outcome of the game in that way.

On the other hand, Elkanen provides a smaller hit and the secondary ability is almost never going to alter the outcome of a match in your favor. Because of this, you will see others mentioning his beefyness and suggesting him as a tank. What costume proponents are failing to mention to the public (aside from the fact that even under ideal circumstances he isnt a big momentum swing) is that the vampirism disappears as soon as Elkanen dies. So, basically his secondary ability only has any effect if you charge your healers (the overwhelming majority of which are average or slow speed), have failed to kill him with tiles at that point, AND forget to kill Elkanen with the specials from the rest of your team that have almost certainly charged at that point before using your healer (unless youā€™re running a whole team of slow hitters and average healers. Weird team comp, but i guess Elk is a hard counter to that setup)

8 Likes

On the flip side, I pulled a bunch this month because 1) wanted Rigard costume before the pool got diluted (success), 2) to try and get Telluria (no, but did during Valhalla).

Iā€™ll go back to using only free keys and hoping to get 5*. But few are as big of standouts as Rigard, Mel, and Sonya in the first round. But maybe weā€™ll see a month or two in.

Offensively, costumed Elkanen deals a whopping :roll_eyes: ~325 damage to up to three heroes. Yes, he hits harder if you have Evelyn and debuff the opponent first, but so does every green. Also, having it be mandatory that you have a specific HotM from well over a year ago to make Elkanen not perform like a joke isnā€™t exactly a selling point, if we are being honest.

37dbb1ec81e93f48d655e8e9f3d45fc2

The heal steal will also not be relevant, as healers will either be the tanks (whom you will almost certainly kill if you charge your heroes first, preventing them from firing, or will fire before Elk avoiding the vampirism) or they will be a reviver at the wing whom youā€™d rather kill than try to steal health from.

1 Like

Some really interesting costumes here! Canā€™t wait to see how they preform and what they look like, hopefully I pull a couple of the new ones.

Why is Karil, an ice rare, doing fire damage? Shouldnā€™t that be water, lol!

The only occasion when Elkanenā€™s costume could be quite good is on offence in wars with Field Aidā€¦

What are the Beta testersā€™ impressions about other not-so-good looking costumes? Azlar, LJ, Isshtak for instance.

As for the really terrible onesā€“Boril, Prisca, Renfeldā€“I really hope that they will be substantially different next round.

Kadilen costume could be 48% attack buff instead of 30%. It is really underwhelming the way it is right now. Or if they keep 30% then they could make her a cleanser. So she would be a green version of Zimkitha. She would be really good and worth the tonics (I like her, but I know sheā€™s got a few haters).

1 Like

I just see in this addition of new costumes more difficulties to get Vivicaā€™s costume :'(.
They are bad in the vast majority (except maybe Kash and Caed) and are not worth a pull.

1 Like

Writing Azlar off too quickly. With the costume bonus and a decent Mana troop (17 or higher), he drops to almost average speed (close to 11 tiles, I think, with level 17 troop) if you go full attack and Mana node in emblems (the Mana node in paladin is in the same spot as barbarian). Plus 5% attack.

So no, not fast, but much better than slow, and heā€™ll now fire closer to BT and Wilbur in a red stack if you put the work in and lack gravy or JF. As someone who has neither, Iā€™d take that.

These costumes feel very pve based. Not that I would probably pull any as ftp but of the original heros I use a lot that could do with more work:
I think Kadilen could be +48% over 3 turns
Azlars dot changed to be over 3 turns for 550 dmg
Little John turned to a 3 target mindless attack cos 16% reduction on slow has got to be a joke

Would be interested on the beta feedback on those 3 in current form

1 Like

Beta Update

Costumes have been updated with the following changes:

• Sartana ā€“ Damage increased; 512% ā†’ 532%
  • Kadilen
    • Removed effect; +30% attack buff to all allies for 3 turns
    • Added effect; All allies get +56% chance to dodge special skills for 3 turns. Each dodge summons a Sakura Fox minion*
      • NOTE: this has been confirmed as a bug, and itā€™s supposed to be a Thorn minion with +15% HP and +15% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Azlar
    • Damage increased; 155% ā†’ 205%
    • Added effect; Deals 410% damage if the target has less than 50% health remaining.
  • Domitia
    • Removed effect; The caster and nearby allies get +64% defense against Holy for 3 turns.
    • Poison damage increased; 84 ā†’ 324
  • Boril
    • Range increased from caster and nearby to all allies
    • Turns active decreased; 8 turns ā†’ 4 turns
  • Little John
    • Removed effect; Reduces the mana of all enemies by 16%
    • Added effect; The caster and nearby allies have from +30% to +70% chance of dodging special attacks that do damage. The higher the damage from the special is, the higher the chance to dodge it. Each dodge gives a moderate amount of mana to the target. The effect lasts for 4 turns.
  • Prisca
    • Range increased to ā€œminor damage to nearby enemiesā€
    • Damage decreased; 255% ā†’ 205%
    • Heals caster for damage dealt decreased; 35% ā†’ 30%
  • Renfeld
    • Range increased to ā€œminor damage to nearby enemiesā€
    • Removed effect; Heals caster for 65% of damage dealt
    • Added effect; The caster steals generated mana of the target and the nearby enemies over 4 turns starting low and increasing every turn until on the last turn all the generated mana is stolen. This effect canā€™t be dispelled, but gets removed if the caster dies.
  • Isshtak
    • Damage increased; 150% ā†’ 185%
    • Removed effect; Stack: The caster gets +10% attack. The maximum size of stack is 10.
    • Added effect; The target and nearby enemies get -44% defense for 4 turns.
24 Likes