šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 1 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Nor, will she be useful on offense. Sadā€¦

1 Like

It seems odd that most videos I have watched where people say Telluria is easy to beat use Telluria on offense. That alone to me shows the mana slow is just too big of a weapon. No one is saying she unbeatable, but if you donā€™t have certain heroes you can generally tell when the opening board pops on your screen whether you have a chance or not. I donā€™t feel like I donā€™t have a chance against any other setup just from seeing the opening board.

4 Likes

So you are saying Zeline should be nerf too I guess since her special is even better than velaā€™s?

1 Like

IMO, instead of nerfing heroes the game needs new raids configuration. I donā€™t knowā€¦for example:

Fighting 6 vs 6ā€¦with one heroe on the bench and substitute the first casuality. This made more tactical the raids.

Other kind of rides with random roster ā€¦ 10 heroes to choose and system gets 5 of them randomly

Mixing heroes between clan partnersā€¦

Something like thoseā€¦

More interesting features to avoid the same game mechanic once and again.

Nerfing and buffing already established heroes has been done multiple times in the past.

Thereā€™s wailing and gnashing teeth this time because forum readers saw an OP (unfair) card coming and spent a bunch to get it, to have an unfair advantage that they still want to have.

1 Like

Moderatorā€™s Note

There have been several posts in this thread flagged by community members as off-topic.

So here are some examples of the kinds of posts which are on-topic and appropriate for this thread:

• Opinions about whether Telluria or Vela need to have balance adjustments

• Discussion about how the Beta testing process for hero balance changes works

• Opinions about the current versions of Telluria and Vela being tested in Beta, and possible alternative versions you hope to see in subsequent rounds of testing

• Opinions about whether the premise of balance adjustments for already-live heroes are appropriate as a matter of principle

• Opinions about whether compensation of some sort is warranted when Small Giant makes updates to already-live heroes

Posts which fall outside those sorts of themes may not belong in this thread, and will be flagged and removed as appropriate.

6 Likes

A matter of point of viewā€¦ You defend a privileged position for older players.
Intregrating regilarly new players with hope of becoming top-ranked suppose to avoid such barriers to entry (a well-known issue in business)
So introducing progressively new heroes to counter the previous ones should ordinarily prevail.
What do you think costumes are? If not the fact that vanilla heros needed an upgrade with direct access for new players.

Vela is a weak attacking ice hero that deals extra damage against fire, before Telluria nobody complained on herā€¦With that being saidā€¦Why are you taking that away? Shes a good flank that prevents people stacking red, so because she works, she needs a nerf?

Taking Tellurias healing potental down that low is absurd, with the other effects being lowered on her, shes no longer a tank, and hardly a 5*. She could possibly need a slight nerf, I personally think dropping her ability to reduce mana gain completely and have everything remain exactly the same would be a good solution, but even still itā€™s a stretch. Telluria was intended to be a good Nature tank was she not? A team healer who can heal more than 1 tile can take away with minions that can last through 1 tile seems moreā€¦tanky.

1 Like

How to establish any expectation for nerfs:

Iā€™m an advocate for a 50 summon per month guarantee for HOtm you do 50 summons in 1 month you are promised the HOtM.

I would also love to see a 75 summon guarantee. Where if you summon during a seasonal or challenge event 75 times you would get a bonus draw of one of the event heroes, this would be an additional guarantee in concert with the already in place summon percentages. Upon completing this bonus draw you receive one of the random 3 heroes in a seasonal event heroes for example then if you did another 75 draws you would get a different one of the seasonal 5*s

So using springvale as the reference if you did 225 summons you would guarantee having all 3 heroes and the HOTM.

This would give players a safe understanding of the top limit of spending, and reward players for saving their resources all year. It would also open family bonus teams in the meta giving More diversity.

If we had limits on how much we had to spend to obtain a hero it would also make balance patches like the one theyā€™re proposing here not sting so bad, because it would cost no more than 50$ To obtain the HOTM, instead of the current system where some people are paying 300$!

We would also like others have said have more roster diversity so if a nerf came to one hero we would have alternates.

If compensation was needed for a future nerf there would be a measurable standard to reference of ascension mats and 15k gems so players would recoup their resources and be given the opportunity to summon a different HOTM.

Instead of gambling we would be investing knowing our investment was safe with SGG and if a harsh nerf was deemed necessary we know would be compensated.

Safe guards for the community would be put in place and nightmares like this one could be avoided.

1 Like

Another thing (now Iā€™ve plunged into the shark tank I may as well splash about for a bit) is the calls to nerf Gravemaker. Now, I donā€™t have GM, and I canā€™t say I like him very much; did the pull in Atlantis because, well, you never know, and I am short of attacking reds: got Clarissa and was happy enough with that for the time being, and Iā€™ll probably level G Kong now (heā€™s being buffed, hurrah!). However, I believe that fiddling with GMā€™s stats when heā€™s been lurking in the meta for the last 2 odd years is unjustifiable. Itā€™s been too long. If heā€™s OP now he was surely way, way OP when he first came out and every month since, but nothing was ever done about it, and most people will have learned to work around him or reroll etc. Heā€™s recently found a new lease of life as Telluriaā€™s flank, but if she were less of a rock-solid umbrella he wouldnā€™t be nearly so scary nowadays, with all the new heroes, buffed heroes, costumes and what-have you. Again, everyone else is taking a step forward while Gravy stays in the same place - although he was a big step forward to start with, so heā€™s still a little way over the line IMO! But only a little way now. So it would be rather hard for SG to explain why theyā€™re suddenly doing something about him after all this time.

As for revisiting Telluria now, and I do realise this is not likely to be a popular view, I would make a case for this being actually quite a good time for it. Sheā€™s been out for just over 2 months. Thatā€™s long enough for most players to have levelled her and to have been using her for a while - not me, Iā€™m always playing catch-up, mineā€™s only on third ascension and Iā€™ve paused her to work on Melendorā€™s cossie. (Weird priority I know.) Many people were saying when she first came out to give time for the meta to adjust, players to get used to fighting green tanks etc. Now they have enough data and more than enough opinions to make a reasoned decision. Whether theyā€™ve made the right one is up for (very heated) debate, needless to sayā€¦ but fwiw I donā€™t believe for one moment that SG actually want to have to do this. They may have baited but I donā€™t think switching was in the plan. This is one they canā€™t come out of without annoying a whole bunch of folk on both sides of the argument. Does anyone really believe they set themselves up for a no-win situation on purpose?

1 Like

Thereā€™s actually a separate thread about that, which is a good place to contribute: Zynga pays small giant a fortune

You could also post about it here if including commentary relating to Telluria and Vela.

Reviewing the original post that was marked off-topic, it looks like there was nothing in particular about Telluria or Vela, only ā€œIm just gonna drop this here.ā€

Easy for the first one: ā€œI spent less trying for Telluria thenā€¦ā€. Not specifically my preferences, but the ones of the group Iā€™m included in. Own your comments, please.
As far as the other, you want to nerf Telluria and Vela bacause you donā€™t have tham and I do. What goes around comes around.
As far as Sif goes, she affects only two allies, Iā€™ll obviously grant you that, but so does Elena and sheā€™s slow. Iā€™d love to hear your comment on that one, especially because Sif has 3 effects while Elena only 2. And countering damage does a lot more damage (sorry for repeating myself) than Telluria and her minionsā€™ attacks.
But really, what I do want, is for no nerfs to happen, either to Telluria, Vela, Sif, Kage, or any other hero for that matter.

Yea no worries i was going to write an essay but i didnt want to waste my time if its ā€œnot allowed to be discussedā€ in the first place.

Appreciate the response.

Cheers and happy modding :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I think that you should get what you pay they should do everything possible to fix edit or whatever before they drop the card in any other business this would be fraud

Costumes are an attempt at balance.

Balance is an attempt at variety.

What we have now is nothing of the sort.

When you become a ā€œprivileged older playerā€ what game do you want to play:
A balanced one?
Or
A buy OP heroes one?

Because theyā€™ve suggested These nerfs to vela and Telluria, and because people summoned for Malosi to Help fight Telluria, if they touch GM too, or even hint at it, after he has already been in the meta for years and just was re-released and hunted for in Atlantis half the community will just quit and try to sue. Lol.

Or they will demand something nuts like 500k gems and the complete removal of ascension mats altogether lol.

Tir have more(bufs-debuf) + fast mana> telluria , but he overpowered?

Iā€™m not an economist, neither am I a conspiracy theorist, and from what I see in this thread, theres a few conspiracies that might be alarmingly possible, or coincidental, or whichever the case.

See, Vela and Telluria teamup has been hyped for a very long while, and JF was supposedly the cheap version of GM. The trio was the HOTM of the first quarter of the year that I believe might have resulted in the ā€œ52%ā€ higher profits.

Of course we can argue that there were Season 3 heroes! And costumes! And events! But looking at the amount of ppl who have screamed for their money back, i wouldnt be surprised if the majority of the money went mainly for the HotMs chase.

If you consider that:

1. Costumes didnt change over that 3 months so pull rate is probably level
  2. Event heroes didnt change, so pull rates FOR event hero is probably level
  3. I remember there was 3 tonics to be won/bought in the month of march alone. Someone who tracks the offers kindly assist?

With those consideration, and the amount of profits from the heroes they are about to nerf (after they earned so much from it), I strongly hope the staff will pay attention and LISTEN to feedback, be it regular forums, or BETA testers.

Please please please.
LISTEN to the constructive feedback from Players.

13 Likes

Having talked to some of my friends in beta they have told me the Vela and Tell combo are to easy to beat as in they are winning 85 to 90% of the time and only have real problems against maxed emblemed teams. I would hope there are buffs now to both heroā€™s as in that these two heroā€™s should still be one of the best combos in the game and not render them useless. What are going to be some buffs to both heroā€™s now so that they stay useful? I donā€™t think youā€™ll be able to answer this but from what I have heard this is an over ā€œbalanceā€ which I feel is unfair to the Vela and Tell owners

Athena

I think what youre looking for is holy/yellow because they DONT have any hero that does extra dmg vs its counterpart.